One Night to Hear Your Heart

More Than a Star

Still in town Ed helped me put the bags in the trunk before going to explore the shops.

I was going to let him go alone for a while staring and pointing out the store I would be in when he grabbed my wrist and pulled me along with him jogging towards a wood work shop.

Inside he looked at everything, but stopped at the back of the small shop eyeing a beautiful soft colored light wooden acoustic. It looked the color of eggnog and has a nice polished finish.

I smiled at him as his eyes sparked at it. "You look like you've spotted your first love all over again" I laughed. "You know I might have" he said looking at me briefly before turning back to the guitar.

I folded my arms and nodded to the string instrument with my chin. "Gary the owner of the store used to make custom Guitars for a living" I said with a bittersweet smile "and that's his very last one, his hands don't work so well anymore and he won't sell her for nothing." I said.

Ed looked behind him to a man in his 60's behind the counter. "Is that him?" He asked me, I turned to look to and nodded my head. "Yep that's Gary" as I said this Ed headed over to him while the customer he was tending to left. "H-hey, what're'you ?" I called to him following at a distance.

"Hello Sir, I was browsing through your store and saw that lovely guitar back there" he said, Gary looked pensive but was impressed with Ed's polite approach.

"My," Ed looked back at me and smiled "my friend back there has told me it isn't for sell," Gary spotted me and smiled as a greeting as I waved to him nervously.

"Friends?" I thought.

"But I was hoping, maybe I could just give her a go, just play it once. I'm willing to pay" Ed asked. Gary searched Ed's eyes and huffed. "Emmn 'ill be 15 bucks" he said sharply even still Ed just smiled with eyes alite and placed the money on the counter.

Gary pocketed the bill before leading Ed back to the guitar. As I followed next to Ed he gave me a sly wink. I tilted my head a bit. But decided to watch and see rather than question.

Gary took the guitar down carefully and handed it to Ed. Ed gingerly slipped into the strap made of woven leather and his posture and fingers slipped into place naturally. I could not help but be impressed.

Gary looked so to, Ed started to strum but he did so in a way were it looked like he was barely touching the strings. Yet a clear sound came from the guitar. He looked at me as if telling me to come closer before humming a few bars.

" We keep this love in this photograph,We made these memories for ourselves" Ed sang

The air in the store softened as did Gary's mood. He watched Ed play and respect started to ease across his face.

" So you can keep me inside the pocket of your ripped jeans, Holdin' me closer 'til our eyes meet" Ed never once looked up from the guitar.

But my heart was melting at his sweet voice, it felt strange to say he sounded pretty but he did, like a little morning bird. And I smiled widely involuntarily.

And at the end of his song he looked up at me.

" Inside these pages you just hold me and I won't ever let you go"

I felt awkward as I gawked, but you could see in his eyes he wasn't just any star.

"Wait for me to come home" he sang fading out.

No he wasn't your typical star, not at all. My gazed became soft as he finished. Gary clapped and a light blush crept on Eds face as he looked at me with a goofy timid smile.

And if felt like something happened there. Something I wouldn't forget.

"Heh, gee don't look at me like that" He said chuckling nervously. The blush was starting to fade. He really was quite adorable.

Ed gently removed himself from the guide he has almost fused with and handed it back to Gary with a pleased smile. "Thanks was worth every penny" Ed said turning to me "Come on Andy let's go check out some other stores" he said.

Still with a smile, I went to lead him out the store when-

"Wait. ..." Gary called softly.

He walked up to Ed and placed the guitar in his arms. "Take it, it's been a long time since I've heard a guitar played so sincerely" Gary said. I grinned as Ed beamed.

"Are you sure? How much?" He stammered excitedly slipping back into the strap and reaching for his wallet. However Gary held up a hand stopping him.

"No charge, you just take care of her son, she's the only one like that in the word" he said. Ted's grin faded to a knowing small smile as he nodded.

"Of course Sir" he said carefully swinging the guitar to his back. Gary nodded to him firmly before going back into the stock room. Ed turned to me with a content smile. "Ready?" He asked.

I gazed at him for a moment, and he back at me confusion in his eyes. I then smiled, shook my head and lead him out the shop. "I tell you, you must be something special" I said, he stood next to me outside and smiled at my comment.

"You think so?" He asked, I nodded and pointed to a set of shops "how about one of those" I said