One Night to Hear Your Heart

Ed Sheeran

It has been a few days since Ed arrived here, and I've tried to give him privacy as he worked, unless he asked for the extra company.

Most days he was in his suite door wide open guitar in lap and a pen and pad before him. Or he was on the many decks headphones in and lip singing would be lyrics.

But he was always kind when I had to interrupt to tell him lunch or dinner was being served.

However it bugged me to no end that, as familiar as his face was, I could not remember his name.

-----------

It was Sunday afternoon, and I was on a break today. I headed down to the Movie room and had watched the tail end of the Hobbit 2. I had been watching bits of it all week and had did the same with the first movie the week before. It wasn't my cup of tea really but I promised my sister I would give it a looksee.

It had ended and while I was Mildly impressed, as the credits played the song playing picked up my ears.

"Oh how pretty" I thought as I listened, humming along soon enough with the chorus.

And then from down the hall I could hear Eds footsteps heading my way along with quiet singing as he worked on a song "Oh no that's not good at all" I heard him say faintly.

"Hm?" I picked up his voice, and the song in the credits. "Huh he's almost as good as-" I thought but it was cut short as Ed walked in and pulled out his earphones. He looked at the screen and smiled folding his arms across his chest.

"And I hope that you remember me" He sang, and my mouth fell open. My yes darting between him and the screen.

He chuckled and rubbing the back of his head smiled a bit shy. "Oh so that's why you looked so familiar!" I gasped feeling a bit dim. "Ah yeah, to be fair I don't sound that perfect live and up close" he said.

I blinked a few times and turned to the credits, it listed songs. "I See Fire...by Ed Sheeran" I paused for a moment before laughing at myself. "Oh geez I am so slow" I said.

"I knew I knew your face, you'll have to forgive me" I said apologetic with a smile as he sat down next to me. "I stay clear of most things media related, but my 9 year old niece is just crazy over you so I should have known" I said.

He smiled back and shook his head. " no worries, it's kinda nice really" he said he looked at me with curiosity as he went to speak again "but why no media?" He asked.

I went to speak but slowly closed my mouth and looked away. "I, well it's ruined my heart before, that's all" I said. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-" he rambled slightly panicked at my dad expression.

I glanced up at him and found myself smiling a little at the guilty look on his face, looking like a puppy whom had bitten it's playmate's paw to hard.

"I've got an Idea would you like to come hear the song I am working on?" He asked and then he looked slightly bewildered again.

"Ah wait, that's a terrible idea, you don't even listened to my stuff" he said with  short laugh. I smiled and shook my head "no, I'd love to hear it," he looked down at me and smiled "besides I do know one song, my niece learned it for a talent show at her school. Admittedly I don't know the title but it was very nice" I added to this Ed scrunched up his face in thought.

It took all I had not to giggle at his facial expressions. He was far to cute.

"Was it One?" He asked I shrugged "hmmm maybe The A Team?" He asked I shook my head "I've no idea" I said. "Well what were the lyrics?" He said.

I thought for a moment. "Um....Well She liked the lalas" I said he laughed "Don't" he said, I tilted my head "Don't what?" I asked and he laughed at me leaving me more confused.

"No, Don't is the name of the song" he said. I blushed a bit in embarrassment. "Oh...heh Right" I said sheepishly.

He  smiled at me again, "it's funny how that song worked out" I could tell he was talking to himself mostly. And the air felt a bit more friction filled around him.

This isn't good, I'm supposed to keep a peaceful air here, I had to change the setting. "Well how about I show you the  things to do outside before that song" I offered standing up.

He looked up at my smile and pushed himself up out of the chair. "Sounds like fun" he said returning my smile as I went to lead him out of the Movie room.