Status: pretty well completed

Whirl Wind

First Wins, Loses & Workouts

What a rough game, we lost to the Islanders 6-3, I had scored 2 goals and an assist. But we didn't show up in the third period at all. 2 minutes left and down my one Steve Downie takes a slashing penalty, which the Islanders capitalize to score one more and then add an empty netter. I was frustrated beyond belief, I wanted to win for Charlotte. This was our first game as a couple, hell this was our first day as a couple. I didn't want her to meet all of the team tonight, especially after a loss but more because I figured she would get overwhelmed.

After all my interviews, I quickly got ready and said goodbye to the guys. When Steve Downie comes up to me, "Hey Sid, I'm really sorry about tonight. I got frustrated and wasn't thinking straight."

"It's okay Downs, I understand. They should have called the cross checking penalty against you. It happens, we will just get them next time."

"Thanks Sid, have a good night." He walks back to his stall.

"Head up Downs, don't beat yourself up."

I walk out of the dressing room and my eyes are looking everywhere for Charlie. Finally I find her talking to Vero, Flower's wife. Looks like she is going to meet Flower first. I smile and walk over to them and tangle my fingers with Charlie, kissing her cheek.

"Hey Vero, Flower should be out soon, he seemed pretty sad tonight."

"Well if that Okpopsiwhatever his name is stopped scoring, we could have won. I better go see him, it was nice meeting you Charlie. Call if you need anything, see you Sid." She hugs us both.

"So I see you met Vero." I kiss her gently. "Do you want to meet some of the guys tonight or we can tomorrow?"

"Tonight, some have left so it won't be as overwhelming."

"Okay lets go."

We walk in and I go first so I can tell if everyone was decent, they were. But some were sad, so I ask if anyone wants to meet my girlfriend. They all look up like I have three heads and some mumble yes. Geno comes up and asks me if I was okay from the game because he thought I hit my head. "Very funny guys but I do have a girlfriend, Charlie c'mere." I pull her inside and she looks so nervous. "Boys this is Charlotte, my girlfriend." She waves hi and people start one by one to come and meet her.

Flower is the first one. "Wow Sid, you better keep her on a leash from all the single boys in here. Pleasure to meet you Charlotte, Vero has already texted me that she loves you. So welcome to the team!"

Charlie laughs, and thanks him. Evgeni comes up next and bear hugs her. "I not believe Sid has girl, you beautiful. I Geno."

"Hi, you can call me Geno, great game today."

"Wow Sid you did good. I approve." Kris Letang says and shakes her hand. She meets the rest of the boys and they start to ask her if she plays hockey.

"Yeah I play for The Minnesota Blues, for the university. I play right wing."

"She leads the league in goals." I add, wanting to leave soon so we can go home and sleep.

"Any idea what you are going to do after University?" Kuni asks.

"No clue, maybe CWHL. I haven't really thought about it." She lied, we have bickered over it about 50 times already. I want her to keep playing, she doesn't want to play in the CWHL, she wants the NHL I can tell. But she won't tell me that.

"What are you studying?" Chris Adams asks, typical question from Harvard.

"Criminology." She smiles, "My mom is a lawyer, so it's my back up plan."

"Wow well I better head out it was night to meet you Charlotte." Kuni says and that starts the ripple effect, soon enough Charlie and I are on our way to the car. I put my bag in the back and we climb in my range rover.

"You had an outstanding game Sid. You are unreal." She smiles and I lean over to kiss her softly.

"Thank you, it sucked that we lost."

"I can't believe Steve Downie did that, that was a bullshit call, but I had never saw that before."

I lace my fingers with hers and start to drive home. "I know he can have a bad temper, he apologized to me after the game though. I wish I could have won for you."

She reaches over and pulls lightly on my hair on the back of my neck, "I had never seen you play that well before in person, you were flying."

I smile and kiss her hand. "Even after a loss, I still win."

She laughs "That was sooooo cheesy!" I laugh with her, "Hey I was wondering od you have like a gym around here where I can workout in tomorrow?"

"Babe I have a home gym." I chuckle a little.

"Seriously? Wow that would be awesome!!"

"What kind of equipment do you need though?"

"Just like some weights, and a spot to do sit ups and core workouts. Would I be able to go for a run like down you road?"

"I have all that, and I have a treadmill if you want to stay inside instead. But yes I will go with you."

"You better not slow me down." She laughs and I can't help but smile. She is the cutest girl in the world.

"I won't , just a light one though? I might be a little sore."

"I can give you a massage tonight? I have taken a course with Kath so we could help each other."

"I'd looove that." I smile and turn into my drive way, getting my bag out and walking up to my house. I open the door and Charlie and I head up to my room. "You looked beautiful tonight, but I think my jersey would have looked better." She was wearing a plaid shirt and leggings and she curled her hair. She looks like a goddess, and she is all mine.

She laughs. "Next game I promise, now I am so tired. Where's my room?"

I walk over to her and wrap my arms around her, "Please sleep with me. I want to hold you, we only have three nights together."

"Just sleeping? I know we haven't talked about it yet, but I want to wait, I know that it is hard with our schedules and we won't see each other a lot, but it's too early for us right now. I'm not ready yet."

I kiss her neck lightly. "I understand, I'm not going to pressure you or anything. When you're ready, tell me. Now lets cuddle and sleep." I start to unbutton my shirt while Charlie uses the bathroom. "Babe need a shirt?"

"To sleep in? Uh sure!"

I jump up and down and I give her one of my favourites. I leave it on the bed and turn on my tv and climb into bed. A couple minutes later, Charlie climbs into bed in my shirt and I just want to grab her and kiss her everywhere. "You're so beautiful." I pull her into my lap and kiss her.

She laughs and kisses me back and then nuzzles her head into my neck. I have gotten used to that, I think it makes her feel protected. Or she does it when she's embarrassed. She lays on top of me until I turn the tv off and we get ready for bed, I wrap my arms around her stomach being the big spoon. I fall asleep smelling her hair. This day was the best day of my life.

____

After one of the best sleeps I have ever had, Charlie and I wake up and we go for a run, and a little workout in my home gym. Charlie is getting more great every minute I spend with her, she could have beat me in the run today if it was a race and now we are in the gym, she is on the bike with no shirt on. Her stomach is so toned and she has a very visible six pack.

"Water or gatorade babe?" I ask her while taking a break and heading up to get us more to drink.

"Water please." She smiles at me and hops off the bike before heading to do some more weights. This girl must be bionic because she doesn't stop. I head upstairs to get her a water and me another gatorade. When I hear a different ringtone, it must be Charlie's.

"Charlie, I think your phone is ringing." Just after she burst through the door, I laugh a little. She is shirtless in little nike pros, running through my house. She answers her phone and I walk over to you and wrap by arms around her hugging her.

"Sid I'm sweaty" she whispers.

"And you stink." I whisper back.

Charlie on the phone, "Hey Mom, what's up?"

"I'm in Pittsburgh for a couple of days."

She looks up at me with a nervous look, and I can't read what she's saying.

"I'm with Taylor, we both have this reading week. We came to visit her brother." I don't know if I should be sad or relieved she didn't tell her mother yet. I'm kind of relieved because we haven't talked about all that yet. We need to though. Charlie and her mom talk for a little bit longer before they say their goodbyes. By that time I'm watching Sportcentre in the living room.

"You aren't mad, are you? She walks over to me and grabs my hand lightly.

"What, no I'm not. We haven't talked about our families and telling them yet."

"I didn't know what to do, I kind of panicked. You showed me most of your team last night and I thought maybe I had to do it to my mom too."

"C'mere." I try to pull her to me but she kind of backs up. "I don't care that you're sweaty, I want to hold you." She smiles and crawls into my lap. I kiss her sweetly. "We can wait until you're ready for us to tell our parents, I know mine will be supportive of us. They already know you, Taylor might have told my mom already."

"It's not that my parents won't be supportive, I know they will. It's just you will be my first boyfriend that I tell my parents about."

"You've never told your parents you were dating someone?" I rub her back.

"There just wasn't the boy who was special enough, until now." She kisses me and I smile. "So whats the plan for today?"

"I am going to take my beautiful girlfriend out on a date."

She gets all excited and I can't help but laugh. "Where are we going?"

"Not telling." I kiss her soft lips again, I could stay here all day, kissing her. She always smells like vanilla and it is intoxicating. "Now go shower, I can't handle your smell." I kiss her one last time.

"Jerk."