Status: pretty well completed

Whirl Wind

Don't Go

I wake up to a empty bed and wonder where Charlie went. Pulling on some lounge pants, I walk downstairs to try and find my beautiful girlfriend. Walking into the kitchen, I see her dancing around listening to her iPhone thats plugged into my dock. Laughing I sneak up behind her and wrap my arms around her singing the next line of lyrics to the song Riptide. “I love you when you're singing that song and I got a lump in my throat cause you're going to sing the words wrong.” She can’t stop laughing and sways her hips along with mine to the beat of the music. She slowly moves over to the stove with me holding onto her and checks the turkey bacon that is sizzling in the pan. The song changes and she finally says something to me. “How did you even know that song?” She asks me.

“I don’t live under a rock you know.”

“I thought you listen to rap songs to pump you up.” She looks at me sheepishly.

I shake my head at her. “I’m a country kind of person. I like rock too, but I guess I heard that song on the radio or something.” I smile at her and kiss her cheek.

“Turkey bacon?” She offers me as I stick out my plate.

“Why thank you babe.” I kiss her cheek. “So are you excited to get back to Minny tomorrow with the team?” I don’t want her to leave.

“I guess, I mean I miss being on the ice for almost 4 hours a day but I don’t want to leave here. I love Pittsburgh already.” She says.

I smile at her. “I love having you here, but I am excited for you to be back playing. I feel like you are happier on the ice.”

“Its definitely is my happy place, but others things make me happy too.” She nudges my leg. “Like you.”

“I’m going to miss you so much.” I smile sadly at her.

“I going to miss you too. We’ll be okay though.” I nod. “Now what time is your morning skate? Do you need me to get you anything or like wash clothes?”

“You are officially the best girlfriend ever, do you mind washing some of my darks so I can take them on our road trip on Friday?” She nods. I walk over to her and give her a quick peck on the lips. “I will do anything you want for you.” She smirks and we both start laughing. I kiss her gently and after awhile I slowly, reluctantly pull away. “I better get ready. I will do the dishes when I get home okay?” I kiss her quickly.

I head upstairs to get dressed and I can hear Charlie playing around in the kitchen. I hear her walk up the stairs and into my bedroom. “What time will you be back?” She asks me.

“Probably around 1ish. Why?”

“Just wondering. I think i’m going to work out, do your laundry, then watch grey’s.”

I smile and think to myself that I can see Charlie living with me and having the same routine but I get confused when she says watch grey’s. “Babe, what’s Grey’s?” I chuckle a little.

“Sidney Patrick I hope you didn’t just ask that.”

I laugh to myself. “I did.”

“Grey’s Anatomy?? McDreamy? McSteamy? Meredith and Christina?”

I shake my head nervously.

“Well I know what we are doing when you get home.”

I groan. “But babeeeee.”

“Sidney, no. That’s final. I can’t believe my boyfriend has no clue what Grey’s Anatomy is!” She’s so serious.

“You realize I’m going to just fall asleep during it right?”

“One episode, for meeee.” She wines and sticks out her bottom lip.

“You’re pure evil when you go all puppy dog face on me.”

She laughs and kisses my cheek before she walks into the closet to change into her workout clothes.

“Char, sweetheart I’m leaving.”

“Wait.” She runs out in her nike pros and sports bra. “A goodbye kiss.” She kisses me gently and slowly, man her lips were intoxicating. I have to find the strength in myself to pull away from her and grab my coat.

“Don’t hurt yourself in the gym okay?”

She nods and responds “Be safe.” One last peck on the lips and I’m out the door and on my way to practice.
**
“So Sid ‘ow was your date last night?” Flower asks me while walking into the arena.

“Really good.” I smile. “We had dinner here then had a shootout competition. She won.”

“Got beat by your girlfriend eh?” Kuni says.

“Barely.” I lie and laugh a little.

“Don’t lie Sid, she kick you ass.” Geno laughs from behind me.

“Whatever G.” We get our gear on and head out to the ice. We start to practice and it a laid back skate. After Mario calls me into his office and I figure its just about tonight’s game.

“Hey Sid, sit down.” Mario smiles at me and motions for me to sit down.

“Mario, how are you?”

“Good, you?”

“Very good. Ready for tonight.” I smile.

“Thats good Sid. I called you in here because I want to talk about a rumour.”

I nod. I know it’s about Charlie.

“Do you have a girlfriend?”

“Yes.”

“Whats she like?”

“She plays hockey in Minnesota, she’s a friend of Tay’s.”

“So you don’t see each other often?”

“Well no we won’t, we just started dating. She flew down on Monday and leaves tomorrow.”

“Have you had the talk about your lifestyle? You are the face of not only this team but the hockey world. Does she know that you are busy.”

I respect Mario with everything I have, he has done so much for me. “I know but she is one of my sister’s best friends. Do you remember how you felt when you first met Nathalie? She is really special to me and I trust her.”

“Okay Sid, I believe you but be careful.”

“Thank you Mario, do you want to meet her tonight?”

“Sure, will she be in the box?”

“I’m trying to get her to sit in the box, so hopefully.” He nods. “Well I better get home and get ready for tonight. I will see you there.” I shake his hand and head home.

**
“Babe… Where are you?” I shout through my house.

“Bedroom.” She calls back.

I walk up to the room and find her laying in my bed watching a show on the tv. I crawl into bed with her and give her a quick kiss before wrapping my arms around her.

“How was practice?” she mumbles.

“Good, I talked to Mario after practice. He says he wants to meet you tonight.”

“The Mario Lemieux???” she turns to look at me.

“Yes, that Mario.”

“Uhh okay.”

I kiss her cheek, I can tell she’s nervous. “Don’t worry, he’ll love you.”

“He is like another father to you. What if he thinks that I’m distracting you? Can he tell you to break up with me?” She’s panicking.

“Char… shh babe. Anything he tells me, won’t change my feelings about you or us.” She kisses me hard like this is our last kiss. I cup her face and kiss her back, she rolls on top of me. I break our kiss and kiss her neck lightly, trying to calm both of us down. After awhile with Charlie laying on my chest, we turn our attention to the tv. “Is this Grey’s Anatomy?” I ask. She nods and starts to tell me all about the show. We watch one episode which was fairly good but of what I understood about it, before falling asleep.

Before I know it, my alarm is going off and I have to slip out of bed. I kiss Charlie on the head and go into the bathroom to shower. Getting out I tiptoe over to the bed and gently wake Charlie up so she can get ready. “Sweetheart, it’s time to get ready.”

Half an hour later we are out the door and on our way to Consol and soon enough it’s game time and Charlie is in the WAGS box. We are playing Detroit tonight.

**
We end up winning 4-1 which the boys were very happy about, especially me. I wrap up my interviews quickly, so I don’t keep Charlie waiting. I find her outside the locker room talking to Tanger’s girlfriend Catherine and holding their son, Alexander’s hand. I walk over to them an kiss her cheek and saying hello to Catherine and tickles Alex. Kris walks out and Alex immediately sees him and runs to his dad. I wrap my arm around Charlie’s back. We talk with Catherine and Kris for awhile before they decide to head out. Soon enough we are with Mario, talking about the game over dinner.

“So Charlotte, Sid told me you play hockey?” Mario asks.

“Yes, I play for my Minnesota University.”

“How’s your season going?”

“Really good, we are in first place. My captain leads in assists, I lead in scoring.”

“Very impressive. Are you from America?”

“Thank you. I’m Canadian, but I was born In England. I live in Huntsville.”

“So is Pittsburgh your favourite team?”

“She’s a habs fan.” I say for her. She blushes.

“Just like Sid, don’t worry we will convert you.” He smiles at me. We laugh at finish our dinner before Sid and I start heading home.

“I didn’t get to tell you how well you played. You were amazing babe.” She smiles at me and kisses my hand.

“Thank you, it seems like Mario likes you. I told you.” I smirk.

“Okay know-it-all.” She laughs. “Oh I forgot to tell you that I did do you laundry, its all ready for next week.”

“Thank you so much, you’re perfect.”

“Your welcome.”

“I can’t believe you leave tomorrow.” I sigh.

“Don’t be so sad.” She kisses my hand again.

“I’m trying not to be, but I love having you here.” I squeeze her hand lightly. I turn into my drive way and turn off the car. Leaning across the console, I kiss Charlie gently. We get out and head inside. I yawn on the way in.

“Tired Sid?” She laughs.

“Very. Can we watch a movie or something? You can pick.” I kiss her cheek. We crawl into bed and Charlie turns on the movie Dear John, I have heard Taylor talk about it but never watched it. I cuddled up to Charlie and started watching, soon enough Charlie’s breath evened out. “You’re so beautiful.” I whisper looking at her asleep peacefully. I am running my fingers through her hair. I don’t want her to leave.