Till Death Do Us Part

Things Couldn't Get Much Worse

Six months passed by so slow that it only felt like one month. But things were looking up for Fred and Clara. They had made the fall home their own. Whenever they needed something they were always careful when they went out to get it. Clara really didn't mind living in secret. She felt like some sort of secret agent or something. There were moments that she forgot of what was happening, and then there were times when they got word from George she wished she never heard.

It was one day that she was sitting in the bedroom waiting for Fred to come home. He had gone out to pick up some food. They were a little low and knew they needed more before the week was out. She was sitting on the bed reading The Tales of Beedle the Bard when she heard the front door open.

"Fred?" She shouted. "Is that you?" There was no answer. She got up off the bed and made her way slowly into the other room, wand in hand. She rounded the corner and saw no one in the kitchen. She gripped her wand tightly as she rounded the corner into the living room.

"EXPULSO!" A woman's voice shouted. A vase on a shelf exploded and pieces hit Clara in the face cutting her. She dove behind the chair near one of the windows.

"STUPEFY!" Clara shouted pointing her wand over in the direction of the woman. But the spell missed.

"Oh come now deary, you can do better than that now can't you?" The woman said in a shrill voice. Clara recognized that voice. It was Bellatrix Lestrange.

"Bellatrix, so nice to see you dear. Sort of came unannounced tho don't you think?" Clara said still behind the chair.

"Well I thought you might want a little company seeing as we have your lover boy." She said.

"What have you done with Fred?" She asked.

"Why don't you come out from behind that chair and we can talk." Bellatrix said. Clara sat there for a minute and took a deep breath. She slowly got up and stood up, her wand pointed at Bellatrix. "Why hello dear." She said with a evil smile.

"No games Bellatrix, where is Fred?" Clara demanded.

"I can show you if you'd like?" Answered Bellatrix.

"Don't test me you rat! Where is he?" Clara said angered.

"Freddie is fine, well if you call bloodied up fine." Lestrange said. They stood there staring at each other wondering who would make the first move. Clara raised her wand...

"Expelliarmus!" Bellatrix had knocked Clara's wand out of her hand and was now holding it. "Oh, sorry deary looks like you lost. Lucius! Please come get this ray of sunshine and take her to her hubby."

"Yes, Ma'am." He said and grabbed Clara by the arm. He led her to an open area of the wood and disapparated. She was now in a cold dimly lit room. She saw Fred sitting in a corner with blood on his face and in his hair.

"Fred!" Clara yelled and ran to him. She picked up his face and looked at him. He had deep cuts on his cheeks and forehead. His eyes were closed. He must have been knocked out because he was not responding to her.

"What did you do to him?" Clara yelled and rushed toward Lucius.

"Ah ah ah. Stay back." He said pointing his wand at her. "You will find out soon enough." He backed out of the room and shut the door. Locking it from the outside. She rushed back to Fred who was waking up.

"Fred, I'm here. Are you ok?" She asked him.

"Clara. yes I'm fine." He said sitting up a little.

"No you're not. Look at you, what did they do to you?" She said tearing a piece of her shirt to try and clean up the cuts.

"It's not as bad as it looks. I'll be alright. Bet you I still look better than George." He said smiling. Clara smiled back and shook her head. "Ouch!" Fred pulled back from Clara's hand.

"Sorry, try and stay still. This is going to sting." She said cleaning the wounds as best she can. "How did they find you?" She asked.

"They had spies in the shop I was at." They followed me back." He said. "I didn't know until they attacked me. They are trying to get information about Harry and the others. You can't tell them anything, if you know anything you can't say a word." He said standing up.

"I won't." She said.

"We have to think of a way to get out of here." Fred said looking around the room for any sign of something that could help them.

"How we don't even know where we are." Clara said following him around the room.

"I don't know but we have to come up with something." He said thinking for a moment. Then he reached in his pocket and took out the list he had when he left for food. He picked up an old piece of charred wood from the fireplace that was at the other end of the room. He wrote something on the back of it and folded it up. He then went to the window and whistled. And owl landed on the ledge and he attached the note to its leg. The owl took off with note in hand. "Now we wait." He said.

"For what?" Asked Clara. But before Fred could answer Bellatrix busted in and grabber Clara by the hair and dragged her out of the room.

"Clara! Please don't hurt her!" Fred shouted. But all he could hear was Cara screaming. He could hear footsteps and dragging sounds from up above him. He was afraid of what they were going to do to Clara. But he was helpless.

Bellatrix threw Clara on the floor. Clara landed with a loud thud. She tried to get up but Bellatrix kicked her in the side.

"You are going to tell me where Potter and his little friends are hiding." She said getting really close to Clara's face. Clara didn't say anything. "Tell me where they are!" She shouted.

"I don't know anything." Clara said.

"You lie!" Bellatrix yelled and smacked Clara.

"Even if I did know something I wouldn't tell you anything, you disgusting excuse for a witch." Clara stated. Bellatrix was so enraged that Clara thought her head was going to spin around.

"You are going to wish you never had said that." Bellatrix said in a low voice. She pulled out her dagger and slashed Clara's leg. Clara cried out in pain. Fred could hear her from below. Bellatrix cut her again, this time on her side. It was a deep gash and soon Clara was laying in a pool of her own blood. Bellatrix had cut and sliced her face, arms, and chest in minutes. Each time Clara let out a painful cry.

"Now, I'll ask you again you little brat, where is Potter?" Lestrange said.

"I don't know." Clara said weakly.

"Fine, lets play it your way." Bellatrix said and pulled out her wand. "Crucio!" Clara's body felt like it was on fire. She screamed out louder than ever in pain. Fred could not bare to hear her suffer anymore.

"Bellatrix! Stop! Please she knows nothing! Ask me again, and I'll tell you!" Fred shouted. Bellatrix stopped and lowered her wand. She motioned for Lucius to go fetch him. Seconds later Clara could see Fred being led up the stairs. "Clara!" Fred shouted and started to run toward her.

"Freeze right there Freddie boy." Bellatrix said. "Tell me where Potter is and then you can go to her."

"Potter? Oh, well he's somewhere." Fred said.

"Don't test me boy. Unless you want to see your precious wife hurt even more." Bellatrix said getting in Fred's face.

"Fine I'll tell you." He said. "He's...."

"Well? Where is he?" She demanded.

"He's....." Fred paused. For what Bellatrix didn't know was that George and Professor Lupin were behind her with wands drawn. "He's somewhere you will never find him." Fred continued.

"Why you little...." Bellatrix said raising her wand.

"Hold it right there Bellatrix!" Lupin said. "Drop your wand and get up against the wall." Bellatrix did as instructed. "You too Lucius." Fred ran to Clara who was being helped up by George.

"Clara, are you ok?" Fred asked. But Clara's body had given out on her and she was passed out. "We need to get her out of here George." He said. George nodded.

"Lupin, time to go." George said.

"Right. Don't try and follow us, because if you do, you will meet your demise. I can promise you that." Lupin said backing toward the others. And as quick as they came they were gone.