Status: This is my first Fanfiction so I hope you like it

Your Beauty Never Stopped You

Chapter 16

We've been sat in the car for the last fifteen minutes, not doing anything just staring ahead. We are outside mine-well, I guess Oli's now- apartment. I'm scared to go in and Vic is just waiting for me. My leg has been shaking and I can't stop it, I don't want to go in and I don't need to but I feel like I should see him in person first. Vic is coming in to be there for me when Oli explains but I think Vic is there to stop Oli from doing something to hurt me, instead of comfort me. Taking a deep breath I look at Vic and nod, he seems to know what we mean and we both step out. I'm not going to lie, I'm still scared of Oli because of the years of abuse but I feel stronger knowing that my sexican god is next to me. Woah wait, did I just say my sexican god. MY SEXICAN GOD. He isn't mine why am I being possessive, he is a sexican god though. Damn, I wish he was mine. Vic has been there for me a lot recently, even though it's only been like two days but the things he has done has helped a lot.

"Cmon, Kellin." I whisper to myself and even though I was talking to nobody, my voice still wavered. I don't know why I thought I would be okay going in there, it's pretty obvious I'm not. My nerves got the better of me and I grabbed Vic's hand for comfort. He looked down and stared at them together, realising what I'd done I quickly went to take my hand away. I tried to but was stopped by Vic entwining our fingers. It was my turn to stare at our hands this time, my heart was beating wildly in my chest and I was sure my face resembled a tomato but I forgot completely when he looked in my eyes and gave me a lopsided grin. My knees weakened at the sight but I held myself up trying not to embarrass myself. I smiled shyly back and looked at the ground, Uh... I'm like a school girl with a crush. My floor-staring was short lived when he grabbed my chin to look at him, he gave me a quick peck and put his forehead against mine. "Nothing bad will happen Kells. I won't let him touch you," His voice was serious but I wasn't really concentrating on what he said more on the fact that he kissed me. I know that we had kissed before but only we knew about that, this time he did it in the street where anyone could see. Anyone including Oli. Fuck, way to rain on my parade, as soon as his name was back in my mind anxiety took over again. We aren't even dating anymore and I still live in fear of what he could do.

I hid what I was feeling and walked on, Vic followed shortly behind. Mainly because, *insert squeal*, our hands were still entwined. I was so caught up at the fact that we were still holding hands that I didn't notice we had got to the door. I only noticed when Vic said "You ready Kells?". Ready? I was most definitely wasn't but I didn't tell him that, I just nodded my head. He raised his hand to knock but before he did the door was already open. There stood Oli, he was glaring at our hands. I tried to pull it free, still nervous of what he could do but Vic wouldn't let go. I sighed in defeat and looked at Oli for an invitation in. "You gonna let us in or what?" Vic asked, his voice was so hostile I almost didn't recognise it but the way Oli's face changed emotion to fear for a split second made me gain confidence. I'm scared of Oli and Oli's scared of Vic but Vic isn't scared of anyone here so as long as I stay near him I'll be alright.

Oli's face quickly changed back to a glare and he sarcastically moved his hand to guide the way as if we were royalty. Vic walked in first I think to make sure nobody else was here but obviously I was still attached to him so it was pointless. Even though I thought Oli didn't care about me, he left all my stuff where it was and by the looks of it hadn't had anyone else round since I was last here. That must mean something. Right? I mean if I meant nothing he would have moved on, not that I want to go back to him but it's nice to know. Maybe, we could become friends. Nothing more-obviously I wouldn't trust him completely. I took the lead and guided Vic over to where the couch was. Even though this was my home, I still out of place. When I was living here I spent everyday living on fear-always on edge-but now I'm here with a new sense of security. Vic.

Oli sat on the other end of the couch, keeping a distance between us. Even though he wasn't near me, Vic still kept a tight grip on my hand. Awkwardly, Oli cleared his throat and gave a glare towards Vic. He didn't notice though because his eyes never left me. When Vic noticed that I was looking at Oli he shifted his eyes over and a fury ignited in his eyes. "You have some explaining to do I believe, Sykes" Vic spoke with a dead calm voice, as though the anger in his eyes wasn't there. I noticed that Oli sank down a bit when he spoke; maybe from fear but as soon as the action was there it was completely gone with a guilty expression. "Uh...Yeah. I believe I do" His eyes were trained on me as he said this and I noticed the pain showing in them. It almost made me sympathise him but I didn't let it show.

If I'm honest, I shouldn't let him know how I feel at all. Not the sympathy for him or the terror I feel at being in the same room as him or the slight adoration I feel towards Vic. Anything I show to him will just be a weakness. He can guilt trip me, hurt Vic or bully me because of the emotions I feel. No matter how difficult it's going to be I have to hide any emotion that I feel. This is probably going to be the most difficult thing to do though, because he is going to explain why he did the things he did and apologise for everything. And even though I have my anchor, in a way, next to me to keep me grounded; this is going to be nearly fucking impossible.

I shifted towards Vic a bit more because of the intense stare Oli was giving me, I think he noticed because his eyes turned softer, as though he felt my pain. Un-fucking-likely though the sadistic prick. He is broken inside though. And he still beat me. He has a reason apparently. This means I should forgive him. Give him a chance. I sighed in defeat at my inner battle. Time to listen to what this absolute bas- Kellin! What he has to say.