Till Death Do Us Part

Figuring Things Out

The next morning Clara woke up to the sound of a familiar voice talking just in the distance. It was George. He has gotten Fred's message and came to talk.

"Nobody knows who it was, but everyone thinks it was You-Know-Who's group." George said unaware that Clara had woke up.

"Do they know who that was screaming?" Fred asked.

"No idea. But the rest of the group thinks it could have been a professor at Hogwarts. But nothing is for sure." George replied. "How's Clara?"

"She's doing alright. Whatever that was last night sure did scare her. It took me a while to calm her down." Said Fred.

"George!" Clara shouted. She didn't want them to know she had been listening. She ran up and gave him a hug. "Are you alright? Did anything happen after we left? Is everyone alright?"

"Yes, everyone is fine. A few scrapes here and there but nothing serious." Answered George. "Just glad you two were able to get out of there in time." He said looking back at Fred. Fred just shook his head in agreement. "Look.." Said George. "You both need to figure out where you are going to go and what you are going to do. Word has it that You-Know-Who is trying to get information from people about the whereabouts of Harry and also trying to recruit more members. Best if you both get off the grid you know?"

"Right. What are you planning on doing?" Clara asked.

"The folks and I are going somewhere safe for now. Can't tell you where just in case." George said looking over his shoulders.

"Ok, well.." Clara thought for a moment. "We could stay at my aunts fall home. I went there a couple of times before.....well you guys know."

"Brilliant! Go there and stay as long as you can. I'll keep you updated as best as I can. And try not to use magic, that is like a homing signal to them." George said.

"Thanks George." Fred said patting him on the shoulder. "We'll stop by and grab some things from home and head out. But we can't be long, so just grab what we need ok?"

"Right. sounds like a plan. Thank you George." Clara said. George nodded and with a flash was gone. Fred and Clara headed toward their home to pack. When they got there they found it had been ransacked. "You've got to be kidding me." Clara said with tears forming in her eyes.

"They must have started here before they crashed the wedding." Fred said. Clara walked slowly through the living room. She looked up at Fred tears streaming down her face. He walked up and put his hands on her shoulders. "It's going to be ok Clara." He said.

"How can you be sure?" Clara asked.

"Because good always wins." He said smiling. "And I'd rather die than help them in anyway."

"Don't say that Fred." Clara said.

"Why? It's true." He said.

"Because I can't lose you. Not to them." She said. "I just can't."

"You wont." He said holding her face in his hands.

"You promise?"

"I promise." He said. He kissed her lightly and gave her a quick hug. "Now let get what we can and go." Clara nodded her head and went up the stairs to the bedroom. She grabbed some clothes and toiletries and placed them in a bag. Fred did the same. Once they were done they set out on foot as far as they could go. When they got to a safe location far from where they had been they disapparated to the location of the fall home. She only used it obviously in the fall and was told she was always welcome there anytime of the year. It was a secluded little house deep in the woods. It had a nice porch with some rocking chairs setting neatly on its deck. It had a few windows with red curtains shielding the contents inside. And a lovely carved wooden front door.

"Well, here it is." Clara said. "I haven't been here in ages." She said smiling.

"It's very beautiful." Fred said.

"Well this is only one of the perks of having a wealthy aunt. This and all the money in holiday cards." Clara said smiling. Fred chuckled and helped Clara get the bags inside. They unpacked all that they had and tried to relax. Fred had put up some protection spells to help conceal the house.

"You know something?" Fred said.

"What's that?" Clara said handing a cup of tea to him and sat next to him on the couch.

"We haven't even been married 24 hours yet and we are already having problems." Fred said in a joking manner.

"I know, whats up with that? Did I make a mistake of marrying a Weasley?" She said smiling.

"Oh sweetheart you made the mistake of talking to me first year. But then again I did warn you that I was trouble." He said.

"Right you did." Clara said laughing a little. She sighed and leaned her head on his shoulder. "I love you so much." She said.

"I love you too." He said.

"Things are going to be alright." She said trying to reassure herself.

"Yes." Fred said. "In the meantime I guess we just try and go on with our lives as best we can. And try to stay married for more than a day."

"Shut up Fred." Clara laughed as she punched him in the leg. Fred laughed and put his arm around her. They both sat there and drank their tea, talking, and just finally spending time with each other. It was a relief to just feel like they were safe. Clara was hoping that they could go on after this, even if it meant hiding out forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just want to thank all the subscribers so far and the recommendation that I have received. I hope that you are enjoying the story so far and will ready until the end. :)