This Wasn't Supposed to Happen

An enemy

I flinched as a cold breeze swept along my back. Currently we were walking down the dungeons to go to our common room. I heard a boy start speaking, close behind me. I turn to see the blonde boy from earlier.
“She’s got some bloody nerve talking to me like that, filthy little mudblood, I’ll get her back boys just you wait and see ill make her regret the day she was born” He said to two ugly looking things that must be some form of friends of his.
Out of nowhere Charlotte speaks up. “I hope you’re not talking about me blondie!” she said in a bored manor.
“So what if I was. And its Draco Malfoy to you not ‘Blondie’ you filthy little mudblood.” Wow is this lad looking to be punched because the way he’s talking to my friend, it’s what he’s going to get!
“Guess you’re not talking about me since I’m a pureblood” Charlotte replied with a smug look on her face. l have the same look on my face too; that’s my girl.
“Really? You don’t act like you come from a family of wizards.”
“That’s because not all of us wizards and witches are convinced that only good wizards come from a long line of magical blood so if you want to fit in with the people here I suggest that you get of your high horse and move on with our life ok, you’re no better that anyone else in this building because let’s face it if you were you wouldn’t be stuck here with us in this school.” Charlotte had a damn good point!
I don’t really know much about the Malfoy family except that their snobs and all of them seemed to have blonde hair too. Malfoy gave Charlotte a disgusted look but didn’t say anything back. We took that as a cue to turn on our heals and walk off in the same direction the rest of the house had walked in. We were a bit behind Charlotte as she had stormed off in pride.
As we approached the Slytherin common room entrance, there was a curved bookcase with a statue of the Salazar Slytherin himself.
“Pureblood” Claire whispered into the statues ear and took a step back. The statue moved to the side and revealed a door from behind where it was moments ago.
“The passwords change every 2 weeks but the first one every year is always pureblood, it’s a horrible and offensive but that’s just how it is around here. The passwords are here on the wall by the door on a piece of parchment so when you leave you check and double check that you know what password it is because of the amount of stupid people in this house. The boy’s dorms are on the right hand side of the stair case and the girls on the left but there is only a tiny wall separating them that was knocked down by some kids a few years ago but the teachers don’t know. When you go upstairs your names will be on a piece of parchment on the door along with your roommates” Claire acted as our own personal prefect since Malfoy made us miss the actual prefects explaining things to us. As we walked up the stairs we walked down the first corridor, as we got to the end I noticed my name on a piece of parchment and Charlotte’s name followed along with three other girl’s one called Tayla Brown, one called Millicent Bulstrode and the other called Pansy Parkinson. We said goodbye to Claire and let her go and find her room from last year that she shared with Ashley and two other girls but I can’t remember what their names were.
We settled into our room and unpacked waiting for our roommates to arrive and within two minutes or so three girls walked into the dorm, one with a brown bob, one who looked like one of Malfoys goons, the shorter one, in a wig and a pig like nose and the other with blonde curly hair that flows down to her back. The first girl and the very manly looking one both looked like a snobs and bitches whereas the other one looked like she had been placed in the wrong house she was so pretty but also quite intimidating.
“He’s so cute don’t you think Tayla, he’s got such cute hair and nose and chin and oh… his lips oh god his lips.” The brown haired one was fantasising; she collapsed on the bed and sighed staring at the ceiling.
“Pansy, he’s a rich snob with his head in the clouds, he thinks he’s better than everyone else you can see that just by looking at his walk. And presides, he doesn’t like you he barely knows you exist let alone like you. Oh and it’s the first day! Have you even spoken to him yet?” Tayla replied in an I-know-best-don’t-test-me sort of tone. To Pansy I’m guessing the other one must be Millicent. Millicent looked kind of out of place and she just went and sat on her bed closed her curtains and ignored the rest of us and probably will for the rest of the night and to be honest I don’t blame her Pansy’s unnaturally high voice was really starting to annoy me.
“I’m just going to take a wild guess from your description, Tayla is it? And say you’re talking about Malfoy. Oh I’m Charlotte by the way and this is Mel.” Charlotte added into their conversation before Pansy could add anything else about this oh so perfect boy.
“How could you have ever guessed?” Taylor replied in a sarcastic tone and rolled her eyes at pansy that hasn’t even looked over at us, she was staring at the ceiling with a small smile placed on her lips and dreamy look in her eyes.
“Well I am going to get a shower and go to bed. Night guys.” I said finally joining the conversation I had been avoiding.
“Night night, don’t let Malfoy bite.” Charlotte said and winked at me before grabbing her pj’s and wand out of her trunk. As she put a frame around her bed to get dressed I lay in bed and thought of the day that had happened and thought of how much I was enjoying myself before I fell into a dreamless sleep.