Status: Rewriting

Notch in Your Bedpost

I'm the Opposite of Amnesia

Matilda's POV

I throw my head back and close my eyes. A few deep breaths later and I feel a warm body next to me. "I saw you run out...are you okay?" A sympathetic Jack asked sitting next to me in the concrete floor.
"No" I respond silently. "I don't know if I can be around him again." I mumble.

Jack shifts closer to me, "What's the deal between you and Patrick anyways? I noticed how pale you got when he came towards you." I inhale deeply and sigh.
"We dated awhile back. We separated when his band got big.." I respond and lay my head on Jack's shoulder. He wraps his hands around me and doesn't say a word. The silence was comforting. My attraction for Jack was strong but seeing Patrick made me feel 17 again. In love and confused with him.
Patrick was amazing in every way possible: sweet, sassy and independent. Gosh darn it, Patrick is what every woman wants. I'm not stupid, I know he's married and has a child. I mean, Elisa isn't my favorite person in the world but I'm still not getting in between that. She got with Patrick as soon as we broke up when she realized Fall Out Boy was getting huge. Pfft, that gold digger.
I sigh and get up and offer a hand to Jack. He takes it and doesn't let go. Blushing I turn away and start heading towards the venue.

No words are exchanged as we walk. Just blissful peace and quiet. We open the doors to the venue and step in, hand in hand. Instantly we receive a few confused glances but other than that no one noticed or seemed to care.

Jack guides me to the back rooms behind the stage and we find ourselves in the same room as All Time Low and Fall Out Boy. When the door slams shut behind us everyone turns and face toward our direction. Patrick glances at me and Jack's interlocked hands and gives a weary smile and turns to Pete who gives me a confused look.
"Matty, I haven't seen you in years" Pete says while walking towards me. Alex quickly stands next to me. "You all know each other?" he asks in an amused voice. "You can say that" Patrick says while turning away and walking toward the couch and taking a seat next to Rian, Joe and Andy.
"And by that Patrick means that Sugar, We're Going Down, and Thnks fr th Mmrs is about Matty" Pete says while chuckling and drinking out of his water bottle.
"You're kidding!? Matty!! Why didn't you mention this?" Rian asks in amusement.
Everyone was staring at me and I started getting really uncomfortable. "Stop it, leave her alone" Jack says in the most serious tone. He turns to me and gives an apologetic smile and squeezes my hand.

"It's in the past, right Patrick?" I ask turning my gaze towards him. He nods and turns away to talk to Joe.

"Anyways.." Pete says while trying to ease the tension in the room "I've missed you!" he says while tackling me in a hug.
I hug back and smile into his shoulder. Me and the boys were always close, too bad that me and Patrick's break up made a dent in our relationship. "It's been years" I say while backing away from the hug. He smiles and pats my head.

Tonight's show is gonna be an interesting one.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit: Centuries - Fall Out Boy

Also, this is fiction. Patrick is around 26 in this and I have nothing against Elisa. It just works for my story. Also, I'm a novice writer therefore I will have grammar errors so I apologize in advance!

I'll most likely put up the next chapter tonight or tomorrow.
Honestly, I was so excited to write this but I just lack motivation. I promise it'll get better. xo