‹ Prequel: In the End

Unbroken

Chapter 6

It was like any other night, myself and Jayde were in the backseat of the car, which was an old four door Mustang, heading home from the movies and going out to eat with our parents driving. We were happily talking to one another and joking around and just looking forward to a good night's sleep before school the next morning.

"Did you guys have fun tonight?" My mom, Isabella asked. She was wearing a jean jacket, red sundress and a pair of boots. My dad, Alexander, wore a button down shirt, jeans, and tennis shoes.

"So much fun!" I said, and as my mom turned her head, all I heard was a scream as a car collided with our car and it all went black. When I came to, I and Jayde were pinned inside the car.

"Mom?!" I said. "Mom! Wake up! Wake up!"

I went to check her pulse and I couldn't feel for a pulse and I screamed because I knew then that she had died when the accident happened. I fumbled around for something to get us out of the car and when I did, I pushed myself out of the car. I had cuts and bruises, and a nasty gash on my forehead. Jayde was worse, she had a broken arm and her ribs were bruised and I could see dad, who had been thrown into a ditch. I lifted my little sister up and we stood on the road and waited for the first sign of help.

"Where's mom and dad, Lacey?" Jayde asks. I then take one look over my shoulder and I see that my mom had been thrown into a ditch and my dad was launched through the windshield. Both dead. I couldn't cry because I didn't want her to see what had happened. Then, a blood curling scream made me turn around and as soon as I did, I saw the two thugs that Blaze had hired, beating my sister to death.

"Jayde!" I scream and I try to move and stop the beating, but to no avail. I just watch as she lies still, blood dripping from her mouth and all around her face.

I sit up and I gasp as I try to get used to my surroundings. I'm laying in bed with Crow, Phantom and Willow taking up Andy's side of the bed, I'd been cuddling with Andy's pillow, as a substitute for his chest and I'm wearing one of his black shirts, it smells like his scent of cigarettes and cologne with my Doctor Who pajama pants. I start crying and I pull my knees to my chest. Why? Why all of a sudden this dream came to me? I slowly get up and I check my phone- it's May 28th, the anniversary of when my parents were killed in that car accident. As much as it's comforting to have the cats laying with me in bed, I still would feel better if Andy was lying close with me. I wouldn't be having these dreams because he'd be here to keep them away. I sigh and I reach over to grab my phone and I decide to call Andy. I put the phone on speaker as I lay back in bed and listened as the call connected.

"Hello?" I hear Andy's deep but comforting voice and I could tell there was sleep in it, I'd woken him up. I take a deep breath before I begin to speak.

"Moonlight," I say holding back my tears and I sniffle softly. I then hear shuffling, as if Andy's sitting up in bed and when he heard me sniffle, he knew something wasn't right.

"Faith? Hey. What's going on, honey? Why are you crying?" He asks. I wipe away my tears using my thumbs because I'm so used to Andy doing it when I cry, it felt strange.

"Had a really bad nightmare," I say in a small voice and I hear Andy sighing softly.

"Do you wanna talk about it, love?" He says, his voice soft and loving as I take a soft breath.

"This isn't like any other nightmare that I've had, Andy. I dreamt about the car accident that killed my parents." The tears begin falling down my cheeks again and the pain that I feel from losing my parents returns to me, jabbing my heart from the inside out.

"Sweetheart. Shh. You're okay," Andy's voice tones down into a soft whisper for only me to hear. "Everything's alright. I'm here."

"Your voice is here but you're physically not here Moonlight." I sob and Andy sighs again.

"Love. I can fix that," He says. "Let me talk to you on FaceTime. It'll make you feel better. Okay?"

"Okay." I sniffle as the line ends and then my phone goes off a few moments later, telling me Andy's FaceTiming me and I click on the button to accept the call and when Andy sees me, his eyes soften with sadness because he can see how red my eyes are from crying.

"I'm here now, my love. Everything's okay now. No more tears." Andy murmurs, as he sets his phone down on the opposite side of his pillow and I see that he's laying in his bunk on the bus. I sniffle again and nod at him. "You've never really told me what happened to your parents, love, I know they died in a car accident."

Even though it pains me whenever I try to bring this up, I take a deep and long breath before I speak.

"It was a drunk driving accident," I begin. "Jayde, our parents and I were coming home from seeing a movie and having dinner when another car collided with us and caused the car to flip over. Jayde and I were pinned inside the car. When I came to, I see that my mom had been launched through the windshield and s-she wasn't breathing or had a pulse and I got Jayde and myself out of the car. I managed to pick my sister up and carry her onto the road and I could see my dad, he had been thrown into a ditch about twenty feet from us. All I remember doing is going to find help. It was the most difficult thing I ever went through in my life, losing my parents at such a young age and having to live in foster homes because there were no one that could take us in. Which is why I started partying and doing things I regret doing, until Bam and Rob got me off the streets."

The tears fell down my face and Andy's eyes soften with sympathy for what I went through and he takes a soft breath.

"Oh, honey. I literally cannot imagine what that must've been like," Andy murmurs. "Losing your parents like that. But the fact that you've somehow gotten through such horrible tragedy and stayed so strong is one of the reasons why I love you, darling. Your strength also keeps me strong too. I always look at you and I get inspired by the fact that you're like me, a fighter and a survivor."

My heart melts at Andy's sweet and kind words and I wipe away my tears and I curl back up into the pillows with my phone on its side so that I can see him.

"You're too good to me, Light," I whisper. "I miss you. I wish you were home with me."

"I miss you too, my Faith." His voice is gentle and loving and his eyes darken a little with loneliness. Oh, whatever does it take for me to not reach through the screen and pull him back here with me? "But I'll be home soon, baby. I'll be back before you even know it."

I nod as seeing him helps soothe the ache in my chest down to a dull pain again.

"Now I'm scared to go back to sleep again," I say and Andy chuckles softly.

"Well, you don't have to if you don't want to," Andy says. "We can stay up and talk because I've missed seeing your face since the last time we talked."

And that's what we do, we talk and laugh and joke around with each other, it makes me feel better for about a few hours. I then check the clock in our room and it's almost 3am. I yawn loudly and he gives me a rather amused but cute smile.

"Go to sleep, sweetheart," Andy says.

"I can't, Light," I say as my eyes fill with tears. "I'm so afraid of having another nightmare happen tonight."

"Shh. Baby," Andy murmurs. "They won't bother you. I won't ever let anything bad happen to you. I promise."

"Can you sing to me?" I ask in a small voice and Andy nods at me.

"Of course, I will." Andy takes a breath and he starts to sing to me. He sings my song that he wrote for me, which is Paint It Black.

There's something so amazing about the way he sings me to sleep every night. He keeps his voice soft and intimate, and it radiates more of a comforting feel for me. That he knows that his voice will drive away anything that harms me, whether it's physical or not. I curl up into the pillow the way that I do with his chest and I close my eyes and I feel my body relax.

"Get some sleep, Faith," I hear Andy's voice speak softly and gently. "I love you so much, Lacey. More than you'll ever know. If you need me, I'm only just a phone call away."

I nod and the call ends as I sink into a deep sleep. The next morning, I'm back in the studio prepping with my band- discussing the first single that should be released from our new upcoming record which should be out in the upcoming fall. We decide on 'Take Me Down' as our first single and we set to release it on IHeartRadio on July 14th and then put it on Itunes and Spotify a few days before the Alternative Press Awards. We're all so very anxious and excited to hear what the fans think of the new song. 'Take Me Down' has more of a bluesy and soulful vibe to it as well and it tells the story of the crossroads in the Mississippi Delta where I heard that a musician made a pact with the devil for fame, glory, and greatness.

Later on that night, I get ready to pack a light bag because I'm going to be joining Andy for his last few Andy Black shows for the US leg of the Homecoming Tour. I'm very excited because I get to see Andy soon. My heart is racing out of my chest as I pack and as I do, I notice that Andy had posted again on Instagram and when I open Instagram, my heart melts. Andy went and got my name tattooed on him again as well as another Bengals tattoo which causes me to roll my eyes in amusement. I then decide to leave a comment on his photo post:

thelaceyblackburn: I love and miss you so much, Moonlight.

I pack about three outfits- a blood red crop top and black faux leather leggings, a silver sequined tank top and a pair of black skinny jeans and the outfit I'm wearing tomorrow which is a black tanktop that has fishnet on the bottom (very similar to Andy's outfit in the Heart of Fire music video), and a pair of ripped leggings. I bring my Faith and my crescent moon necklace, my cross, and crescent moon rings and my Iron Fist 'Night Walker' boots that have bat wings on them and I also bring my Kat Von D make up stuff as well.

I also have 'Take Me Down' on my phone so Andy can hear it. I then make dinner for Blayde and we head upstairs and snuggle in mine and Andy's bed. Blayde misses her dad a lot when he's away on tour, little does she know that he'll be here tomorrow.

A few days later, I wake up to a text message on my phone. I sit up and stretch, making sure I don't wake Blayde and the cats up in the process. I then slowly get out of bed and I open the message. It's from Andy.

Good morning, my beautiful and perfect Faith. Come outside, the bus is waiting for you, honey.

I then reply, telling Andy that we'll be out in fifteen minutes and I get Blayde up before I change into my outfit of the black tank top with the fishnet on the bottom half, my ripped black leggings, my Iron Fist boots, my Faith necklace, my crescent moon and cross rings and my gold cross dangled earrings. I wear black and silver eye shadow, silver eyeliner and oxblood lips. I then get Blayde up and dress her in her red dress and black flats and put her hair up in a ponytail, like mine is. I also pack a light bag for her too.

After I lock the house up and I check to see if the cats have enough food and water, Blayde and I walk out and we see that Andy's bus has pulled up to the house. I grin brightly as I walk up to the door and I knock on it. A few moments later, the door opens and I see my Light. Andy is wearing his Bengals shirt and a pair of jeans and boots, a pair of sunglasses as well. He smiles brightly at me as he walks down the steps to me.

"Hello, my beautiful Faith," Andy's voice makes me shiver as he moves closer to me. I smile and slip my arms around his neck and he rests his arms around my waist, he takes that second to rest his forehead up against mine and close his warm ice blue eyes before he decides to lift me up off the ground and I laugh.

"Hi, my Moonlight," I murmur as he kisses me softly and tenderly, I take that moment to knot my fingers in his hair and the grip he has around me tightens slightly as he sets me down. We both hear Blayde's disgust and we both laugh at her before Andy lifts Blayde up and she squeals as he spins her around, it makes me giggle. He stops and just hugs her.

"We missed you, daddy. Mommy especially missed you the most." Blayde says as she looks at me and Andy walks back over to me.

"Is that true?" Andy says. I nod my head and he sets Blayde down on her feet. He hugs me again and I let his comforting smell come to my senses.

"I've missed you too, sweetheart." Andy whispers in my ear, a chill of pleasure runs down my body, causing me to shiver. He chuckles as he kisses my forehead and he ruffles Blayde's hair, making her giggle. "And I've missed you, little monster."

"No more nightmares?" Andy then asks as our eyes meet each other and I shake my head, he smiles. "Good."

We all head inside the bus and we get settled as the bus takes a drive from LA to San Diego. As we do, I settle in Andy's arms and I just snuggle to him because I missed him. His fingers lightly run through my hair in a comforting and gentle motion and as we're curled up into each other, I decide to let my song 'Take Me Down' play as we're in his bunk. The song catches Andy's attention and he listens intently as his arms tighten around me for a moment and he nods along to the beat of the song and I giggle into his skin. After it ends, he kisses me softly.

"That song is amazing, sweetheart," Andy murmurs. I grin and rest my arms around his neck and rest my head on his collarbone.

"I'm glad you like it, Light," I whisper. "My band and I have been really hard on this record. It's nothing like we've ever done before."

"I can tell. That song had more of a bluesy and soulful feel to it than the other songs I've heard from your band," Andy says, as he rubs my shoulder. "I'm proud of you for taking a different approach to your music. Good job, baby."

"Thanks, babe." He pecks my lips before we're alerted that we've arrived at the venue. Andy plays his set that night and I even come up on stage and sing my vocal parts to 'Drown Me Out' and 'Homecoming King'. And it becomes a continuous cycle throughout the last final stops of his tour.

A few days after, we return home. As we walk inside our home and are greeted by the cats and Blayde goes to put her stuff away in her room and plays with the cats, I turn to Andy.

Andy's eyes are full of love but they have a spark of lust in them, as do mine. I always miss him when he's away- the physical attachment that my body has to his, we have such a bond that it hurts us whenever we have to part from each other, whether it's me or him going on tour, we just can't stand being away from each other.

"Moonlight," I murmur and I just watch as he moves closer to me and he rests his arms around my waist. He then rests his head against mine and he closes his eyes. I wrap my arms around him and I sink my hands in his hair.

"You have no idea how much I've missed you, my Faith," Andy murmurs, as his hand cups my cheek. "I've craved for your touch and affection so much, it hurt me halfway through this tour cycle. But whenever I come home or we meet each other halfway, it makes it all worth it."

I melt to a point that Andy has to catch me or else I'd fall to the floor and he just chuckles as he holds me steady in his arms.

"I've missed you too, my Moonlight," I whisper. "It always leaves an empty space and a dull ache in my heart when you and I must part away from each other."

"But I always know when to fill that empty space and make that pain go away," Andy says, nuzzling gently into my throat and his nose ring brushes against my skin causing me to shiver.

We look at each other once more before Andy leans in and kisses me softly and tenderly. The kiss is loving and sweet with a hint of a need, a need to be close after being apart for a while. My body felt it too because I sink closer to him and he smiles in the kiss. I then squeal softly as Andy leans down to pick me up in his arms before leading me upstairs to our room. After he gets the door closed, he sets me down on our bed and I look up into his loving ice blue eyes and he smirks at me as he lightly drags his lips against mine, making me giggle before things get heavier. We then cuddle for the remainder of the night and watch movies.

A few days later, we fly out to Columbus, Ohio for the Alternative Press Music Awards. Andy, Blayde and I get settled in our hotel room and I start unpacking my dress, which is a Killstar dress with black and white stripes on one side and plain black on the other side. I also put my jewelry out and my makeup, which consists of black eyeshadow from Kat's Interstellar eyeshadow palette and a mix of 'Weirdo' and 'Unicorn Blood' lipsticks by Jeffree Star's cosmetics line. Both my band and Andy's Andy Black performances are tomorrow. My band and I plan on singing one song from each record. From 'Light Me Up', we chose 'Make Me Wanna Die', from 'Going To Hell', we chose 'Fucked Up World' and then we'll be doing 'Take Me Down' live from our new record.

The day of the awards, I was dressed in my dress and finishing up my makeup. I looked at myself in the mirror and I took a moment to just breathe and let whatever I was feeling mentally go. I had my hair teased to the side and I wore my 'Faith' necklace and my silver cross dangle earrings, crescent moon and cross rings and my Iron Fist boots with the bat wings on them. Andy, however, was dressed in a leopard print shirt and his jeans and boots and leather jacket. I then move around in front of the mirror and I let that deep breath go into a sigh. I then see a pair of hands rest on my shoulders and I see Andy's reflection.

"I look okay, right, Moonlight?" I ask as Andy rests his chin on my shoulder and he raises a brow.

"Are you joking or are you being serious Faith?" Andy murmurs and I shrug my shoulders as I shake my head. He then gets the hint and he turns me around so our eyes meet each other as he rests his forehead against mine. "If you want an honest answer, I'll give you one, Faith. You look so stunning that I'm going to be having trouble keeping my eyes or hands off of you."

I then offer him a small smile, it causes him to smile back at me before lightly brushing his lips against the bridge of my nose. He really knows how to use his words to get past what I feel inside and make me melt.

"You may be insecure and that's okay," Andy's voice softens as he cups my cheek. "But you need to know when to control it and feel more comfortable in your own skin Faith. You're so fucking beautiful, baby. You really are. And You are the one that stole my heart, scars, insecurities, nightmares and all. No one else steals my heart more than you do."

"I love you," I say. "You always know how to make any problem that I deal with better."

"I love you too," Andy kisses my lips softly for a moment. "Of course. Anything for you, honey. I'll see you out there on the red carpet, okay?"

I nod as he kisses my forehead and I walk out of the hotel room we're staying in. Andy's parents are gonna be watching Blayde while we're out tonight. I then hitch a ride to the red carpet for the Alternative Press awards. I get out and meet up with my bandmates and I meet fans along the way. I get pulled into a few interviews as well. I speak with Ash Costello and Keith from As I Lay Dying.

"So, tell us what you've been up to," Ash says and I grin brightly.

"Well, we just released our first single called Take Me Down," I say. "And we have a new record coming out in the fall."

"Tell us about Take Me Down," Ash asks.

"Well. Take Me Down came from a legend I heard about the crossroads in the Mississippi Delta," I begin. "About a musician who literally sold his soul to the devil for fame and greatness."

"That sounds incredible. It also sounds like an episode of Supernatural or something like that." Ash says laughing and I laugh too. As she was about to speak again, I then feel a pair of arms around my waist, causing me to gasp and jump and I see Andy, I turned my head to see that he was wanting a kiss. I peck his lips.

"Hey, Moonlight," I say. He smiles and he kisses my temple.

"Hey, sorry about interrupting your interview like that." Andy murmurs. "I just wanted to tell you that I'll see you inside."

I nod and he kisses my lips again before he walks off with John Feldmann, CC, Mikey Way and Quinn from The Used.

"Sorry about that," I tell them with a giggle. "Anyways. Moving on."

"Aww. You guys are too cute," Ash replies, squealing a little bit. "But, yeah, let's move on."

After the interview and the red carpet, Andy and I headed inside and we sat at our table with CC and John and Mikey and Quinn and with my bandmates. Throughout the night, CC won Best Drummer and Marilyn Manson got the Icon Award. Then came time for me and my band to hit the stage. We played 'Fucked Up World' then 'Make Me Wanna Die'. As the crowd cheered, I approached the microphone.

"Thank you. Our last song is off our new record coming out this fall," I say. "This is Take Me Down!"

My band starts playing the song and I approach the mic and take it off the stand and began to sing:

"Been waitin' at these crossroads

Forever and a day

On a guy to buy my soul

I spend all night and day

How much harder can I play

You know I gave my life to Rock n' Roll

Here we go

Momma begged me please

Yes she got down on her knees

Said 'You'll burn in that Mississippi sun'

But I'm the only one that's standing here

So Mama don't you have no fear

I'm either last or I've already won..."

I look out at the crowd and smile as they all are singing along or nodding along to my music.

"Take me down

Take me down

Take me down

Won't you take me down

Standing at the crossroads

A dried up pen in hand

The conversation went like this

'Tell me your desire why you pulled me from the fire

and we'll seal the deal with a kiss'

said 'I wanna raise the dead

Find a note that I can shred

On my walls I scrawl my gods

Don't care what happens when I die

As long as I'm alive

All I wanna do is rock, rock, rock

Take me down

Take me down

Take me down

Won't you take me down..."

My band pauses their sound for a moment and the crowd cheers and I get them all to clap their hands to the soulful beat of Take Me Down.

"Let me fucking hear you, Ohio!" I say and the cheers erupted loudly and I grin brightly.

"Oh, sign with the devil, sign with the devil, sign with the devil Oh!

Sign with the devil, sign with the devil, sign with the devil

Oh!

Sign with the devil, sign with the devil, sign with the devil

Oh, sign with the devil, sign with the devil

Take me down

Take me down

Take me down

Won't you take me down

Take me down

(Sign with the devil, sign with the devil, sign with the devil)

Take me down

(Sign with the devil, sign with the devil, sign with the devil, oh)

Won't you take me down

(Sign with the devil, sign with the devil, sign with the devil)..."

"Thank you, Alternative Press Awards! We are The Pretty Nightmare! Have a great fucking night!" I say as me and my band leaves the stage and I then head back down to the table, where Andy's waiting for me. I walk up and take my spot next to him and he gives me a kiss softly and sweetly. I smile and peck his lips again.

"Great show, Faith," Andy says. I smile and kiss him on the cheek.

"You two are such lovebirds," CC teases and I roll my eyes at him and Andy chuckles.

"Says the dude who's been practically making out with his girl the whole entire time." I retort, playfully and Andy laughs as kisses my forehead.

CC scoffs as he crosses his arms and I giggle at him.

"Anyways. Thanks, babe," I say and rest my head on Andy's shoulder and he rests his arm around my waist.

After my performance, I watch as Andy performs on stage with CC, John, Quinn and Mikey Way. They do 'Louder Than Your Love' and 'We Don't Have To Dance' and I find myself singing along to the songs.

After he got off stage, I greet him like he greeted me, with a kiss and my praise for how great his performance was. After the show, we head back to our hotel room and it doesn't even take Andy's singing to get me to sleep because I'm exhausted and out like a light in Andy's arms. With a few sweet kisses and a warm embrace, I fall asleep quickly without any pesky nightmares bothering me.

We then head home the next day and even though doing the Alternative Press Awards are always so much fun to do, I'm just excited to get back home and finish this record for the fans because they were in for a real treat.