One Night to Hear Your Heart

Spotted Things Like Giraffes

" that one" Ed said pointing to a shop with all manner of random things setting outside on display.

"Nice that's one of my favorites" I said before we crossed the street.

Inside there was so much to see that Ed and I eventually parted ways. He was looking at some leather wristbands and belts while I found myself looking at a cute medium sized stuffed giraffe. It had a fuzzy orange mane and I laughed.

Eds ears picked up my laughter and he came to me, peering over my shoulder. "Hm what did you find" he asked, his eyes fell on the plush giraffe, it was a bit rounder than a giraffe anything would expect to be.

I picked it up and held it out to show him, "doesn't he look familiar?" I asked. But Ed was still confused. "Eh, no. Cute little thing though" he said laughing at me.

I took it to the counter and purchased it and we excited the store.

"But really who is it?" Ed asked. "Jeffery the Giraffe?" I shook my head and held my plush up to Ed. "Ed the Giraffe" I corrected. Ed chuckling shook his head. "I really don't see it" he said scratching his cheek with a almost shy smile "it's much cuter than I am" he added.

I turned my plush around and examined it myself "no, it's about even" I thought, in a unfocused view behind my plush I could see Ed blushing brightly.

I gasped and covered my mouth "oooh! I'm so sorry, I was just-" still bright red Ed chuckled "Thinking out loud?" He said.

I rubbed my neck "Um yeah" I said awkwardly. I may have been in my twenties but me around a guy of any type meant promised awkward moments.

I Cleared my throat "so I'm it's about lunch time do you want to head back to Lala'Belle?" I asked. Ed smiled and then it faded "the groceries!" He gasped, I started and looked toward the car. "Oh geez, the Ice cream!" I called flying to the car. Ed following after me my marry Jane's clicking against the road.

Ed and I each opened a tub of Ice cream. "Uhh" I groaned at the frothy liquid. "What about that one?" I asked. Ed shook his head "it's not but strawberry cream soup" he said. We looked at each other and laughed.

"I will run in and buy some more and then we can head back" I said hurrying off.

Ed was in the passengers seat texting away on his phone. He had a mildly serious expression on. As we headed up the hill returning to Lala'Belle, I glanced in the review. In the back seat was Ex's new guitar and my giraffe plush toppled over leaning as if it was resting on the distinctly beautiful guitar.

Something about this made me smile. For a moment I thought out of the corner of my eye I saw Ed looking at me. But I must have been mistaken as he sighed heavily frowning down at his phone.

---------

Back at Lala'Belle Cabin, Ed had entered into his room and hadn't been out for hours. And all I could picture was how upset he looked in the car.

The only sound was that of trial and errors of new song cords.

If I wanted Lala'Belle Cabin to live up to her name, I would have to cheer him up some how.

Walking up to his suite door I placed a plate of food on a tv tray, along with Ed the Giraffe, as a pick me up. Also it was well past dinner and Ed never showed for lunch.

I tapped at his door lightly before heading down the hall. Faintly I could hear his door open.

It was warm by the fire pit outside, even if the air was freezing. I was nestled under a cow print blanket looking up at the stars. A clearing of sky surrounded by pine tips.

My heart started to ache, I rarely star gazed anymore. Not since he vanished on me.

But even still, I had hoped, that maybe he was still looking too.

"Hey" ed called, I turned my eyes away from the sky and looked at him. Dazed in my thoughts for a moment "Thanks for dinner and-" he pulled Ed the Giraffe from behind his back and wiggled him around with a small smile.

"Of course, it's my job to make sure you enjoy your stay" I said, "and you just looked so upset" I thought to myself. "Oh" Ed said with a hint of disappoint in his tone.

He sat down next to me on the bench and looked up at the sky. I followed his gaze. "Which one are you looking at" he asked.

I suddenly found myself looking at him again. Even in the dark, while clearly still a bit upset, he was still heartbreakingly cute, he looked so pure and real. Like nothing from the artificial places he comes and goes from.

"Just a twinkle in a sea of swimmers" I said, not even looking at the stars any more.

He glanced down at me from the corner of his eye head still up to the sky. I panicked. "Oh good God I am staring like a creeper!" I thought, luckily at that moment he Shivered giving me a reason for staring.

I quickly unfolded my blanket and stretched some out to him. "Here" I said. Ed looked at me "I can't take it from you" he paused "can we share?" He asked.

I paled. But nodded stiffly "ah sure..." I said as he scooted closer. I sighed "Wait, no just take it, this is no unprofessional" I said.

Ed laughed "it's after your work hours, no need for profession, besides" he smiled fully and somehow it warmed me up just to see him smiling again.

"It's just you and I here, no one has to know how scandalous were being" he joked, and I laughed lightly at his facial expression. I nodded and he pulled some blanket over him as we gazed at the sky in silence.

It didn't even feel cold out anymore, but still my cheeks flushed in the light of the fire.

"You like spots huh?" He asked looking down at the cow print with a goofy player smile.

"Huh?" I hadn't been listening well I was looking at him and he was talking but his voice seemed far away. All I could feel was a funny tingle in my cheeks and hands.

"Whats going on with me?"