Timing Is Everything

Fan Girl

I stood up and cheered as the Penguins scored. Jack and I hugged and did our secret handshake as Camille smiled and cheered along, not nearly as enthusiastic as the two of us. I glanced over at the Dallas bench and saw Tyler looking quite frustrated.

After the game ended, I waited with Jack and Camille for Tyler to leave the locker room. When he came out of the locker room and reached us in the hallway, I walked over and hugged him. I knew he was beating himself up because of the big loss.

“What about my hug Hawaii?” The tall bearded brunette appeared behind Tyler with his arms wide open.

I laughed. “Wait your turn, Jordie. You get a hug after your captain.” I let go of Tyler and raced to Jamie, hugging him as he exited the locker room. He had to take a step back, not expecting me to run at him.

“Aud? How are you? It’s been too long! We need you back in Dallas to help us make fun of Ty and take down his ego when he gets too full of himself.” Jamie laughed, hugging me and swinging me around.

“Dallas? You guys should’ve brought me to the Olympics! I’m sure his head was the size of Texas while you were there! I would’ve definitely brought him down a few notches.”

Tyler scowled and walked over to stand next to Antoine Roussel. I let go of Jamie and hugged Jordie, “How’s my unofficial favorite Benn brother?”

“Wow, I see how it is.” Jamie commented. I laughed and stuck my tongue out at him. He rolled his eyes and Tyler shook his head as he greeted my brother.

As we all chatted in the hallway, I noticed some figures walking closer. Within minutes, members of the Penguins were heading our way. A huge smile broke out onto my face and I ran to Jack, grabbed his hand and walked closer to the approaching Penguins players. Fan girl mode in full affect. I heard Jamie ask Tyler what I was doing to which he responded, ‘Oh, just waiting for the hockey love of her life.’ I could feel his eye roll but my eyes didn’t leave the approaching players. Camille laughed and shook her head at my and Jack’s childlike actions.

Once they were close enough, I congratulated the Penguins on their win as Jack started a conversation with Chris Kunitz and Pascal Dupuis. I noticed Beau Bennett talking to Tyler but my attention was drawn to the Penguins captain that was a few feet away. I swallowed hard before I spoke.

“Congrats on the win! You were awesome tonight!” The smile on my face grew bigger as he smiled back at me. Sidney Crosby, enough said. As we talked, I was on cloud nine talking to this beyond beautiful and amazing human being and no one could ruin it.

“Sid! How are you man?” Dammit Tyler! Sidney and I were having a moment. The look I gave Tyler made him flinch ever so slightly which caused Jamie and Beau to stifle a laugh.

“Tyler, hey, I’m doing well. How’s everything with you?” Sidney and Tyler continued to talk as I idly stood by. I took a deep breath, maintaining the smile on my face. I was talking with Camille when I heard Tyler call my name and I looked over to him.

“Here she is! Sid, you met Audrey earlier,” He placed an arm around my shoulders, “But did you know that she’s a super fan of yours?” He smirked. “Like borderline obsessed kind of fan.”

Oh you little shit.

Sidney quietly laughed and shook his head but Tyler continued. “She’s been a huge fan of yours since she was like 15. Ain’t that right Aud?” He turned his head to face me. “Why don’t you tell us about how much you love Canada’s Golden Boy?”

Oh he’s gonna get it later. “I’ve been a fan since I was 12, get it right Ty. He glides on the ice so gracefully and have you seen some of his incredible goals? Who wouldn’t be a fan of such an amazing player? With all of his awards, honors, and records, and to top it all off, he’s incredibly humble.” I locked eyes with Tyler. “Maybe you should take a page out of his book, you might learn a thing or two.”

Jamie had to cover his mouth and walk away from the group to contain his laughter. Everyone around Tyler and I could be seen doing their best to hide their laughter, well except for Beau. Beau was laughing so hard, he needed to lean against a wall to keep himself up. Tyler pursed his lips and let out a deep sigh through his nose.

------------------

After convincing Jack to not worry about Aud too much, we were on our way to a bar in the city. Once inside, we were greeted with an enclosed private area and two trays of their ‘house special’ shots. Everyone took part in a celebratory shot then Audrey agreed to take another shot with Jordie.

“Come on Hawaii, let’s do a shot of Jameson for St. Paddy’s day!” Jordie grabbed her hand and practically dragged her to the nearest bar.

“Hey Ty,” James Neal clasped me on the back. “It’s good to finally meet your girlfriend. Rumors have gone around and now we finally get to meet her.”

Before I could say anything to him, Jamie beat me to it. “She’s not his girlfriend.” James gave me a look of disbelief. “She’s too smart for that.” Jamie continued with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes. “We’re just really good friends, that’s all.”

“That’s all? You’re only friends? Have you seen her? Not to mention her love of hockey and her smartass mouth to put you in your place. She’s like perfect.” James went on. “If she wasn’t so many years younger, I’d go for her.”

“Yeah? Have fun running that by her brother.” I stated while Jamie laughed and nodded.

“Her brother?” James paused. “Wait, you mean the huge ass guy that was with her and that other brunette? That’s her brother?” I nodded and heard him mumble fuck under his breath then laugh. “Oh, you are so screwed.”

I finished the rest of my drink. “He’s not that bad, intimidating as fuck but he’s cool. Her other brothers look just like him. Her parents look like complete opposites though. Her dad is pretty much The Rock and her mom is this tiny little older version of her. Her family is really nice. ”

“You met her family? All of her brothers? Her mom and dad?” Beau asked in disbelief. I nodded my head and started on another drink. “Shit, man. I’d hate to be you.”

“You lay down all the groundwork and have nothing to show for it.” Cody Eakin laughs, clasping my shoulder. I shook my head and looked over at Aud and Jordie at the bar.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two jobs and an online class take a lot out of you. This chapter is 'eh' to me and it kinda bothers me.