Status: C O M P L E T E D | 9-28-16

Give Into Me.

Burn for You.

For the most part Tyler did stay on his side of the bed that night, but I can't say the same for myself. Somehow I wound up curled up into his side with my arm draped lazily across his sculpted stomach. Maybe after all the shit that had gone down the night before I just felt like being safe and protected something Tyler's body exuded as it took up more than half of my bed. Or maybe he was just warm, I'll go for the latter it sounds better.

Thankfully I woke up before Tyler and pulled myself away from the sticky situation and set my mind straight before he could give me some smart ass comment about wanting his body. When I came back from the bathroom he was sitting up scrolling through his phone, and to my surprise he just got up said a few words and was out the door no comment on the cuddling. After he left my apartment that morning it took nearly 2 weeks before Tyler asked me to hang out with him again.

I wanted to say it was because of our little sleepover but I knew better, the only reason it took that long was because he and the Stars were on the road for the better part of those two weeks. Not that we had any lapse in communication during that time, Heaven forbid.

Tyler took it upon himself to use me as entertainment while on the road, he and his teammates who frequently stole his phone took to blowing up mine with texts and late night post game phone calls. A lot of which were him just making sure I was okay mentally or Jamie and Jason making fun of Tyler while he tried to get them out of his hotel room. When it was just Tyler checking on me his phone calls were sweet and it showed that maybe he did care about me after all, maybe I should be thankful that Tyler had seen that side of me now. But what was strange about it was that it didn’t scare him away.

In my own lapse in judgment during Tyler's road trip I gave him my Snapchat and was bombarded with selfies and ridiculous videos of Tyler and his teammates. I came to this conclusion after seeing some of those snaps: hockey players are just over grown children. But I can't lie they were really funny most of the time! Throughout the whole trip 91 and his band of idiots begged and begged trying to get me to agree hang out with them the weekend they returned to Dallas but I never gave a direct answer. It had been a hectic week in the office making sure all was ready for this Sunday's game that included on field VIP guests and in the gym choreographing a new routine for Worlds, I was spent and wanted to spend Saturday in my bed.

"Any plans with lover boy this fine evening?" Hannah asked me as I poured water into a glass fresh out of my post practice shower, the blonde sat at our kitchen counter hair in a bun and glasses on her face.

"No, Channing Tatum is with his wife this weekend."

"You know I meant Tyler, you've spent every other weekend with him Ads." Had I really?
"I have not, besides you're never here." I take a sip of my drink and lean against the countertop.

"Whatever, I leave you for one weekend and I'm never here? Somebody's needy."

"Am not, but had you been here last weekend maybe I wouldn’t have ran into Noah!" The minute I had told Hannah all the details of my weekend without her she was enraged, of course the weekend she's gone something interesting happens in the Big D.

"No, we both would have ran into him and his sorry ass and hers wouldn’t have gotten away clean." I roll my eyes, the blonde was all bark and no bite.

"Yeah okay, Rocky." Hannah puts her fists up ready for battle and I shake my head water droplets falling from my freshly washed hair, "I vote we stay in tonight, drink wine and watch TV."

"Fine by me.. When did we turn into our mothers?" She had a point on that one, our mom's were good friends who enjoyed the weekly get together over a bottle of wine and a game of bunko.

"When we started drinking wine instead of vodka and traded the frat parties for corporate events, so basically when we graduated college."

"Damn, we're old." I finished my water and hugged my best friend's shoulders before retreating back to my room for a nap, a pre-game for our wild night in apartment 3B.

A couple hours later I woke up with a rats nest of air dried hair, drool on my face, and 3 text messages from Tyler. I wiped my mouth, knotted my red hair on top of my head and slid my iPhone open as I sat up in my cocoon of blankets.

T: Hey any plans tonight?
T: must be time for your post practice nap..
T: house party @ Jamie's bring Hannah ditch the Netflix.

How did this kid know my sleep schedule?! Maybe we were spending too much time together.

A: No can do sir, we have hot dates.
T: bottles of wine do not count as dates..
A: Jesus are you a mind reader now?
T: I'm a man of many talents ;)
A: gross. But seriously we're just hanging out here tonight.
T: did you even ask Hannah?
A: Ty, I'm tired and I have to be at the stadium at 8 :(
T: just come for a little while!!
A: You're needy Seguin.

Crawling from the dark hole of my bedroom I found Hannah on the couch already engrossed in Netflix, "Hey, I'm supposed to ask you if you want to go to Jamie's. I already said no but Tyler said I had to ask you too."

Hannah's forehead wrinkles and she looks down at the ensemble of leggings and a sports bra that she's currently sporting, "Do I look like I need to go party with NHL players right now?"

"So that's 2 No's, I'll alert the press."

A: We're out, nobody here feels like getting dressed. Sorry, 91.
T: Lame, I guess we will all see you tomorrow then.
A: Tomorrow?
T: the Stars are the on-field guests tomorrow.. You didn’t know that?A: you're joking?
T: no, you didn’t know that?
A: nope.. See you fools tomorrow.

"Well shit." I mumble stuffing my phone into the pocket of my old Longhorns sweatpants as I shuffle over to the couch.

"What?" Hannah asks her blue eyes moving from the TV screen to look at me.

"Turns out Tyler and the rest of the team are my on-field guests tomorrow."

"Which means?"

"I'll be in charge of entertaining them before the game and keeping the DCC from drooling over them and vice versa."

"You're just worried about any of them drooling over yours, don't lie." I shoot her a glare and rise up to get the first bottle of wine for the evening pulling the cork out with ease. I return to the couch with two glasses of red as Hannah pulls up our newest series Hart of Dixie, it's annoyingly addictive. By 10 we're two seasons and two bottles of wine in and both of us are about down for the count, I throw the empty bottles in our recycling bin and place our plates and cups in the sink as Hannah turns off the TV. Like two little old women we bid our goodnights both of us retreating to our respective spaces, I plug my cell phone in and head for my closet digging for something cute and Cowboy's blue for tomorrow's game.

When I return with a clean face and fresh breath I have a notification from snapchat, it's from daddydemers and I know it's going to be hilarious. I settle into my bed and open the 10 second video, it quickly scans through what I presume to be Jamie's living room bustling with people and lands on Tyler who's leaning against the counter beer in hand looking hella bored. The caption at the bottom makes me fight a smile, "where's Adi when you need her."

I flip the camera around taking a shame free no make up messy bun selfie with the classic duck face captioning it "she's going to bed xx ;)" It's off to Jason and my phone is on do not disturb for the next 8 hours.

Sunday morning comes calling and with a playlist full of Drake and Fall Out Boy I jam my way through my beauty routine and am out the door in record time. My drive to AT&T Stadium is fueled by Starbucks and the second my heels start clicking on the concrete floors I am busy. Having the 1 o'clock game is almost worse than the Sunday Night game because everything needs to be done at max speed, it's the first game of the day and all the kinks tend to fall on it. So when they add VIP guests to the mix it just adds to the pot, not to mention I'm 'friends' with today's guests so I'm nervous to see how big of a mess today turns out to be.

I'm just taking a breather downing my second cup of Cowboy's coffee when my boss Mr. Drake winds the corner with my co-worker Delaney in tow. He looks out of breath following the older man at a fast pace! "Adleigh good you're here, as you know today we have guests with us from down the road."

"Yes, sir. The Dallas Stars will be arriving on field at noon."

"Very well, I trust you and Mr. Walker here will be able to handle the group of hockey players for a half an hour?"

I nod, "Yes, of course Mr. Drake, Delaney and I will be just fine."

"Wonderful, I'll see you two later for post-game checks. Good luck, Adleigh, Del."

"Thank you, Sir." As the man leaves Delaney and I we both breathe a sign of relief, that man stresses the both of us out!

"Do you think we'll need luck with them? How many of them are coming?" Delaney nods to the folder I've been holding and I open it revealing a list of guests, I scan it and recognize almost all of the names listed.

"About half the team, we'll be fine their coach is coming too they'll have to be well behaved."

"Do you follow them? I mean do you even hockey, Ads? Because I'm more of a Mavericks kinda guy." Oh buddy, what a loaded question. I followed them plenty, but was I really a fan?

"You could say that, come on let's get these guest passes up to Will Call and make sure the tunnel workers know who's coming through."

With my trusty earpiece in and my iPad and folder in hand I stand at the end of the tunnel waiting for Del to return with out guests, I had sent him in lieu of myself to hold off on seeing Tyler. I knew it was coming but it didn’t need to happen so soon. I heard the group before I saw them and quickly tucked my iPhone back into the pocket of my blazer as they approached, taking a deep breath I put on a smile and stepped forward as they came to a stand still in front of me. I scanned the crowd of hockey players wearing more blue than green for once, a crowd of tall guys looking super casual. As I scanned the crowd I saw Jamie and Jordie behind an older man who I presumed to be their coach and recognized a few other players too from Tyler's party, but I didn’t see Tyler.

Just as I was about to open my mouth I heard the very distinct voice of Jason Demers croak out from the back, "There's your girl Segs!" It was quickly followed by a sharp 'Ow' and that's how I knew Tyler was in the back with Jason. My face felt a little warm as I caught an odd glance from Del who was now at my side, ignoring it I cleared my throat and went on with my talk.

"Good afternoon everyone, I'm Adleigh Reichman PR manager of guest relations for the Dallas Cowboys I'll be down on the field with ya'll today. As you all know you are to keep your VIP lanyard on at all times and are to remain on the sidelines unless asked to step onto the field. You will be given time to interact with players at a certain time so we ask that you let them get a good warm up in, same goes for the cheerleaders. Any questions?"

A hand shot up in the back and I prayed that it was anyone but Jason or Tyler, it was neither but a face I didn't recognize. "Yeah, go ahead?"

"Can we take pictures?" I giggled as his teammates busted out laughing at the tall, young blonde.

"Yeah, that's totally fine. What do ya'll say let's get out on the field. And before I forget, welcome to AT&T and go big blue!" As I smiled at the crowd of guys in front of me they burst out in a round of applause and "Yay Adi's" to which I shook my head as Delaney and I lead them out onto the field.

"So you know the Stars?" He whispered as concrete turned into astroturf.

"Maybe a little."

"Thanks for the heads up," He laughed and I shrugged.

"Trust me I didn’t know they were coming until last night, nor did I know they were going to be so embarrassing." I turned to look at the heard of NHL players who had spread out on the sidelines watching Romo and the guys warm up.

"So you and Seguin then?" Delaney nodded toward Tyler who was standing arms crossed over a white v-neck with a black and white plaid shirt over the top a Cowboy's snapback on his head.

"Huh? No, we're not."

"Really? Because I heard someone say something about his girl."

Busted. "Oh you heard that? His friends are just trying to get us together it's nothing. We're just friends is all."

"Every girl in Dallas wants to be 'just friends' with that Adi." I roll my eyes and lightly shove my co-worker.

"Go makes sure those idiots down there don't get hurt," I nod my head where a few Stars have started throwing a football back and forth down the sidelines. As Delaney walks away I turn to walk too running straight into Tyler.

"Hello boss lady," Tyler smiles down at me and stuff my hands into my navy blazer pockets.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Seguin."

"Oooh, Mr. Seguin? We're being professional today."

"Well I am at work.."

"Right, well ughh this is pretty cool even if it is just the Cowboy's." That's when I remember Tyler's fatal flaw, he's a Patriots fan.

"Just keep your mouth shut about your nasty Pats while down on the field okay? I'd hate to have to have you removed." I wink for emphasis and Tyler smirks at me.

"Lips are sealed, so what do you do during the game?" I explain my roles with the DCC and the PR team before I hear directions in my ear piece to move the players onto the field for a meet and greet with some of the cheerleaders and our starting lineup. Delaney and I stand off to the side as the teams interact the boys are snapping selfies with the Cheerleaders and just as Hannah predicted I do spend most of my time watching Tyler's every move. When their time is up and it's close to kick off we escort the Dallas Stars to an elevator that will take them to their suite, as they stuff themselves in like cattle I stand back with my arms crossed. When the doors begin to close I hear one last "Bye Adleigh" before they're completely out of my hair.

"Well, that went well? Don't ya think?" Del asks as we head back to our perch on the sidelines just as the National Anthem is about to take place.

"Probably would have went smoother if I could get Demers to shut up."

"I'm sure the whole team wishes that would happen." The lights dim as a local singer belts out the National Anthem followed by a thunderous round of applause and the kickoff to yet another glorious Sunday in Jerryland.

As the first half dwindles down I check my iPad for any half time obligations noting that for once I don't have any, which means I'm free to grab some food or do anything I want for 15 minutes other than corral the DCC. I check my cell in the final minute seeing that I have a message from Tyler, he wants to know if I'm allowed upstairs. Maybe he forgot I'm the one who works here?

"Hey are you good down here? I'm going to run upstairs during the half." I ask Del and he nods giving me a look like he knows exactly where I'm going and it's not to the press box.

I leave my work stuff behind and walk as fast as I can to the elevator catching a ride up before the craziness of halftime begins. When the elevator stops on the floor filled with suites I hop off and follow the signage until I see a box labeled DALLAS STARS HOCKEY CLUB. A security guard stands outside and I smile and show him my Cowboy's badge, he nods his head and opens the door for me revealing a box full of food and men sitting everywhere.

I look around for a familiar face and at this point any will do, Jamie, Jordie, hell even Jason! "Hey Ads!" The voice comes from behind me and it startles me so much that I jump a little before turning to face Jordie Benn.

"Hey, Jordie I just came to check on you guys." He looks at me skeptically.

"Uh huh, Tyler is out on the balcony with Jamie." And I'm caught.

I mumble a thanks before walking through the crowded box making my way out on the balcony over looking the field now being used by the cheerleaders. I watch their dance silently judging in my head looking at the backs of the boys' heads until I make out which one belongs to Tyler. Sliding over to him I tap his side making him flinch out of the daze he was in watching the girls shake it down on the field.

"Well if it isn't my favorite Dallas Cowboy's Cheerleader!" Tyler cheers throwing his arm around my shoulders.

"I don't think I count since you didn’t know me when I was on the squad," I sass looking up at him as he pulls me into his side.

"Well, I'm sure you would have been my favorite how about that?"

"I'll take what I can get," I turn my attention back to the field watching the girls shift from dancing into the iconic kickline, wondering if I could still get my own legs that high. As they finish landing in the splits the box of hockey players begin whooping and hollering along with a few "Ouches" being muttered.

"So are you enjoying the game?" I ask not only to Tyler but also to Jamie and the other two unknown guys standing beside them.

"Well they're winning for once, so yeah it's not bad." For his sass I elbow Tyler and look over to the tall blonde kid and an older guy.

"You asked me a question earlier right? I don't think I know your name yet, I'm still learning the team." I ask directed at the blonde.

"Jon, uhh Klingberg. I'm a defenseman," he smiles awkwardly at me as I nod along.

"Right, yeah they always play hotline bling for you! And you are? Sorry, Tyler's really bad at introducing me."

"Jason Spezza, trust me I know Seggy's pretty bad at a lot of things except talking about you. That? He's pretty good at." I can see the skin beneath Tyler's beard turning pink and I can't hold in my little chuckle.

"Well it's nice to officially meet ya'll, I hope you're enjoying the game."

"I know I am, unlike those two I'm actually a Cowboy's fan. Klinger here isn't too big on American Football yet," Spezza jokes and I totally understand considering that Jon isn't actually from America.

"Good choice, like I told Tyler this morning we don’t condone Patriots or Seahawks fans here at AT&T Stadium." At that Jamie sticks his tongue out at me and Tyler rolls his eyes.

"I like her, she definitely doesn't put up with your shit Segs." To that Tyler rolls his eyes and looks out on the field.

"Thank you, I try to deflate his ego as much as possible. But if you'll excuse me guys I've gotta get back to work now." I wave at Jason and Jon excusing myself from the circle and begin to show myself out of the suite when I realize I'm being followed. As my feet hit the tile outside the box I turn to see Tyler hot on my tail an odd expression on his face, one that I can't quite read.

"What's up?" I ask as we walk out of ear range of the security guard.

"Just wanted to talk to you, I am leaving in the morning."

"You're always leaving, Ty. Where are you going this time?"

"Minnesota it's a home and home, we play them there on Tuesday and here on Thursday. Speaking of which," he just smirks and I know where he's going.

"I'll be there, as if I even have a choice."

"That's my girl." Tyler cracks a grin pulling me in for a hug, looking down at my arm I see the time on my gold watch.

"Oh crap, Good luck, Ty. I really gotta go Del is going to kill me!" I pull out of his arms leaving him stunned and in a race to make it back before the team takes the field I run to the elevator cursing my lace up heels while saying a silent prayer that it makes no stops on it's way down. I get to the field just as the Browns are about to kick off plopping down in my chair with a huff that doesn’t go unnoticed by the boy to my right.

"Get a little caught up there Ads? Quickie not so quick?"

"DEL!" I smack his shoulder and he laughs, "That's not funny, I did no such thing!"

"Simmer down Adleigh I was just joking, by the way check your email we're being praised for once on the way our on fields went." Doing as I was told I read the email from my boss praising our work on field, he even noted that the Stars were particularly fond of 'Miss Reichman's work' to which I rolled my eyes knowing it was only because he wasn’t there to witness the players trying to embarrass me. Turning the screen off on the iPad I turn my attention back to the game crossing my legs and hoping the post game meetings weren't too bad today, all I wanted was to go home and hope this week went quickly and wasn't too painful.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I wrote this really quick because I needed a filler chapter and why not have Tyler see Adleigh at work? I love Del & how shocked he was finding out that Ads is friends with the Stars. :P

Sidenote, Jason Demers is my spirit animal.

xoxo, happy new year! - A