Status: Finished, check out the seuquel though

Immortality Unwished For

Rewind

She played the piano with fury and sorrow. Each key was loud and filled with rage. Her tears hit her hand and she didn't care. She cried silently. The house she was in was empty and yet filled of memories she wanted to forget but they were right in front of her.

The sound of the piano filled the empty Cullen mansion. The piano was the only thing left in the living room. All of their things gone and left a sharp and deep cut in her heart.

She didn't even know what she was playing but she didn't want to stop. She wanted to stay here forever.

I guess I should rewind a little....

REWIND:

"Have you seen Bella?" Charlie asked her, his voice broken.

Ella's forehead creases.

"No, not since I left school. Why?"

Charlie cursed under his breath.

"Uncle Chuck, what's going on?"

"She left a note saying she was going with Edward to the woods for a walk and it's past eight... I called some of Billy's friend to help for the search."

"Sam, Paul and Jared?" She asked and he nodded. "I'll help them."

When Charlie was gone, Ella closed her eyes and tried to make contact with Edward but she couldn't find him anywhere.

She grabbed her jacket and walked down the stairs.

"Ella." Charlie called from the living room. Three very tall boys stood there, she smiled at them.

"Hey guys." She greeted with a low voice. "I'm going to look for Bella somewhere Edward took her once." She thought of the meadow Bella was always thinking about. But she was really going to the Cullen's house. "Then, I'll check their house."

"They moved." Charlie interrupted as Ella was walking out, she froze and walked back into the living room her eyes wide and glistened.

"What?" She almost choked on her word.

"Carlisle asked for a transfer and they moved to Los Angeles." Charlie had an apologetic look. Ella shook her head in denial.

"No... They couldn't have." She said to herself unaware of the listeners. "They said they would be there for me... family... thick and thin." She jogged out of the house and turned on her car and was driving down to the Cullen's house to make sure it wasn't true.

"Los Angeles is too sunny for them." She gritted as she went one hundred in a fifty miles per hour zone.

She made a sharp turn and drove down the tree path that leads to the Cullen's house. The tires screeched as she hit the breaks. There were no lights on. She used her speed and was inside the house in a mili-second. Tears hitting the marble floor.

"Edward, Alice, Emmett, Jasper, Rosalie, Esme, Carlisle?!" She yelled her voice echoing through the empty house. She looked around and then searched the house in ten seconds.

Everything empty... even the garage which was always had been filled with cars. When she reached the living room the only thing there was her piano. The one she had given to Edward, well the one Edward had bought for fifteen thousand dollars. Her Mozart replica piano.

[Why? I thought they would be there for me? If I was family... why did they abandon me?] She tried to swallow the lump in her throat. She sat on the small bench and she began to play furiously.

Sam just found Bella and was taking her back to her house. He got a bit worried when he didn't see Ella's Impala outside the Swan's house.

Sam put the catatonic Bella on the couch. He pitted her.

[Falling for a vampire was the worst mistake she ever did.] He thought.

"And Ella?" Charlie asked.

"She's not back yet?" Paul asked she didn't want Ella to have been kidnapped by vampires! His hands shook in anger.

[Calm down, Paul. She's probably at their house looking, remember?] Sam said to Paul.

"Uh, Charlie where do the Cullen’s lived?" Sam asked.

"About five or three miles down." Charlie said.

"We'll go look for her." Sam said and the pack followed him as he walked out. They went into the woods and stripped off their clothes and phases because in human form it would take too long to get there.

Just as they were two miles away from the house they heard the key of the piano being played.

Paul sniffed. [It's Ella, she's all right... still human.] He thought.

We came to a halt just across the big empty grass area of the Victorian style house.

[The smell is faint now.] Jared said referring to the bitter sweet vampire smell.

They changed back and pulled on their sweat pants. They ran to the front and saw Ella's car and the door of the house wide open.

Through the big window they saw Ella's faded hair; she was playing the piano like a zombie. Her back turned to them.

They walked inside the house and wrinkled their noses. It still smelled like vampires. They walked to the living room and saw how fast she was playing. It didn't look like she was touching the keys.

Her tears twinkled in the darkness with the reflection of the moon on half her face, her pale skin glowed and her green eyes sad and almost black looking.

"Ella?" Sam said carefully, she stopped playing.

Paul felt like he was in a horror movie and Ella was going to turn her head all the way around and throw green stuff from her mouth.

"Where I've become so numb... without a soul... my spirit sleeping somewhere cold... until you find it there and lead it back home..." She vocalized so beautifully. "Save me from the nothing I've become."

"Ella." Sam said once more.

"They said they would be there for me, if I needed them. Like family. Family does not leave one of them behind. They said if I couldn't control myself they'll be there. Lies... how could they just... leave? Without a warning..." She trailed off again. "I loved him and he doesn't have the guts to say good bye to my face!" She snarled and she let out a growl.

The growl made Jared's and Paul's back hair stand up.

"Ella your Uncle is worried about you... Bella... is a mess. They need you to keep everything together." Sam cooed. She stood from the piano and closed the little thing over the keys. She wiped the tears from her eyes.

"You're right. They need me. I can't sulk over him while she's dying because of him." Ella was talking about Bella. "I need to be there for her."

Sam was surprised by her sudden recovery. Not too long ago it looked like she was almost catatonic like her cousin.

Ella picked up his thought and didn't react to it.

"Thank you, Sam, Jared, Paul."

Bella wrapped her cold arms around her trying to keep herself together as many people surrounded her around the living room couch. She heard the front door open and close and a silence took the room.

She heard steps every lightly. Next thing she knows, Ella is right next to her.

She knew this hurt Ella a tiny bit more than her because Ella had been a Cullen and getting left behind it's a different type of wound in her heart.

Bella's arm flung around Ella and Bella cried silently in her cousin's shoulder. Ella returned the hug. She needed to be strong for the both of them because Bella was a mess.

Ella knew Bella had entered a catatonic state. She picked up Edward's words and it stung her that he had the courage to look at Bella and say good bye but he didn't even warn her.

"Ella, Bella." Charlie called. Ella and Bella pulled apart and Bella drifted to sleep. "Ella, are you all right?"

"Peachy keen, Uncle Chuck, peachy fucking keen." She muttered as she stood on her feet.

"Where were you?"

She didn't answer right away. She threw her head back trying to keep from the tears from falling down.

"I had to see for myself if they were really gone... if they really left me behind." She whispered so low the last part she was sure Charlie didn't even hear her.

When everyone left, Ella looked at the wall across the armchair of the living room with a blank expression. She heard when Mrs. Stanley called complaining about a bonfire.

[Werewolves celebrating they're gone.] She thought to herself.

Bella woke up an hour and a half later.

Bella looked at her cousin. She had clearly been crying because of her puffy eyes.

"Hey, Bells." She whispered.

"Can you help get to my room?" Bella asked.

"Sure thing." Ella said standing from the armchair. She offered her hand to Bella and she took it.

Ella held most of her weight as she helped Bella go up the stairs. They didn't speak about what has happened. They both knew they couldn't bring it up just yet... the wound was fresh and bleeding with each waking moment.

Ella helped Bella get under the covers of her bed. When she was walking out Bella called for her.

"Yeah?"

"Do you mind sleeping with me? I don't want to be alone." Bella was embarrassed she felt like an eight year old asking to leave the lights on.

Ella smiled sweetly.

"Of course." Ella said walking to the other side of the bed and slipped under the covers. Bella felt safer with her cousin by her side.

In the middle of the night Bella woke up screaming Edward's name and Ella shushed her.

"What's going?" Charlie busted into the room with a metal bat.

"It's okay. Night terrors. I've got it under control." Ella assured her uncle.

"Okay." He whispered.

Bella whimpered her face on Ella's chest and Ella felt her warm tears drench on her shirt.

"Shh," She cooed as she stroked her hair.

READ AUTHOR'S NOTE!!