One Night to Hear Your Heart

Store Bought

I never did get my song, with Ed getting so lost in the outdoor activities. But it was perfectly fine because that was my job.

Ed had been shut up in the cabin for over a week know, couldn't have been good. But he was deep into his work with this album. I had seen him putting together a list of artists he could feature.

The life of a musician was a lot more actual work than I imagined.

It was morning and I readied breakfast. By now I knew how he liked everything and around what time he woke up. Leaving the food hot and placed in the parlor near the window table I headed to my own room to get dressed properly for the day.

---------
Latter that morning I was approached by Ed who looked at me curiosity as I held several canvas tote bags and a pair of keys.

"Hey LaBelle we're you headed?" He asked, I smiled "into town to pick up some groceries and other supplies" I said. "Would you like a extra hand?" He asked. I laughed and shook my head "no! Mister Sheeran you are a quest here remember" I said walking past him to have him walk by my side.

"To be honest, I'm sort of bored" he said. I stopped and looked up at him, while he smiled down at me "and mister Sheeran sounds so awkward, soooo awkward" he said laughing.

I have a nod and a giggle "fine Ed if you like you can join me, after all you haven't left the cabin at all yet, I can be a good guide and show you some things to do here locally" I said. "Great let's go!" He said.

I laughed lightly and pointed to his hair "huh?" He asked "You've still got a bit of bed head" I said. His eyes wrinkled into a smile as he grinned at me. "Oh it's always that way" he chuckled. "Oh!" I laughed.

Ed sat in the passengers seat as we road into town, it was a small California hill town. Ed seemed to be interested in all the little odd small business shops.

I glanced at him. It felt weird, riding around with a celebrity in the passenger seat like I was going shopping with a girl friend. But he seemed unfazed.

"Uhh Ed?" I asked eyes focused on the road, he looked to me, he looked as casual as ever. "Yeah, what's up?" He said. "Um, well are you sure you'd are not be in the back seat?" I asked side glancing at him.

He still held that smile as he spoke "Yes, I'd rather be up here, I feel like I'm working or headed to a show from the back seat, not that I don't like that feeling. In fact I love it. But I'm working right now" he said.

I nodded as long as he was ok with it, I'd get over myself.

-------
At the grocery store, I pushed a basket with Ed at my side. "Here let me push and you can look for what you need" he offered. I eyes him "You sure?" I asked "Yes" he said, he seemed slightly annoyed. I stepped away from the basket and let him push, recalling the day in the Movie room. He had seemed happy about not getting immediate fawning over.

I smiled at him "thanks" he nodded and eyes the list in my hands. "Were to first?" He said.

Ed was actually having fun shopping with me he had me laughing most of the time. It was nice it had been a long time since I wasn't shopping alone.

As I thought about this I zoned out while reaching for a head of lettuce.

"Oh! Andy!" Ed called as a hissing noise sounds off, "Look out!" He called but it was to late the produce misters had turned on. "Eeeeeckh!" I squeaked at the cold soft mist as I kept back lettuce in hand. Ed snickered trying hard to hold back a laugh. Though he ultimately failed.

I shivered slightly "Well that'll teach me to space out" I said laughing at myself. Ed smiled at me apologetically and started to take off his hoody.

I waved my hands in protest. "Oh no I ok, keep that you get cold" I said. He squinted at me and smiled, my breath got caught, he looked amused but at the same time I could see he was telling me that he wasn't asking me to take it.

Holding the bright green hoody open I hesitantly walked up, turned around and slip my arms in one at a time. "See, not so bad" he said. I blushed a bit, the Hoody was warm with his body heat and smelled really nice.

"You won't be cold?" I asked, he took hold of the basket again "nah I'm good" he said. I smiled "Thank you Mister...Ah, I mean Ed" I said quickly catching myself. He laughed. "You're getting there" he said.