Status: I have a bit written but need to look it over

Diaries of the Man Upstairs

I Now Pronunce You

April 28th... again

I'm dressed and ready.

Of course in my prom suit... but that's all I had.

Dan's still getting ready.

Chris is helping him in the other room.

I'm not allowed to see him till the alter.

Pj told me he's wearing his dad's wedding tux.

I can't wait to see it.

I can't wait to see him.

He's my world.

8:30 pm

Phil

I tighten my bow tie, looking up at pj.

"I'm nervous and I don't even know why..." I take a seat on our bed. Dan's side.

He smells so nice... it been 20 minutes and I'm already moping in his smell because I miss him.

"Look at me, your mum was married even younger than da-"

"See how that turned out," I groan. He sits beside me.

"But you love Dan," he whispers, squeezing my shoulder.

"I do... you're right... I'm just scared. Nothing's gonna change. We're practically married." I pull myself back up, grabbing one of Dan's earnings and putting it inside my vest pocket.

"Do you always leave the house with something of his or is that a good luck... wedding... thing," he asks.

I bite my lip, nodding. "Always...  there's not a time when  I haven't got something of his on my body... unless it's him. He's not here so it's a safety... I put it on and it's a shield over my whole body. It also feels like I'm watching over him. I need a part of him..." I grab my pocket watch he'd given me on Christmas, slipping it in the same pocket.

"Dan texted. Let's get in the car." Pj pushes me out the door.

"BYE DAN! ILL SEE YOU! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE BE CAREFUL! DRIVE SAFE, I KNOW YOU WILL- PJS GOT ME OUT THE DOOR! I LOVE YOU BABE!" I just keep yelling at Dan until I'm forced into the cab pj called.

We get to the alter, me about to vomit but pj calms me. He's good at that.

"Binder is making me hurt," he whispers. I pull him in for a hug.

"Lock yourself in a stall, take it off. I'll get you when I see Chris. I'll be sure to keep them waiting till you're alright. I know how you hate to go out without it." He shakes his head, pointing over to Chris.

"I'll be alright," he whispers. I smile, knowing my husband is right there. I don't know why I'm doing this. It's insane. I barely know the man. He's really everything I need though. Nothing can change that... right?

He really loves me too.
I can tell he does. He's so beautiful. He's still nowhere to be seen.

Chris and pj trade people. Chris takes me into the alter.

"Listen, if you break this man, I will break you. Now move on from that. Stand here. Let me go fetch Dan. Pj is walking you down the isle. I got Dan. Do you have vows?" He starts fixing my tie and messing with my hair.

"Yeah," I mumble as I pull out  a piece of paper. He smiles, patting my head.

"Off to go get Dan," he says with a laugh. I nod. He walks off. After a few minutes, pj's arm is around mine and music is playing.

He walks me down the isle, stopping me at the end.

"I'm not your mother but I do love you as much as she did. If you ever need anything, I'm downstairs. You're going to be a fantastic husband and an even better life coach. Couldn't imagine handing you off to anyone else." He gets on his tippy toes, kissing my forehead and then standing to my side.

The music starts again and there's Dan. He looks amazing. He has on a nice, white suit with a grey shirt underneath, which was a bit big but I know wearing his dad's suit meant so much to him. He's had it in his closet for years.

And hobbit hair.

He made it curly just for me.

When he gets up to the alter, pj's already crying.

I couldn't help but lose it when my hand is taken in his. He pulls me into his shoulder, letting me cry for a minute.

"I'm okay, I'm good," I whisper  and clean myself up.

"Promise," he asks. I nod. He smiles.

"Happiest day of our lives, right? Let's do this!" He nudges my shoulder, making me giggle.

"Okay. Let's go on." I cue.

We go on, getting to our vows. Luckily for me, Dan goes first.

"I take you for my lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or poorer. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days in my life, until death do us apart. This is my solemn vow."

The minister turns to me. "You may now do your vows."

"I take you for my lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or poorer. I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days in my life, until death do us apart. This is my solemn vow."

"Please face each other and join hands."

I take Dan's hands. He gives mine a squeeze and and wink reassuringly.

"Under the eyes of London, do you take Philip Michael Lester to be your lawfully wedded husband? Do you promise to honor him in love, to be sensitive to his needs, to comfort him in difficulty and to put your complete full trust in him as long as you both shall live?"

He smiles really big.

"I promised that the day I laid eyes on him... you bet I do," Dan mumbles. I laugh, blushing. He moves my hair a little, still hands jointed.

"And you, Phil Lester, under the eyes of London, do you take Daniel James Howell to be your lawfully wedded husband? Do you promise to honor him in love, to be sensitive to his needs, to comfort him in difficulty and to put your complete full trust in him as long as you both shall live?"

I squeeze Dan's hand. "Yes, I do. I do."

"Very well then, you may exchange rings. These rings symbolize your eternal love and commitment to one another. May these rings remind you of the promises made today and the love that is shared between you. Repeat after me as you exchange rings. I give you this ring as a symbol of my love and commitment. With this ring, I thee wed."

We put on the Pokemon rings he'd bought earlier and just use them as wedding bands. They're cool. I like them better. I think Dan does too.

"By the power vested in me by the city of London, I now pronounce you husband and husband. You make kiss your man."

I look Dan in the eye, putting my hand on the back of his neck and kissing him hard. When he pulls away, I could tell he knows this is the best choice he's ever made.

"Gentlemen, it's my pleasure to present to you, mister and mister..."

"Lester-Howell," I call, grabbing Dan's hand and pulling him down the isle.

When we get home, it's just a long night of dancing and partying and cuddling with my new mister until we pass out.

I fall asleep to a quiet "good night, mister Lester-Howell." From Dan and a kiss on the head.

I'm really happy.