Status: Work in progress. Currently on hiatus.

Want You Bad.

Chapter Seven.

I woke up earlier than normal one morning and couldn’t fall back asleep. Giving up, I rolled out of bed and walked down to the living room. I could hear faint music and saw a bright light coming from the living room. I came into the room and saw Jaime lit up by her laptop screen, a mug sitting next to it while she mumbled to herself. This was the first time she had spent a full night here in almost two weeks. I flicked on the light and watched her jump. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to startle you.

She shook her head and squinted at me through the light. “It’s okay. I hope I didn’t wake you.” She looked back at her screen for a second, nodding to herself and mouthing words. “I already made some coffee, I hope you don’t mind.

You didn’t wake me up, and that’s fine. I told you to make yourself at home.” I shook my head and grabbed a mug out of the cabinet to make myself a cup. “What are you doing up so early?” I stifled a yawn and sat in the chair beside her, stirring my coffee.

She shrugged her shoulders. “I couldn’t get to sleep last night.” She chewed on her thumb nail and watched her screen closely. She sighed and shook her head. “What about you? I know you’re an early riser but this still seems early for you.” Her gaze turned to me.

It was my turn to shrug. “I couldn’t sleep either.” I looked at the game she was playing. I recognized it as one Wade played often and had conned me into playing with him a couple times. I had never gotten into it the way he had. “Are you winning?

She smirked and shook her head, but I could tell it wasn’t an answer. “I’m one of two townies left and there’s still a serial killer and two mafia members. I just revealed as mayor so I’m screwed.” She sighed and sat back, taking a drink from her mug. She looked at me for a moment then into her coffee. “You were in my room yesterday.

My heart stopped for a brief second before pounding. How did she know? Did she know I read her journal too? I quickly drank from my mug. “What?” I choked out, hoping to be convincing.

She raised a brow and looked at me; she didn't believe me. “You left my door open.

I stared at her. She didn’t seem angry or annoyed, she just seemed curious. I didn’t want to reveal that I had completely disregarded her privacy so I nodded. “I needed to run the dishwasher and I wanted to see if there were dishes in your room.” I watched the coffee in my mug swirl. “Sorry for leaving your door open.

She nodded, and turned back to her game. It went through another night cycle into day and she seemed amused and confused. “They killed the medium and left me alive again. And it’s only the Godfather left. Wow, GG mafia.” She rolled her eyes and went through to win the game. Reaching the end game lobby, she sat back and looked at me. “What are you doing today?

I shrugged. I had a couple videos to record but, other than that, I had no plans. I would probably look for new games or play with Chica or go to the gym. I realized that my days involved very little adventure. “Nothing,” I said dully. I thought on my jaded days before slowly looking at her seemingly amused face. “Why?

She shook her head again, chuckling softly. “Because I want to have a buddy on my quest today and I think you would make a perfect companion.” She ran a hand through her hair. “I want to go look for a bike today. I got my motorcycle license for a reason, might as well put it to use. Would you like to go with me?

I smiled and nodded. A full day that I would actually get to spend with just her? It sounded perfect. I had dreamt of a day we might get one-on-one time with each other. “That would be fun.” I would be able to get to know her on a whole new level. It also gave me the opportunity to get a peek into the world that she seemed to love so much. I couldn’t lie that I had been looking up clips from that motorcycle club show everyone talked about to try to get more insight of what she had been a part of.

She smiled, a real smile that touched her eyes and lifted my own mood. “Fantastic. I want to try to leave around eleven so be ready then.” She clicked on the corner of her screen and the clock popped up. “I’m gonna try to get at least a few hours of sleep. I’ll see you at eleven?

I nodded with a smile, excited to see what spending a whole day with Jaime would be like; the things I would learn about the vivid vixen. I watched her walk away to her room and shut the door, leaving me in silence in the living room. I knew I wouldn’t be able to sleep now. Were we just hanging out? Was I only playing co-pilot to keep her company for a few hours? Or maybe was this something more? The words written in her journal came back to my mind and I tried to keep the smile from coming to my face. I wondered if I could sweep her off her feet in just one day like it felt like she had done to me. Maybe I was the knight in shining armor that she needed, the good guy that could take care of her. I felt like I had already been doing a pretty good job of doing just that.

I hoped she wouldn’t be as guarded as she had been since having her move in. I wondered if she would ever be as vulnerable as she had been that day we actually talked for the first real time. I hoped I would be able to see a happy side of her again, passionate about what she was spending her day involving, part of it being me. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, looking down at my lap. I wanted her to see that she could lean on me; I wanted to fix her heartache and show her a true example of a man.
♠ ♠ ♠
I Put A Spell On You - Annie Lennox
A HUGE thank you to samrway for writing a review that made it on the front page yesterday!
Thank you for your continued love, Leaving Memories! <3