Status: On going

Uzumaki Naruto, an Exceptional Ninja

Prologue: The Beginnings of the Tale

Prologue

[Beginnings]

It was the night of the weakening seal of the Kurama and the Yondaime Hokage was found inside a cave with his wife giving birth to their first son. “Come on, Kushina, you are doing great,” Yondaime Hokage smiled lovingly at his wife. ANBU guard the remote location far away from the village when suddenly a masked man appeared and easily killed them. “You Shinobi gotten weak over time, what has Konohagakure become,” the man spoke clearly annoyed with their skills. He continued his way towards the cave and can hear a small cry of a newborn son. With a smirk the masked man entered the cave and easily killed the nurse. “Who are you?” Yondaime Hokage questioned the man with a kunai ready for battle in his hand. “Ah, you must be, Namikaze Minato, Yondaime Hokage of Konohagakure no Sato,” the masked man said. Yondaime Hokage only glared at the masked man only to snap his head towards his wife when they all heard the familiar roar of the nine tails; Kurama.

Yondaime Hokage tried to head towards his wife but he was cut short as the masked man appeared in front of him. Both Yondaime and the masked man fought till Yondaime summoned Gamabunta to hold Kurama off. “Minato, you can’t use Naruto, he’s our son,” his wife, Kushina, cried. “I’m sorry, but I know Naruto will overcome it and be great!” Yondaime said. Yondaime started the seal on his son’s stomach he even sealed some of his and his wife chakra inside of their son—for future reference.

[Aftermath]

It only has been two years since the Kurama attacked the village; villagers begrudged Naruto. Sarutobi Hiruzen, the Sandaime Hokage, only sighed heavily as he stares down at the two year old Naruto. Sandaime was sad that his villagers didn’t see Naruto as a hero as his former Kage wanted them to see him as. “Hokage-sama, it’s time for Naruto’s nap,” an ANBU said distasteful. Sandaime only nodded and handed Naruto to the ANBU to be put to sleep, “How’s the damage from the last attack?” Sandaime asked as he looked over the reports from the previous attack from the Amegakure. “It’s coming along well, sir,” another ANBU said. Sandaime rubbed his temples to ease the tension that was building up, “Send me Uchiha Itachi,” he said. “Hai,” the ANBU said and vanished.

As the Sandaime waited for the infamous Uchiha to appear there was a strange noise coming from the room next door. ‘Naruto-kun, already awake?’ he thought to himself. “Go check on Naruto for me,” Sandaime said to another ANBU. The ANBU nodded and walked away heading towards the room. He froze in his spot when he saw the crib was tossed over, blankets speared out and the window gaped open letting that spring air enter. “LORD HOKAGE! NARUTO HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED!!” the ANBU shouted. Sandaime stood up in alarm, “No,” he whispered. “Sound the alarm, get Units 2, 6, 12 and 34 to search for him,” Sandaime said. “Hai,” the ANBU quickly left. Soon the whole village was frighten; mothers grabbed their children closer to them, husbands waiting for attacks, Shinobi pulling out their weapons. “Attention: Uzumaki Naruto was kidnapped from the Hokage’s office,” one of the ANBUs announced. The whole village sighed in relief knowing there is no real threat.

“Who cares if that monster was kidnapped?! More peace for us!” one of the villagers shouted. Many cried in agreement causing the ANBU to sigh heavily. “If Naruto was kidnapped by the wrong hands then might as well we all die in fright,” the ANBU said. Not far from the ANBU stood the infamous Uchiha Itachi, “Itachi—I changed your mission, I need you to search and retrieve Uzumaki Naruto,” Sandaime said. Itachi nodded his head and vanished. Uchiha Itachi; many questioned him why he’s even trying to bring back the monster when no one really wants him here. “If your son was kidnapped would you do anything to retrieve him back? Even if he’s a monster?” was the only thing Itachi would say before vanishing.

Itachi appeared back at his home to pack for his mission, “A mission?” a deep, and stern voice asked. “Hai, search and retrieve the kidnapped child, Uzumaki Naruto,” Itachi replied. Someone gasped, “Kushina’s kid was kidnapped?” a feminine voice asked. Turning around Itachi spotted both his parents standing by the door while his mother was ready to burst into tears. “I promised her I will protect him,” she whispered. Itachi remained silent, “Kaa-san?” a childish voice called. Looking down they spotted their fast learning son, “Sasuke,” their mother cried as she carried her own son in her arms. “I must go,” Itachi said and vanished.

Appearing at the village’s gates Itachi left immediately. ‘Who will kidnapped a two year old kid? I understand if their reason was for the demon inside of him, but a two year old?’ Itachi thought.

[With Naruto – Age 2]

Naruto stared with wide, blue eyes at the man before him. “Now, Uzumaki Naruto, can you say Master?” the man asked. Naruto only tilt his head to the side causing the man to sigh. “This is going to be some rough years,” the man said. “You will do fine,” another voice chimed in. “Yeah, well this brat will be the best of the best when he’s by the age of 6,” the man said. The man stared at the child as he plays with the kunais in his hands. “Now, Naruto—let’s get you smarter,” the man wickedly grin. “I have the syringe that Orochimaru-sama provided you,” the other voice added. “Perfect,” the man said and placed Naruto on a metal bed. “This will only hurt for a while,” he said and injected the liquid into Naruto. Naruto began to cry a bit as his arm and body began to burn. “You sure this will work? Having the Kurama in him he will probably kill the virus before it reaches his brain,” the other voice chimed. “It will,” the man said as he stares at Naruto in anticipation. His cries turned into silent sobs and he soon fell asleep.

The man picks Naruto up, “I will see you in the morning,” the man spoke and heads into a room. He lay Naruto down next to the wall and he lay down at the edge of the bed, keeping Naruto away from falling from the bed. “You will be like my son,” the man whispered before drifting off to sleep.

[Naruto – Age 4]

“Come on Naruto,” the man spoke. Naruto groaned from his dreamless sleep and sat up. “What are we training on now, Otō-san?” Naruto asked. “Your ninjutsus; we need to prefect your jutsus with Kurama’s chakra,” the man said. Naruto nods his head and escapes the warmth of his blankets. “Go get ready, head to the kitchen for breakfast and we will leave for training in a bit with Daihi-san,” the man spoke. Naruto nods his head and heads to the adjoining bathroom. ‘Hey Kit,’ a dark, deep voice called. ‘Kurama,’ Naruto easily replied. ‘What are we doing? More training?’ Kurama asked. ‘Hai, I need to prefect my ninjutsus using your chakra,’ Naruto said. ‘If you get the seal that got me here I can help you a lot more,’ Kurama said. ‘Get the seal?’ Naruto asked. “Otō-san,” Naruto called. “Yes?” the man asked. “What is the seal that is used on Kurama? He says, if we find the key to that seal he could help us even more,” Naruto said.

“Alright, I let Daihi-san get on with that,” the man said. Naruto nods his head and follows the man towards their main training ground. “You need me, Ken-san,” another voice chimed in. “Ah, Daihi-san, I need you to look for the key for the seal of Kurama,” the man, Ken, said. “Of course, I will ask Jiraiya-sama,” the other voice, Daihi, said. “Jiraiya-sama?” Naruto asked. “He’s one of the Legendary Sannin, Senju Tsunade, Lord Orochimaru, and Jiraiya are all Legendary Sannin trained by the Sandaime Hokage of Konohagakure no Sato,” Ken said. “Will I study them?” Naruto asked. “Hai, later you will study well-known, Clans, Shinobi, Kekkei Genkai, releases and villages,” Ken said. Naruto groaned, “Oh man, more schooling! Ah, no worries Otō-san, I will learned them, believe it!” he said. Ken laughed at this attitude, he ruffled his hair and pushed Naruto along. “Come on little one, we need to train,” Ken said.

Naruto puffed out his cheeks but followed Ken. “Ken-san, Jiraiya-sama has lend me the key,” Daihi said. “Prefect, all we need now is for Naruto to break it and figured it out,” Ken said.

[Naruto – Age 6]

“Argh, that was too much chakra,” Naruto groaned after smacking into the wall creating a crater. “Naruto-sama, Ken-san wants to speak to you in his office,” Daihi said. Naruto pushes himself off the wall and landed on his legs soundlessly. “Alright,” he said as he released his Bijuu mode and followed Daihi towards Ken’s office. “Daihi-nii-san, have you paid back Oro-Pedo a visit?” Naruto asked. Daihi sighed heavily as he rubbed his neck, “No, that bastard will die someday,” Daihi said. Naruto nods his head, “Either by one of his followers or his idiotic way of keeping immortal,” Naruto said. Daihi smiled at him, “You studied all the files?” he asked. Naruto nods his head, “Hai, the Nara Clan to the Akimichi clan all the way to the Amegakure and back,” Naruto said. “What about the Tetsu no Kuni?” Daihi asks. “Hai, that too,” Naruto nods his head.

“Have you mastered all the jutsus Jiraiya-sama as hand written to you?” Daihi asks. “Hai, the Rasengan and I even completed my Sage training with him on Mount Myōboku,” Naruto said. Daihi grinned, “Way the go Naruto!” he said. Naruto grinned at him and shyly rubbed his head, “Arigato Daihi-nii-san!” he said. Naruto and Daihi reached a closed door that was strangely painted in yellow and red swirls, “I got bored,” Naruto replied with a simple shrug of his shoulders after receiving a look from Daihi. Daihi sighed and knocked on the door, “Enter,” Ken’s voice was muffed by the door. “Oi Otō-san! I heard you’re looking for me!!” Naruto happily grinned at him. Ken sighed heavily and rubbed his temples, “What am I going to do with you Naruto?” Ken mumbled. “Anyways, the reason I called you in here is talk about your mission that is coming in a week,” Ken said.

“A mission?! What is it?!” Naruto asked happily. “I need you to go to Konohagakure no Sato and gather certain information on certain Shinobi. Here is the list I want you to gather information on, but I don’t need them to catch onto you so act stupid, low-ranked, naïve, and down-right poor performances,” Ken said. Naruto raised an eyebrow at him, “So, basically an academy student with low-scores? Get a rival and have a one-sided crush?” Naruto asked. Ken nodded his head, “Argh, so much work,” Naruto sighed. “Who’s my rival at this academy and my crush?” Naruto asked after getting the list. “I chose one of the last two remaining Uchiha member,” Ken said. “Uchiha Sasuke?” Naruto asked. Ken nodded his head and Naruto looked over the picture Daihi had handed him. “Why does his hair resembles a duck’s rear?” Naruto asked. Daihi chuckled before clearing his throat as he received a look from Ken, “Enough with duck’s rear, Naruto, do you understand your mission?” Ken asked.

“Hai, clear as water sir!” Naruto mocked saluted him but confusedly scratched his whiskered cheek, “Demo, who’s my pretend crush?” he asks. “Oh—Daihi did you gathered enough information on that?” Ken asked. “Hai. It seems all the girls have major crush on Uchiha Sasuke, leaving no option to choose one of the fan girls—sorry Naruto-kun,” Naruto sighed. “So, I kindly asked the secretary to take photos of all the girls in Uchiha-san’s class for a ‘potential’ dating services once ordered by his father,” Daihi continued. “To the point Daihi, to the point,” Ken grumbled. “Right, well, I have all the photos here and you get to choose the girl Naruto-kun,” Daihi said. “Fine let me see them,” Naruto sighed. He looked at every girl and only three caught his attention, “Those eyes—she’s from the Hyūga Clan isn’t she?” Naruto asked as he pointed to a small girl who was blushing, her lavender eyes staring at the camera, her purple hair lightly glowing as she stares at the camera shyly. “Hai, the Heir of the Hyūga Clan, Hyūga Hinata,” Ken answered.

He then glanced at the girl with short blonde hair, her blue eyes boldly staring at the camera with a bright smile on her face, “She’s from the Yamanaka Clan; I can tell by her pupil-less eyes,” Naruto said. “Correct once again; Yamanaka Ino. Tell me, who the parents of both girls are?” Ken asked. “I only know about their fathers, Hyūga Hiashi and Yamanaka Inoichi,” Naruto answered. “Good,” Ken said. Naruto glanced at the last girl; her bright pink hair stands out the most, her bright green eyes happily looked at the camera, a red headband on her head and a small smile playing on her lips. “Who is she? Her clan isn’t known,” Naruto said. “Good job; she’s another villager taking interest on being a Kunoichi, Haruno Sakura,” Daihi said. “Then I choose her to be my pretend crush. A more of a lower coverage, if I take any interest of the other girls from major Clans I’m sure someone is bond to notice it, especially with the eyes of a Hyūga,” Naruto said. Ken praised him. “Very well, in a week you are to be escorted to Konohagakure no Sato,” Ken said.

[With Sarutobi Hiruzen]

“Sir, it was been four years since the disappearance of Uzumaki Naruto, don’t you think we should stop looking?” one of the ANBU said. Sarutobi had refused to quit looking for Uzumaki the past four years. “No, I know he’s still alive out there and waiting to come back home. I will not let the Yondaime Hokage’s child alone outside the village gates,” Sandaime Hokage said. The ANBU looked at each other but then looked back at the Hokage when there was a knock on the door. “Enter,” he called. A relatively familiar Shinobi entered, “Yo,” he said. “Asuma—here for more missions?” Sarutobi asked. Asuma nodded his head, “Are you still looking for Uzumaki Naruto?” he asked. “Hai, here you go,” Sarutobi said. Asuma was by the door as he paused and turned to look at Sandaime Hokage, “We will find him dad,” he said and walked out.

Sighing heavily Sarutobi looks at the four year old photo of Naruto. He was grinning at the camera, his body build was small compared to the normal two year old children. Sarutobi sighed heavily and put the photo away, “Call in Hatake Kakashi,” he called.

[Konohagakure no Sato – A week time skip]

Naruto was a few hours away from the village gates and did a small non-detectable jutsu making him look a bit shorter than normal six year olds. ‘Crap, Daihi-nii-san will pay for this,’ Naruto thought as he started to tear his own shirt and cut up his arms, legs and torso as blood started to show. ‘Hey Kit, four ANBU are coming your way,’ Kurama said. Naruto cursed under his breath and worked faster; satisfied he tumbled in front of the ANBU. The ANBU quickly surrounded him, “Who are you?” one of them asked. “I-I—I don’t remember,” Naruto trembled.

“Pretend you don’t know your name, pretend you don’t know anything Naruto-kun,” Daihi’s words echoed in his mind. “Let’s take him to Lord Hokage,” one of them said. The rest nodded and took Naruto inside the gates. ‘Nice acting, Kit,’ Kurama praised. ‘Thanks,’ Naruto thought. The ANBU knocked on the door Naruto faintly remembered, “Enter,” a soft but yet firm voice called. ‘Remember what they said Kit. You were once from here, you were kidnapped by them and you just escaped,’ Kurama said. “Yes?” Sarutobi asked. “Lord Hokage, we found this child a few hours away from the gates,” one of the ANBU said. Looking up from his papers Sarutobi gasped in pure and utter shock, “Naruto?” he asked. Naruto tilts his head, “I-Is that my name?” he asks. Sarutobi stands up and walked towards Naruto, “Your name is Uzumaki Naruto,” he softly said. Naruto formed tears and cried into the Hokage’s robes. “Those men were so mean!!” Naruto cried.

“They—they did stuff to me,” he continued to cry. “There, there, you are safe now,” Sarutobi cooed him. ‘Way good acting skills Kit. Are you sure you don’t want to be an actor?’ Kurama joked. ‘Fuck the acting—I need air!’ Naruto mentally cried.

[Academy]

Hokage led Naruto towards the Academy after getting ready. “Why do you wear that Naruto?” Sarutobi asked after seeing Naruto had a cloth tied to his neck. “Uh—I—I don’t know. I always liked it there,” Naruto replied. Sarutobi smiled and continued walking. Naruto noticed the stares of the villagers; hatred. ‘Hate me all you want—you won’t get to me,’ Naruto thought. Sarutobi led Naruto up the stairs once inside the academy, “Now, Naruto you be nice to your sensei and try to learn the best you can,” Sarutobi said. Naruto nodded his head and shyly stood behind Hokage as he knocked on a door. The door opened revealing a man with brown hair and a scar over his nose bridge. “Iruka-san, this is Uzumaki Naruto—he will be joining you for now on,” Sarutobi said. “Hai, Lord Hokage,” Iruka said.

“Alright class we have a new student joining us today,” Iruka said as he pushed Naruto up front. “Say your name and your goal to the class,” Iruka said. “I’M UZUMAKI NARUTO AND ONE DAY I WILL HOKAGE BELIEVE IT!!” he shouted hyperactively. ‘Argh, that gave me a headache,’ Naruto thought still not wavering from his bright grin. “Annoying,” someone whispered causing the whole students to laugh. “Alright, that’s enough! Naruto why don’t you sit next to Uchiha Sasuke,” Iruka said. ‘Tone it down next time you scream,’ Kurama growled. ‘Argh, we will kill Daihi-nii-san later for this, I just gave myself a headache,’ Naruto mentally grumbled as he took his seat. ‘Let the mission begin,’ Kurama chuckled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Daihi [Dye-hee]: Dai-Great Hi-Fire or Great Ambition