Harry Potter and the Maleficent Malfoy

Champion Malfoy

"I'm gonna die" Millicent cried as Tabitha handed her another hankie.

Marcus switched places with Rabanus on the Slytherin common room sofa next to Millicent. "I've been picked to I won't allow anything to happen to you" he said with a serious face. This only caused Millicent to cry more. Viktor descended the Slytherin boy dormitory stairs. Tabitha sighed  And looked up at Viktor pleasingly.

"You'll be alright" he offered walking over. "Alright? I haven't played any sport ever, I failed flying, I can't swim, my run is a trot! And this Twizards tournament kills people!" Millicent ranted.

"Thats just a rumor I'm sure" Viktor said uncomfortable.

"They wouldn't let any students do it if that was the case" Tabitha said.

Millicent stopped crying and gawked "are you all brand new to the wizards world? Age doesn't matter in these things!" She shouted running up the stairs to the girls dorm. Marcus followed after her but as his foot hit the stairs they vanished.

***********

" Dumbledore believes that he did not persuade an older student to do it for him, I'm sure that should be good enough for everybody else!" McGonagall said. Snaps sighed "yes,yes potter. But this not explain Flint or Malfoy's involvement. Flint is capable enough, for whatever reasons the Goblet has however" at Snape's words Dumbledore sighed "miss Malfoy is scared out of her senses, and while a star student she isn't skilled enough for the perils of this" Snape finished.

McGonagall gave a heavy sigh "and Merlin knows the trouble Lucius Malfoy will cause when news reached him of this development" she said.

*******

Millicent was crying her eyes out on Tabitha when a first year girl poked her head into the dorm. "They're calling the champions to meet, the headmaster has made a ruling" she said. Millicent looked up at Tabitha terrified. "It'll be fine, I'm sure Dumbledore has fixed it" Tabitha reasoned.

Millicent quaked between Marcus and Viktor. Harry eyes her carefully from were he stood near Cedric and Fleur. He'd never seen her do frightened before. And while he hated to say it, he felt sorry for her.

"No fowl play could be found, on either of the three additional champions parts. This we have decided to make the necessary changes" Dumbledore paused and looked into Millicent's hopeful eyes sadly. "To let all three continue on" Millicent gasped and covered her mouth. Marcus rested a hand on her shoulder and she looked up at him.

"But! I can't!" Millicent's mind yelled, she knew she should have never gotten involved in this Twizards business. All she wanted to do was go to the ball, hanging beautifully from a champions arm. She never wanted to *be* a champion.

Millicent could almost feel her face get green with sickness, soon tossing her fears all over the floor. Everyone grimaced and some held their nose. After which the group disbanded for the night.

**********
Morning rolled around and nothing aided Millicent's nerves. Her father had answered Draco's letter far less than happy, yet still the hardest part for Millicent to take was...

" this being said, I regret to tell you my dearest daughter that what is done is done, this is far beyond my say so. But I can make sure and assure you that you will be kept safe." Millicent read.

"Perfect, absolutely perfect!"Millicent shrilled. "Must be serious if Father cannot put an end to it" Draco added taking back the letter. "I can't study like this, I can't think of anything but me in a pile of what used to be me!" Millicent said.

She looked up to see Rabanus coming he held a wide smile and a bag full of treats "happy After Halloween?" He said with an unsure smile. Millicent looked up at him dully.

"Yes Rabanus because that's what I need, to gain weight and get out of shape before the tournament, so I can die that much faster" she hissed pointedly. Rabanus rolled his eyes, "don't bare your kitty claws at me Millie, these are on behalf of Marcus" he said. "Figures ruddy idiot" Millicent murmured. Draco laughed and parted ways.

Although Millicent was scared witless most of the Slytherin house gave great support to her and Marcus. But this couldn't be said for the other houses or schools.

"What do you call yourselves looking at! Shoo!"Tabitha said in an icy cold voice to some leering Veelas whom had passed she and Millicent in the courtyard. "Violet eyes freaks" Millicent mumbled darkly. "Come on Millie stop pouting we must study!" Tabitha urged.

*********
Millicent's grades were falling low by the time the first task clues were announced. "Do they honestly expect us not to help each other out!" Millicent said frustrated studying the clues with Marcus. "There are always loopholes relax" he said. Millicent rolled her eyes "easy for you to say" she said. She glared daggers at Cassius Warrington whom was glaring at Marcus. "This will tear the quittich team apart" Millicent whispered.

"Cassius will get over it, all games are cancelled this year and I won't be here next year, he won't have to deal with me" Marcus said but still glanced at Cassius "jealous prick" he muttered.

Millicent shrugged, she thought Cassius should look at it as having been spared and yet still he and Marcus' friendship must have been very fickle. "Wish he could take my place" she sighed in self pity.

**********
"Come on Millie" Tabitha called pulling Millicent down the hall. "No! I don't want to participate in this! Not for pictures and certainly not for an Interview!" Millicent shouted.

Millicent begrudgingly walked into a small room her eyes landing on the infamous Rita Skeeter. "Oh you must be excited as a young beautiful girl from such a well known family as champion" she said scribbling down words. "What in blazes are you writing! I haven't said anything yet!" Millicent sneered "And I want no parts of this silly thing!"Millicent added. "Why don't you sit?" Rita offered "I'll pass" Millicent replied coldly, glaring. "Cold as a flower in winter, she stood blooming before my eyes, she would be underestimated but she would be legen-" Millicent read Rita's scribblings.

"What is that nonsense? Stop that!" Millicent called snatching Rita's paper she balled it up and stormed out of the room, letting off some steam she bumped against Harry who was on his way to interview, so hard she nearly turned him around.

"Ow...." Harry said rubbing his shoulder, but he could tell that wasn't 100% Millicent just being Millicent and liked ahead of him to find Rita Skeeters eyes glistening as she muttered "fast rivals emerging before the tournament even begins, yes I need to write that down!"

Harry could tell this woman would be bad business.

*********

"You look beautiful in this picture Millie" Tabitha said was she walked Millicent back from the photoshoot. "Its great isn't it, the last picture of me while alive, and I have to stand side by side with Potter in the front row!" Millicent was clearly displeased.

"Its not the last picture Millie relax" Tabitha offered with a smile.

Millicent snapped.

"Stop saying that! I am sick of everyone telling me to Relax!, how about you go and sick your neck out in an event that kills, that you never even applied for, with stupid clues! That even the headmaster says you stand alone in! And then revisit me and see if you can even bring it upon your ignorant self to say 'just relax!'" Millicent yelled storming off leaving a wide eyed baffled Tabitha.