Status: Completed- 18/09/2016

Take Good Care of My Baby

Chapter 66- Shopper Helper

“Good morning ladies” Cristiano grinned as he entered the kitchen. “Good morning son. What has you in such a good mood?” Dolores asked taking the milk from the fridge. “Does there have to be a reason?” he smiled rubbing Junior’s head gently before taking a seat next to Molly at the table.

“How’s my favourite little man this morning Mols” he smiled. “Good” she said. “What?” he asked noticing her questioning look on her face. “You’re in a very good mood” she said. “And that’s problem because?” he asked. “No it’s not just. Strange so early” Molly said. “The sun is shining, my son is healthy and everything is good. What’s not to be happy about?” he asked taking a sip of juice. “I’d wait till this afternoon then Molly” Dolores whispered but not too quietly to Molly.

“Wait for the afternoon for what?” Cristiano asked. “Nothing” Molly said. “Spill” he said. “Think it as a surprise. You don’t want to ruin a surprise” she said. “Molly” he said. “Zé is coming with the boys tonight” Molly said and he sighed. “And Katia isn’t coming with him” she finished. “Great” Cristiano groaned. “I know you wanted a quiet house but I bet Roderigo can’t wait to see you. And I’ll make sure they don’t annoy you” she said. “Don’t even think about letting Zé take advantage of you Mols. Help him with the kids but not all the time. You can’t do everything” Cristiano said. “I won’t. Now that went better than you thought” Molly said to Dolores.

“They are my family. I’m hardly going to hate them coming” Cristiano said. “You tend to like a quiet house” Dolores said. “When I want the house for something” Cristiano muttered remembering all the times he had wanted the house free when he wanted to get Molly alone during the time they were trying to get her pregnant.

“It will be fun” Molly said. “Easy to say when you’re the fave” Cristiano mumbled. “Not my fault I’m so loveable” she laughed tapping his cheek before she stood. “I’m going to get this one dressed and then I have a pile of things to do. See you later Cristiano” she said. “Laters Mols” he said watching her. “I won’t let Zé let her do too much” Dolores said. “She’s going to anyway” he shrugged. “I better go. See you later” he said kissing Dolores’s cheek.

After a full training session, Cristiano had just pulled up outside his house when his phone rung. “Hello” he said switching off the engine. “Remember me” Irina said. “Hey babe of course” Cristiano said confused. “Really so you remember that I’m your girlfriend?” she asked. “Yes” he said. “So how come you’ve forgotten our anniversary?” she asked and he smacked a hand against his forehead. “No I haven’t” he lied. “You could have fooled me. I haven’t spoken to you in days. Only short texts. And I’m ringing you now” she said. “Babe I’m sorry. You know how busy I’ve been lately” he said. “So have I” she snapped.

“It’s only just gone 10 in New York. I’m just home from training. I didn’t want to wake you up” he lied. “Something would have been nice at least to show you cared that I’m your girlfriend” she wined. “Your present is coming later in the day and you were meant to receive a bunch of flowers this morning. Or I thought at least before now. Maybe it was before 12. I’m sorry” he said. “Well you’re not to blame if people can’t do their job. Oh I miss you” she said. “Me too” he said. “I should be able to come over soon. I can’t for the two of us to spend time together” she said.

“Can’t wait either” he said. “I’m off to the gym. I can’t wait to see my lillies. Love you babe” she said. “Hope you like them” he said. “And my present” she said. “Bye” he said and the phone went dead.

“Shit” he mumbled searching for Jorge’s number and got no reply. He headed into the house and went straight to his office. “Oh hey” he said finding Molly at the desk. “Hey” she said tearing up a piece of paper. “Everything ok?” he asked. “Just the printer acting up. It made the writing all funny on the page” she said. “What are you doing?” he asked. “Sorting a couple of things for Jorge” she replied. “Have you spoken to him today? He’s not answering his phone” Cristiano said. “That’s because he’s on his way to Dubai for a meeting” she said. “Urgh great” he groaned.

“Anything that I can help you with?” she asked. “No it’s ok. You have enough to do” he said. “All this is for stuff relating to Fabio. And I have something else to do for Pepe. I’m helping Jorge with his other clients, no point in not helping you” she said. “Ok fine. But I’m only asking cos I need help fast” he said pulling up another chair to the desk.

“What do you need?” she asked. “I need to order and get flowers delivered to Irina in New York like as in yesterday” he said. “Ok” she said tapping the pen in her hand off the table. “I wouldn’t ask only I have no idea where to start” he said as her fingers tapped against the keyboard. “What kind?” she asked picking up the phone. “Lillies” he replied and she looked at him. “I know but she likes them” he shrugged.

“Hello” she said into the phone. “Hi I would like to order an arrangement of lilies please. For today. Preferable within the next hour. I’d be willing to pay extra for a quick turn around” Molly said into the phone as Cristiano sat back in his chair and watched her. “That’s wonderful. Oh the address” she said looking at Cristiano who had a blank look on his face. “One moment please” she said before finding the addresses she needed somewhere on the computer and telling the other person on the phone it.

“Oh yes I have the card right here” Molly said holding the palm of her hand out to Cristiano. He gave his card to her and she proceeded to recite the numbers off it. “Thank you. Have good day also” Molly said hanging up the phone. “There. Easy as that” she said. “It was easy cos you made it look easy. Thanks Mols” he said. “Sure” she shrugged.

“Molly” he said. “What else do you want?” she asked. “I kind of need to send a present too” he said and she sighed. “Have you any idea what sort of present? Srcatch that of course you don’t” she groaned. “Something she’ll like” he shrugged. “Well you’ll hardly send something she wouldn’t like. What’s with the flowers and present anyway. It’s not her birthday” Molly asked.

“Noisey aren’t you” he smirked. “And apparently you don’t need my help” she said. “It’s our anniversary” he sighed. “Oh right” she muttered. “Wait didn’t you not meet in September” she asked. “Ya but well it’s a year since she became my girlfriend” he mumbled. Or a year since Irina had told him that he was her boyfriend.

"So" he said. "Well what do you think she will like?" Molly asked. "I don't know" he shrugged. "Well that's helpful" Molly said rolling her eyes. "What do you think she would like?" he asked Molly. "She's your girlfriend. How am I supposed to know what she likes? I've barely been around her" Molly said.

"You’re a girl" he said. "Really I hadn't noticed" she said tapping at the keyboard. "Molly" he groaned. "Pick something" she said twisting the screen towards him. "Tiffany’s" he asked. "What?" Molly shrugged. "Why this?" he asked. "She surely likes jewelry. Plus every girl would love to get the chance to open the blue box" Molly muttered. "Just choose something and I can order it" she said. "Blue box" he mumbled.

"I'm not sure what to pick" he groaned as he looked at all the different choices. "Pick the most flashy and expensive thing" she muttered and he looked at her. "What? She's probably going to look up how much it cost anyway" she said sitting back into her chair. "Ya probably. Please Mols what do I pick?" he begged.

"This is nice" she said pointing to a necklace. "Bit..." he stammered. "Tacky" she muttered and he laughed. "Defiantly not you anyway" he smiled. "Well I'm not most things and I certainly won't be receiving anything from this site ever, so no need to worry about it looking tacky on me" she said scrolling down the page.

"That's cute" she said pointing to a necklace with a shoe diamond. "She's a model, walks in heels. Might mean more" Molly said. "I don't know" he groaned. "Do you find it hard to buy parents all the time?" she asked. "I'm normally good at buying things" he said. "When you don't leave it to the actual day" she said. "Ya. Anyway Maé and my sisters normally like everything I buy them" he said.

"So it's just the women you are sleeping with that you have trouble buying presents for" she said taking the laptop back from him. "The flowers will just have to do" he groaned. "Is she expecting a gift?" Molly asked. "Ya I kind of said it would be arriving later today" he said.

"You really should think before you speak Ronaldo. It's starting to cost you money" she said. "Not helping Molly" he said. "What about this?" she said showing him the screen. "You'll think she'll like a jacket over jewellery?" he asked. "I was talking about the jacket, dress and shoes Cristiano. Jezz you can't just give her a jacket. Christmas maybe but for your first anniversary. Now you should know better really" she said trying not to smile.

"You think it all could get delivered today?" he asked ignoring her. "Saks baby. Of course" she smiled and he laughed. "Thanks for your help Molly" he said standing. "Card?" she asked holding out her hand. "Do I want to know how much it will all cost?" he asked as the card landed in her palm. "Well these are YSL. And surely your girlfriend’s happiness is worth more than money?” she asked.

“Thank you for all your amazing and non annoying help Molly. We should do this again some time” he said sacristy. “Maybe don’t leave it to last minute and then you won’t have to deal with me” she said. “But dealing with you is so much fun and entertaining” he laughed. “I would suggest doing some recon before your next present buying adventure” she said.

“Recon?” he asked confused and she swirled around in the chair to look at him. “Suss out what she wants so you’re not I don’t know leaving it to someone who doesn’t know the girl” she smirked. “But you do have wonderful taste” he smirked. “Well remember it’s only a couple of months until Christmas. And then her birthday. Oh and Valentines. Wow you better start on that recon work Cristiano” Molly smirked. “Oh don’t remind me about that” he groaned.

“Go away and let me do some work you muppet” she laughed. “Thanks again Mols” he said placing a kiss on her head. “It’s fine. I hope you like whatever she gets you” she mumbled as he walked to the door. They both knew he wouldn’t receive a gift but neither said it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Would you have helped Cristiano like Molly did?

Sorry to keep you all waiting. I haven't had time to focus on writing. I hope you enjoy this chapter. I hope to update on Sunday.

As always let me know what you think.

Thanks to ak9_sh and gill7515 for their comments.