Status: On going

Uzumaki Naruto, an Exceptional Ninja

Chapter Three: Missions and firstly meeting Team Gai

|Next Day: Mission No. 1|

Naruto woke up the next day before dawn broke the horizon. Naruto had a mission with his team and he didn’t want to wear that forsaken orange track suit. ‘What are you going to wear if you don’t want to wear that?’ Kurama asked lazily. ‘My usual outfit when I went on missions for Otō-san,’ Naruto answered. Naruto put on his mesh armor and then over that he put on his black pants and black shirt. ‘What about your scars, Kit?’ Kurama asked. Naruto cursed under his breath till his eyes caught his hitai-ate hanging from the mirror. He smirked. Grabbing his hitai-ate he calmly tied it around his neck and checked if none of his scars where showing.

‘Alright let’s go,’ Naruto thought and left his apartment. A minute later he walked back inside and grabbed his pouch, ‘Yes mother I got it now,’ Naruto grumbled. ‘You may never know,’ Kurama argued back. ‘Yeah whatever,’ Naruto said and left once again. He headed towards the monument for a small moment of silence. Why small moment? “NARUTO—GET DOWN FROM THERE!!” Naruto sighed heavily as he climb down to meet his Sandaime Hokage. “Ji-chan, what’s wrong? You need something?” Naruto asks Sarutobi. “Naruto what are you doing up there?” Sarutobi asks. “Relaxing for a bit before going on the missions,” Naruto answered. Sarutobi gave him a suspicious look as he hummed. Naruto sweat dropped, “I was really relaxing Ji-chan, I wasn’t planning on anything,” Naruto mumbled. “Then why are you wearing those?” Sarutobi asked him as he pointed at Naruto’s outfit.

“Sometimes that orange tracksuit can be a pain. So I didn’t want to wear it today,” Naruto answered with a semi-lie. Sarutobi smiled at the boy, “I guess you too can get tired of wearing the same thing,” Sarutobi said. Naruto nodded his head, “Come on Naruto, I think it’s time for you and I to meet your team mates and Sensei for your missions,” Sarutobi said. Naruto nodes his head and easily followed Sandaime back to the missionary room. “Naruto! WHERE WERE YOU?!” Haruno Sakura shouted the minute she entered the office and set her eyes on the Class Idiot. “Matte, matte, I was with the Hokage this morning,” Naruto nervously said. Kakashi and Sasuke eyed the boy with different reasons. ‘Why was he here before us? Is he planning something against the Hokage?’ Kakashi thought. ‘Since when did Naruto started to dress differently?’ Sasuke thought. “Ah, Kakashi-san you are here. Great, here are you missions,” Sarutobi said as he handed Kakashi the scroll. “Let’s go team,” Kakashi causally said and led his Genins outside the office.

“What’s the first mission Kakashi-sensei?” Sakura asked. “Babysitting Hiroshi’s kids,” he replied after a minute. “WHAT?! BABYSITTING?!! YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!” Naruto shouted. “Come on Naruto, it can’t be that bad,” Sakura said. “You have no idea how little kids can be Sakura-chan, those little,” Naruto trailed off as he glared at the ground. Kakashi didn’t question his behavior for he too had the same reaction when he was a kid himself. Team Seven arrived at Hiroshi’s home and the man—some thirty plus years, black hair, green eyes, toned and muscular body, wearing the usual Chūnin vest and uniform—welcomed them in with open arms. “Naruto-kun, I see you are here once again,” Hiroshi smiled. “Yeah, yeah,” Naruto grumbled and casually walked into Hiroshi’s house as if he owned it. “Naruto!” Sakura warned. “It’s alright, Naruto has been in my house more than a few times before. He knows the layout already,” Hiroshi smiled. “NARUTO-NII-SAN!!!” three little voice shouted. Naruto cringed and prepared himself.

He was tackled down and soon tied up, “Brats,” Naruto grumbled. Hiroshi smiled and patted his children’s head. “Alright, you three behave for Naruto and his team alright? I won’t be long,” Hiroshi said and left the house. Sasuke was smirking at the tied up Naruto. “Alright, alright. GET OFF!!” Naruto shouted. The three kids hurriedly got off of Naruto. Naruto easily stood up and the ropes fell from him surprising Sasuke and Sakura. “Your knots still lack,” Naruto said to the kids. “AW MAN!! WE’VE BEEN PRACTICING!!” all three whined. “Naruto,” Sakura called. “Oh right. Guys this is Yuki,” he pointed to the only girl. She smiled sweetly at them. “These two are Daisuke and Toshi,” he then pointed at the two boys that looked exactly like Hiroshi. “Kids, these are my team mates and Sensei. Haruno Sakura, Uchiha Sasuke and Hatake Kakashi,” Naruto introduced. Immediately all three kids cornered Sasuke.

“YOU’RE SO COOL!!” all three shouted. Naruto sighed heavily and sat down on the couch, “Thank Kami, Uchiha can distract them for a while,” he whispered to himself but Kakashi heard. He mentally smirked and cleared his throat, “We are here to keeping you three from getting bored. What do you wish to do?” Kakashi asked. Daisuke immediately pointed at Naruto, “YOU KNOW THE DRILL!!” he shouted. Naruto glared at his Sensei while all three gave him a questioning look. “You will pay for this,” Naruto growled at his Sensei before using the transformation. “Transform!” he shouted. Smoke covered the room blocking anyone from seeing Naruto. As soon as the smoke cleared Sakura squealed in happiness. “Naruto you’re so kawaii in this form,” she said as she picked up Naruto in his fox form. Naruto sweat dropped at his team mate. Yuki took Naruto away from Sakura, “Okay Naruto-nii-san, go hide,” She smiled. Naruto sighed heavily, “You so owe me for this Kakashi-sensei,” Naruto said surprising his team once again.

Naruto took off but the only thing Kakashi saw was the nine-tails. “Okay, the drill is that Naruto transform into any animal and hides while we track and locate him,” Daisuke said. Kakashi was surprised, ‘These kids are well advanced,’ he thought. “Naruto-nii-san, taught us how to do this when he first babysat us,” Toshi said when he saw the surprised look on Sasuke. “Matte, matte, did you say Naruto taught you three how to track?” Sakura asked shocked. All three kids nodded, “Yep, every time Naruto-nii-san, babysits us we train in tracking, locating, information gathering, taijutsu and ninjutsu. Our Otō-san was okay with it. That’s why when he leaves he asks for Naruto to babysit us,” Daisuke said. Kakashi was surprised by this and so was Sakura and Sasuke. “Okay! Let’s go look for Naruto-nii-san!” Yuki shouted and hurried off. Daisuke and Toshi immediately followed their sister. Team Seven easily followed the three kids.

Kakashi supervised them as they immediately found a few traces of broken and pressed down twigs and grass. ‘Their tracking are excellent,’ Kakashi thought. Daisuke stopped and looked around, “Yuki, do sense that?” he asked. Yuki smirked and pointed at the tree in front of them, “Yeah and look, Naruto-nii-san wasn’t careful,” she said. Kakashi looked and saw claw marks on the base of the tree and a root sticking out. “He probably tripped on this and by saving himself he clawed on the tree preventing himself to fall even more,” Toshi said. Kakashi, Sasuke, and Sakura all were surprised by this, “But where can he go? There is no more prints or a recent path,” Yuki stated. Kakashi noticed something different, “Wait,” Daisuke said as he too noticed it. “Good, you three are getting better, but try and catch me,” they heard Naruto’s voice. Snapping their heads up, they saw Naruto jumping down and immediately took off running. “CATCH HIM!!” Toshi shouted. Sakura and Sasuke immediately took action along with the other three kids while Kakashi only watched.

‘Naruto taught them well. In fact, too well. They tracked well for just little kids barely in the academy. That tracking level was well based on low Chūnin. What else did you taught them Naruto,’ Kakashi thought. “Doton: Dorei no Jutsu!” Daisuke shouted. Kakashi was surprised by the massive Earth hands that appeared from the ground and tried to grab Naruto. Daisuke kept his hands on the ground while the Earth hands moved around, “Suiton: Suijinheki no Jutsu!” Yuki shouted as she stood behind the hands. She exhaled and created a large water wall in front of Naruto causing him to skid in his tracks and getting captured by Daisuke’s Earth hands. Kakashi was shocked and pleased. Shocked because Yuki created a B-Rank ninjutsu and pleased because both showed excellent teamwork. “Ninpō: Dorei Bainzu no Jutsu!” Toshi said. Green vines shot out from the ground and easily wrapped themselves around Naruto keeping him from escaping. “Good, you guys captured me,” Naruto casually replied.

Kakashi was impressed by their teamwork. He was about to speak when he felt a familiar chakra signature. “I still see you train them in tracking, Naruto-kun,” Hiroshi’s voice captured all their attention. “Otō-san!” all three replied happily. Sasuke simply looked away from the happy family while Sakura smiled at the scene. Naruto had an irked mark on his head, “OI!! LET ME GO!!” Naruto shouted. Hiroshi laughed and told Toshi to let him go. Toshi pouted but did what he was told. As soon as his paws hit the floor Naruto immediately released the transformation. “Arigato for babysitting them,” Hiroshi said. Naruto nods his head and easily led the group out of the backyard into the house and outside once again. “Alright next mission is to fix a house,” Kakashi said. All three groaned but followed their Sensei towards an empty house. When they saw the house all three gaped at the scene. The house was in bad shape. Roof was caving in, glass were broken when kids threw rocks at it, over grown grass covered the steps, dead bushes and flowers blocking the porch and the door itself. “WHAT THE HELL?!” Naruto shouted. “Now, now, Naruto. If we finish this by the end of the day we all can get ramen,” Kakashi tried to settle him down. “FINISH THIS BY THE END OF THE DAY?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! LOOK AT THAT!! THAT DOESN’T LOOK LIKE WE’LL FINISH IN ONE DAY!!” Naruto shouted. Sasuke and Sakura agreed with him, ‘Why not create Kage Bunshin and help with the half of the work?’ Kurama asked. Naruto paused in his rant causing the other three to glance at him. “Naruto?” Sakura called. Naruto didn’t answer her, “Hey Dope,” Sasuke called.

Naruto smacked himself causing Sasuke and Sakura to give him looks, “Why didn’t I think of that sooner?” Naruto whined and immediately did clones. Kakashi was surprised at how many clones Naruto can have at his disposal. “Alright, split up into groups of five,” Naruto ordered. His clones immediately followed the order and soon he had four groups of five, “Unit A will work with Kakashi-sensei,” he pointed to the group in the far right. “Unit B will work with Sakura-chan,” he said while pointing to the group next to group A. “Unit C will work with Sasuke-teme,” Naruto said causing his clones to chuckle and Sasuke to glare at him. “And finally Unit D with me,” he said. “YOSH!” the last group shouted causing the others to whine. “WE WANTED TO WORK WITH YOU BOSS!!” his clones shouted all at once. Naruto sighed heavily and snapped his fingers. Immediately all his clones fell into silence, “Work with them and follow their orders. They are in charge of you and don’t goof around, we want this done by the end of the day,” Naruto ordered.

Sasuke and Sakura were shocked that Naruto can easily make clones and order them around while Kakashi, on the other hand, was pleased that he could lead a huge group as a leader. ‘He’s already leading and shouting out orders. He’s fit for a Chūnin but I can’t say for sure he will like that rank,’ Kakashi thought as he eyed Naruto. ‘Something is telling me that Naruto is much stronger than a Jounin,’ Kakashi thought.

|Mission No. 2|

Naruto glared at the house in front of him while his clones where behind him. “Alright, you three go grab some wood and you two some tools. We are going to fix this roof,” Naruto orders. The clones nodded and easily went off. Kakashi seemed to notice and saw Naruto jumping onto the roof. He froze but relaxed a bit when he saw that it wasn’t caving into his weight. He then saw Naruto throwing old wood down and tearing the roof down. ‘I’m guessing he’s working on the roof,’ he thought. He glances around and spots Sakura ordering the five Naruto clones to fix the grass and bushes. ‘Of course,’ Kakashi sweat dropped. He then saw Sasuke ordering the clones to tear down the windows and to get new windows. ‘I guess I’m left with the body,’ Kakashi thought as he eyed the house frame. Naruto sighed and made another clone, “Go around and ask if they need any more clones,” Naruto ordered it. The clone nodded and jumped towards Kakashi.

“Kakashi-sensei, the real Naruto asks if you need more clones,” the clone said. “Yeah, I need a few more if I’m working on the house frame,” Kakashi answered. The clone nodded and walked over to Sakura. “Sakura-chan, the real Naruto asks if you need more clones,” again he said. Sakura shakes her head, “No thanks, we can manage it,” she smiled. The clone nodded and heads to the last member. “Uchiha-san, the real Naruto asks if you need more clones,” the clone said. Sasuke stays silent for a few minutes and then shakes his head, “No, but we can handle it,” Sasuke answers. The clone nods, “Punch me,” he ordered. Sasuke with no hesitation punched the clone and the clone vanished. Getting the information Naruto immediately made clones for Kakashi and ordered them to head to him.

“Kakashi-sensei, Naruto send us to you,” the clones said. Kakashi nodded his head and ordered the clones to start tearing off the walls while he had other clones gathering the wood and tools. Naruto stopped for a while and wipe away the sweat he had collected. He looked around and easily spotted Sakura fixing the grass and bushes, Sasuke fixing the windows and Kakashi fixing the house. He sighs heavily and goes back on fixing the roof. Soon one of the clones started to whistle a small tune. Naruto hummed at first but he forgot he was with his team. “I painted your room at midnight, so I’d know yesterday was over,” he sang. Sakura, Sasuke and Kakashi all stopped when they heard his voice. “I put all your books on the top shelf, even the one with the four leaf clover. Man, I’m getting older. I took all your pictures off the wall and wrapped them in a newspaper blanket. I haven’t slept in what seems like a century, and now I can barely breathe,” he sang.

His team mates and Sensei were quiet surprised that Naruto can sing, “Just like a crow chasing the butterfly, dandelions lost in the summer sky. When you and I were getting high as outer space, I never thought you’d slip away I guess I was just a little too late. Your words still serenade me, your lullabies won’t let me sleep. I’ve never heard such a haunting melody. Oh, it’s killing me. You know I can barely breathe,” his voice got louder and powerful causing all the villagers to stop in their tracks and listen to the song. “Just like a crow chasing the butterfly, dandelions lost in the summer sky. When you and I were getting high as outer space, I never thought you’d slip away I guess I was just a little too late. Just like a crow chasing the butterfly, dandelions lost in the summer sky. When you and I were getting high as outer space, I never thought you’d slip away,” he continued to sing as he worked on the roof. Naruto hadn’t realized that he was singing aloud and having an audience.

“Like a crow chasing the butterfly, dandelions lost in the summer sky. When you and I were getting high as outer space, I never thought you’d slip away I guess I was just a little too late. Oh, just a little too late,” he finished singing. He jumped slightly when he heard cheering and clapping, “I never knew you can sing like that Naruto,” Sakura said with stars in her eyes. Naruto nervously rubbed the back of his neck, “Neither did I. Don’t tell anyone that I can sing,” he said and continued working ignoring the stares from his team. ‘What’s with him? I was only complementing him,’ Sakura thought. Sasuke saw the cold and hatred eyes Naruto tried to hide, ‘What’s with those emotions? He isn’t like that,’ he thought. ‘Stupid, stupid. I’m an idiot. Why did they whistle that tune? They know that I won’t resistant on singing that song! That—petrifying, haunting melody,’ Naruto thought as old memories invaded his mind. ‘Hey Kit, don’t think about it,’ Kurama said softly. ‘Yeah, I guess I can try forget it again,’ Naruto thought.

He shakes his head and finished the roof in time. A few hours later, the whole team had finished fixing the house and Kakashi was satisfied with his team’s work. “Alright, let’s go and report back to Hokage so we can get our money,” Kakashi said and his three—well, two, seeing one of them is Naruto—Genins followed him. At the tower, Sarutobi Hiruzen had heard Naruto’s familiar voice smoothly floating into his office, ‘I never knew he can sing. I have feeling that song meant something to him,’ he thought. There was a knock on his door causing him to break out from his thoughts, “Enter,” he called. He spotted Kakashi poking his head in first and then allowing his Genins to enter before him. “Ah, Kakashi-san, I’m guessing you’re down with today’s missions,” Sandaime said. Kakashi nodded his head, “Hai, we finished both missions. Babysitting Hiroshi-san’s children and fixing the house,” Kakashi said and handed the scroll back to Sandaime Hokage with the report. “Arigato, come back tomorrow same time, you’re dismissed,” Sarutobi dismissed them. Team Seven left the office and started to walk towards the stairs, “I will see you guys tomorrow,” Naruto started to walk away from them when Kakashi caught him.

“Now, where do you think you are going? We need to have lunch,” Kakashi smiled. Naruto sighs, “No thanks. I will pass on the lunch offer. Maybe some other time,” Naruto said and escaped his team. “What’s with him?” Sakura asked. “I don’t know. Something big because he turned down ramen,” Kakashi said. Sasuke didn’t voice out his concern, in fact, he wasn’t concern about the blonde idiot. ‘Bah, who needs him? That dope,’ Sasuke thought. Kakashi sighed heavily, “Well, change of plans. Let’s go to BBQ then,” Kakashi said and led the remaining two Genins towards a popular BBQ place. He easily spotted his friend, “Yo,” Kakashi greeted him. “Ah, Kakashi nice seeing you. Demo, why are you here?” Sarutobi Asuma asks. “Treating my team to food,” Kakashi causally replied. Asuma smiled at pointed at his team not too far, “Yeah same here. At least you don’t have to worry about your wallet too much,” he sighed heavily. “Actually, our original plans was to eat ramen but Naruto didn’t feel well so here we are,” Kakashi said. “Naruto?” Asuma asks. Kakashi nods his head, “Yeah, the dead last of his class,” Kakashi replied.

“Oi, Asuma-sensei,” his team called him. “Kakashi, I want you to meet my team. Nara Shikamaru, Akimichi Choji and Yamanaka Ino. Guys this is Hatake Kakashi,” Asuma introduced. “Yo,” Kakashi smiled at them. “So, who do you have?” Asuma asks. “This year’s Rookie, Uchiha Sasuke, then Haruno Sakura and finally Uzumaki Naruto,” Kakashi replied. “Naruto? Where is he?” Shikamaru asks boredly. “He left not feeling well,” Sakura replied. Naruto secretly followed his team towards the BBQ place with undetectable jutsu that allows him to hide himself and his chakra easily. ‘First on the list, Sarutobi Asuma, then Hatake Kakashi,’ Naruto thought. ‘Kit, Asuma used to be in that Twelve Guardian Ninja,’ Kurama said. Naruto stares at Asuma for a bit, ‘Then he might know Kazuma then,’ Naruto thought. ‘What if he thinks he’s dead since he was the one that made that scar?’ Kurama asks. ‘I won’t be surprised if he thinks that. Kazuma changed from what I heard. He thinks there should be only one King, whatever that means,’ Naruto thought. He causally spies on them and writes mental notes on each Sensei. He tried getting closer but cursed under his breath when he noticed he was still casting a shadow.

Kakashi and Asuma both became alert when they noticed the shadow passing by them suspiciously. ‘What’s going on?’ Kakashi thought. Shikamaru and Sasuke also noticed the shadows and both were alert much like their Sensei while Choji and Ino were arguing about the last piece of meat. ‘Careful Kit, four people know that your shadow is following them,’ Kurama said. ‘I’ve noticed. Dammit,’ Naruto glared. ‘Alright might as well go before they even find me,’ Naruto said and morphs into the wall and vanishes. Appearing inside his apartment he quickly wrote down the information and sealed it with a blood seal. He put inside his pouch and left his apartment. He was walking towards the training field when he bump into someone wearing green spandex. “Gomen,” Naruto said. “It’s fine!” the boy said. Naruto noticed his hands where covered in bandages. “I see you train your hardest,” Naruto commented. “YOSH! MY DREAM IS TO BECOME A GREAT TAIJUTSU SHINOBI!!! PLUS IT’S YOUTHFUL!!!” the green speck shouted. Naruto cringe at his loudness and soon he noticed two others showed up with a deadpan expression. “He’s always like this,” the girl tried.

“It doesn’t matter to me,” Naruto casually replied. Naruto was about to leave when, “Matte, who are you?” the other boy said. “Uzumaki Naruto, ciao!” Naruto replied lazily and left the three older Genins to their means. He immediately jumps from treetop to treetop and arrives at the meeting point under five seconds. “Ah, you’re here,” a voice said. Turning around Naruto spotted the spy, “Here you go. And here is a vile of my blood to keep that bastard satisfied,” Naruto said as he handed the scroll and a vile. “Arigato, Naruto-kun. I’m sure he would love the gift,” the spy smirked. “Yeah, yeah, whatever. I need to go, I left a group of old Genins behind,” Naruto said and immediately goes back. The spy only smirks and vanishes into the darkness before disappearing. Naruto stopped for a few minutes to see the three Genins still there. ‘I guess there is no point in hiding,’ Naruto thought and calmly walked out from the shadows. He noticed the three Genins stopped in their tracks and watch him, “Where did you go?” the boy with lavender eyes asks. ‘Hyūga, eh? I wonder which one,’ Naruto thought.

“Just to clear my mind for a bit, well, ciao!” Naruto said and walked away from the training grounds. ‘Don’t look now Kit but you’re being followed,’ Kurama warned. Naruto turned towards the center of the village but the follower didn’t let up in fact, “Naruto! Wait!” the follower shouted. Sighing heavily, Naruto stopped in his tracks and let the follower to catch up. He noticed it was the taijutsu user he stumbled upon a few minutes ago, “Oh, the Tai-Shi guy, what’s up?” Naruto asks. “Tai-Shi?” the boy asks confused. Naruto nods his head, “Taijutsu Shinobi; only I used the first three letters of each, so Tai-Shi,” Naruto explained. The boy grinned at him, “YOSH!!” he shouted. “I’m Rock Lee!!” he said. “Nice to meet ya,” Naruto said. “Listen, my team and I are going to eat at the BBQ place just around the corner. We wanted to know if you wanted to join us,” Lee said. Naruto sighed heavily and nodded, “Sure, why not,” he said and easily followed Lee back towards his team mates.

“Hi, I’m Tenten and this is Neji,” the girl smiled. “Those eyes; Hyūga,” Naruto commented. Neji was not surprised that he knew, ‘He’s probably the Rookie of the Year,’ he thought. Naruto grinned, “You know, you and that Uchiha-gaki are the same. I heard that you were the Rookie of the Year when you were in the academy. Uchiha-gaki is this year’s Rookie,” Naruto said. Neji was surprised, “Then how—,” Tenten was cut off. “How did I know? Easy, I pieced two and two together. Hyūga Hinata has the same eyes,” Naruto shrugs his shoulders. As they walked into the restaurant Naruto immediately spots his team mates and Team Ten. “Naruto?” Sakura asked in surprised. Everyone turned to look at him while Lee, Tenten and Neji just took a booth and sit down. “Hey,” he smiled and took a seat next to Lee. Everyone was confused, “I thought you said Naruto wasn’t feeling well,” Ino said.

Naruto excuse himself from his table and heads towards his team mates, “Hey guys,” Naruto smiles. “What are you doing here? Your team said you weren’t feeling well,” Shikamaru said. Naruto nervously grin, “Well, I wasn’t quite myself at first but I just need some fresh air but I bump into those guys and they have offered me to eat with them,” Naruto says. Naruto stays for a bit but then goes back and sits with them, “Who are those people Naruto-san?” Tenten asks. Naruto smiles at her, “My team mates and Team Ten, I’m sure we will meet again during the Chūnin Exams and I will introduce them to you,” Naruto says. Neji nods his head and orders his food along with Lee. Tenten takes a bit more time before ordering and soon the waitress looks at Naruto and waited. “I have dumplings and green tea,” he says. The waitress nods her head and heads off.

“I notice something Naruto-san,” Lee speaks up. Naruto looks at him, “Yeah? What is it?” Naruto asks. “Why does many villagers give this disgust look?” Neji bluntly asked when Lee was trying to ask a more friendly way. “Neji!” Tenten gasps. “Well I quite don’t know but I don’t let those looks get to me,” Naruto said. “Destiny—,” Neji started making Tenten to groan softly. Naruto raised an eyebrow at them, “Destiny? Neji-san, don’t tell me you believe in that? I used to believe in it till about when I turned five. Destiny isn’t worth shit,” Naruto said. Neji only smirked, “I heard you wanted to become Hokage. It’s impossible with that jutsu people keep talking about; Kage Bunshin. We Hyūga can figure it out with these eyes. Talent is decided at your birth you could say that everything is decided when a person is born,” Neji started. Naruto scoffed, “Save your lecture for another time Neji,” Naruto said and quickly saw the waitress heading over their table with their food. “I’m sure we are very hungry and would like to eat in peace and as friends,” Naruto said as he stared into the eyes of the Hyūga.

Neji nodded and enjoyed his meal as well for Tenten and Lee. Naruto team mates and Team Ten can see them having fun cracking jokes, “What’s with him?” Shikamaru asks. Sasuke glared at the idiot while Sakura looked at him in concern, ‘He’s starting to be himself. The powerful, easily annoyed, smart, self. I wonder how is this going to explode when Naruto shows his true strength,’ Kakashi thought.

|Next Day|

Groaning, Naruto threw his alarm clock against the wall breaking it. “God damn it! Now I need a new one!” he growled glaring at the pieces. ‘If you didn’t threw it against the wall, you wouldn’t need a new one,’ Kurama said. ‘Shut up Kurama,’ Naruto mentally growled. ‘Oh, I see. You’re having one of your episode now,’ Kurama teased. Naruto groaned and left his apartment, ‘Now where are you going?’ Kurama asks. ‘Meditate,’ Naruto answers. Naruto headed straight towards the Hokage Monument when he spotted three higher ranked Shinobi. “Have you found him?” one of them asked the others. “No, he weaseled his way out,” the tall one with the bandana growled. “We will get him Ibiki-san,” the smaller one said. Naruto was confused by this but continued anyways. “HEY KID! Where are you going?!” one of the Shinobi spotted him.

Turning around, Naruto jumps back in fright when he saw ‘Ibiki’ standing way to close to him. “T-To the M-Monument,” Naruto answers. Ibiki narrows his eyes, “Aren’t you that kid that painted the Monument not too long ago?” he asks him. Naruto sighs heavily and looks Ibiki straight in the eyes, “Look, I don’t care if I did or not, I’m not in the mood right now. If you excuse me I need to clear my mind,” Naruto says and walks away. He vanished in time to avoid strong arms. Naruto frowns at the man that was talking before, “You shouldn’t have done that. I have killer moods and when I say I’m not in the mood it means run with your life,” Naruto growls. Ibiki narrows his eyes at Naruto but it widen slightly when he felt the kill intent he was now releasing. ‘Kit, calm down. They are Shinobi Leaf,’ Kurama said. ‘Now you tell me to calm down?! I thought you wanted to kill these bastards!!’ Naruto mentally shouted. ‘I do, believe me Kit. I do want to murder this village for trapping me inside of you. But not like this Kit, and I wouldn’t want to kill the village either. Because if it wasn’t for your father. You wouldn’t have met Daihi, or Ken. You wouldn’t have been this strong and clever than that Nara genius. You would have been your alter-ego only this time, you are him and yourself, that is this strong and clever, wouldn’t exist,’ Kurama ranted.

Naruto calmed down a bit surprising Ibiki, ‘He’s calming down? How?’ he thought. Ibiki keeps staring at Naruto, ‘His eyes. They are clouded; like someone is talking to him,’ Ibiki thought and took out a kunai. “Easy, Naruto. We aren’t going to hurt you,” Ibiki tried. “What are you doing Ibiki?” the other two asks. “His eyes, they are clouded. That means he isn’t himself. Like someone is controlling him and talking to him. If he attacks us just avoid and defense never offense,” Ibiki ordered. They nodded and prepared themselves for a fight. Naruto didn’t move, “I suggest you three leave before I make this boy to kill you three. They won’t think twice about a dead-last, fresh-out-of-the-academy student,” Naruto, with Kurama’s voice, said. Ibiki hesitated a bit, “Alright, we will leave…after we talk to the boy,” Ibiki said.

“Sorry, no can do. He doesn’t even know why he has these episode. You three know who I am since everyone agreed not to tell this boy who I am and why I am sealed inside. In fact, maybe I should tell him—NO DON’T TELL HIM!—if I can’t tell him, you three will? Or you three leave the boy alone?”

Ibiki glared, “Fine, we will leave and leave the boy alone. If he has another episode and comes across a Leaf Shinobi that might not understand him, we will personally capture him and question him later,” Ibiki argued.

“I find you three quite amusing. You three think you can actually capture this boy. Haven’t you thought why he can easily escape the ANBU when they chase him around the village? Why he can pull all those tricks without getting caught? He gets caught because he wants to. And if they chase him down, he can easily use other tricks and vanish. Haven’t you thought how can he vanish from Jounin and ANBU when they chase him?”

Ibiki growled in frustration knowing what the fox demon said was true. Every time that Naruto has pulled a stupid prank half his ANBU are tired and deprived of chakra. Why? Because half the morning, or whenever Naruto has his pranks, they chase Naruto around the whole village trying to catch him and bring to Sandaime Hokage for a punishment. Neither Jounin nor ANBU has caught him. The only reason Naruto gets caught is because he lets his "guard down” or simply he gives up and turns himself in. Ibiki wanted to punch someone or something because he knows he will never get to see the kid again because of his missions and job. “Fine, get out of here,” he growls. Naruto nods his head and escapes easily. The other Shinobi noticed how pissed off Ibiki is and turned to look at one another, “Training,” they groaned.

“Damn right, call in whoever is around for training,” Ibiki said and walked away. The other two groaned but obeyed his orders. Naruto had gotten on top of the Monument with no more interruptions and he took his seat on top of the Yondaime Hokage. He was half way finish with his meditation when he felt a chakra spike behind him. “Naruto what are you doing here?” Sandaime’s voice broke through his meditation. “Meditating Ji-chan. It helps me to calm down. I sometimes have episodes where I want to kill someone just for the heck of it; so the only way to calm myself down is by mediating,” Naruto answers. Sandaime Hokage was shocked by this news but shook it off, “We need to tell this to your Sensei in case when you are away on missions,” he said. “I was thinking about it. Is it okay if I tell my team mates that? I want to tell them before they hear it from someone else,” Naruto says quietly. Sarutobi smiles at him, “Of course Naruto you can. Just do it before you leave on a mission where you have to leave the village,” he warns. “I will, believe it!” Naruto grins.

Sarutobi laughs at the small catchphrase Naruto had develop. ‘Just like your mother, Naruto,’ he thinks to himself. “Come on, you have more missions,” Sarutobi said to Naruto. Naruto sighed heavily and followed his Hokage back to his missionary office. “Naruto,” he heard his name being called behind him. Turning around he spotted his team, “Hey guys!” he smiled brightly. Sakura glared at him and bonked him on the head, “WHERE WERE YOU?!” she shouted. “Matte, matte, Sakura-chan! I was with Ji-chan!!” Naruto wailed. Kakashi sweat dropped while Sarutobi looked amused. “Since you are all here, even Kakashi, I will give you five easy D-Ranks,” Sarutobi said and handed Kakashi the scroll. Kakashi bowed and dragged his team out of the office.

“Alright first mission of the day,” Kakashi said.

|Mission No. 3|

Naruto glared at the trees in front of him, “I can’t believe I stoop this low,” he growled. “Sasuke at Point A,” he heard Sasuke’s voice. Naruto sighed and immediately arrived at his point. “Sakura at Point B,” Sakura said. Naruto sighed and waited a few minutes, “Naruto at Point C,” he finally said. “You’re slow Naruto,” Kakashi commented. Naruto rolled his eyes at his comment but didn’t say anything. “Execute, execute, execute,” Kakashi repeated. Naruto jumped in first catching the cat in his arms. “Got ya!” he shouted. The cat wailed in his arms all the way to the Hokage’s missionary office. “Good, you caught it. Leave it here, the owner will be here at the end of the day to pick it up,” Sarutobi said. Naruto immediately released the cat and was out of the office before Kakashi could talk. “Eh, lets go?” he said unsurely.

|Mission No. 4|

Naruto and the others were at a neighboring village; planting and weeding out the weeds. Naruto had his own rows of weeding out weeds while Sakura and Sasuke worked together. He preferred this better but he still put up an act. “Why Sasuke-teme gets Sakura-chan?” he whined. Not too far from him was his Jounin Sensei, “Because you will only drool,” Kakashi calmly replied. Naruto pouted as he continued.

|Mission No. 5|

Sasuke boredly stared in front of him while orange blurs pass him and Sakura. “Keep running Naruto!” Sakura shouted. “IT’S EASY SAID THEN DONE SAKURA-CHAN!! AT LEAST YOU DON’T HAVE FREAKING HUGE DOGS RUNNING AFTER YOU!!!” Naruto shouted. Kakashi sat in a tree amused by the scene in front of him. The mission was to walk the dogs around the village but Naruto took a challenge and decided to walk the biggest dogs in the dog pound. Kakashi secretly placed a piece of meat in Naruto’s tracksuit and eventually the huge dogs smelled the meat and started to chase Naruto. ‘Ah, this is good,’ Kakashi thought as he leaned against the trunk of the tree.

|Mission No. 6|

“What’s the mission?” Naruto asked for the hundredth time. “Babysit—,” Kakashi wasn’t able to finish his sentence when he was tackled down by the rowdy trio and attacked Naruto in a hug. “NARUTO-NII-SAN!!” they shouted. “OH NO!! NOT THIS AGAIN!!” Naruto shouted. Sakura chuckled while Sasuke smirked at the blonde. Naruto sighed heavily and placed Toshi and Daisuke down but let Yuki stay on his back. “No fair Nii-san!” they wailed. Naruto sighed and poked them on their forehead causing Sasuke to flinch slightly from the fresh memories. “Maybe next time, ne?” he asks. Sasuke glared at the scene with hatred in his eyes, ‘He’s acting the same way he acted,’ he thought.

Naruto smiled down at them, “What do you guys want to do?” he asks. Daisuke grinned, “Can you teach us that jutsu, Nii-san?” he asks. Naruto looked uneasy, “Well, I don’t know. I can’t really teach you those A-Rank jutsus, but I will teach you a D-Rank,” Naruto said. Daisuke pouted but nonetheless nodded his head. ‘Since when Naruto learned to do A-Rank jutsus?’ both Sasuke and Sakura thought. Kakashi kept an eye on Naruto, “I would kill you before you do and I would know if you even tried. No one will know who killed the Copy Cat Ninja, because no one would think twice about the Dead Last academy student that couldn’t even create a single clone,” Naruto’s words echoed in his mind. Kakashi shook his head to clear away the memories but his gazed caught Naruto again teaching the three children a familiar jutsu. “Magen: Narakumi no Jutsu, it’s a genjutsu used on enemies showing them their fears that dwells inside people’s heart,” Naruto explained. Kakashi was surprised that these barely academy students are learning this D-Rank Genjutsu. Especially from Naruto. Sakura eyed the jutsu, ‘I think that was the same one that Kakashi-sensei used on me,’ she thought.

Daisuke, Toshi and Yuki spent most of the time in the back yard practicing the D-Rank jutsu till their father got home and called it for the day. “Arigato mina, and to you too Naruto. For teaching them some defending skills,” Hiroshi smiled. Naruto nods his head and left with his team to finish their last mission of the day.

|Mission No. 7|

“I don’t see why this is a mission and why am I the one carrying more boxes!” Naruto complained. He as currently holding onto boxes that were stacked almost to the ceiling while, on the other hand, Sakura and Sasuke were only carrying three boxes the most. “You are a strong boy, boy carries more,” an elderly women says whacking him on the head with her cane. “OW! WATCH IT LADY!!” Naruto shouted. Kurama was amused by this, ‘Watch out Naruto. You don’t want to get hit again,’ he teased. ‘Haha, very funny fuzz ball,’ Naruto mentally replied.

By the end of the day Naruto had bumps on his head while mentally cursing the old lady. “You shouldn’t have dropped her cats Naruto,” Sakura said. “Yeah, who cares?” Naruto grumbled going back to his original state that morning. Naruto sighed, “I have to go,” he said and left his team looking after him and in wonder. ‘What’s with him? That’s the second time in two days,’ Sakura thought. ‘Naruto…what are you planning?’ Kakashi thought and dismissed his team. Sasuke didn’t argue and left having Sakura to follow him much to his annoyance.

Naruto sighed heavily has he walked into his apartment, ‘Sometimes I wonder if I should tell them about me,’ he thought before going to bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Doton: Dorei no Jutsu - Earth Release: Enslave

Suiton: Suijinheki no Jutsu - Water Release: Water Wall

Ninpo: Dorei Bainzu no Jutsu - Ninja Art: Enslave Vines

Magen: Narakumi no Jutsu - Demonic Illusion: Hell Vewing