Status: pretty well completed

Whirl Wind

Knock on the Door

“Charlie! Uh these are for you!” Kath yells from the living room. Walking out of my room, I see a dozen roses in a vase. I knew who they were from, Sid. It’s now middle of February and it has been almost a month since I have seen my boyfriend, I miss him so much. I blush and read the card.

‘I don’t now if you like roses or not, but I sure like you. Happy Valentine’s day babe, I miss you so much. p.s Happy early one month. <3 -Sid.’

I take a picture of the card and the roses and sent it to Sid. ‘Thank you so much, I love them. Happy valentines day <3’. A couple minutes later I hear my phone ring and its Sid wanting to facetime.

“Hey Babe. How are you?” I ask.

“Hi beautiful. Im good, a little tired. You?”

“Good.” I smile.

“Do you like the flowers?”

“I love them, thank you so much.”

“Your welcome. So what are you doing?”

“Making some dinner for Kath and Riley. What about you?”

“I just finished making some steak. Geno was over earlier and we were watching some highlights.”

Kath walks in the kitchen and immediately walks to my phone. “There’s my favourite little Penguin.” She laughs.

“How are you Kath?” He laughs.

“I’m good but your girlfriend has been missing you. She loved the roses, you’re welcome.”

“I miss her too. Thank you for your help.” Sid says.

“You were in on this?” I ask Kath.

“I helped, Sid did most of the work.” She smiles and Riley walks in and says hello to Sid. I walk over to the stove as Riley, Kath, and Sid are talking about some hockey. “So Sid when is your next game in Minnesota?” Kath asks. I already know the answer to that, there isn’t.
“Um we don’t have one.” Sid says and I can hear him sigh on his end of the facetime.

“Oh! Well I’m sure that won’t be a problem for you too. We will just have to come visit Pittsburgh.”

“Yeah.” he smiles at Kath and I finish up making our dinner. Riley and Kath go set the table and Sid and I get to talk alone again.

“What’s cookin’ good lookin’?” He smirks at me.

I laugh. “Just some pasta with Alfredo sauce. Nothing special.”

“So chef Charlie?” He smiles and I study his face on facetime.

“I miss your smile, it makes me laugh when you smile so much you can’t see your eyes.”

His smile goes even wider, and now his eyes are slits. He blows me a kiss. “I miss how good you are with words babe.” I laugh. “So call be back after you are done dinner?” He asks. I nod and hang up.

We are just sitting down for dinner when there is a knock on my door. I quickly get up and walk to see who was the one not letting me eat et. I open the door and I scream. It’s Sidney. I jump into his arms and he carries me inside and closes the door. “Surprise babygirl. ” He whispers in my ear. I hold his face in my hands and look at him for awhile, not wanting this to be a dream. I kiss him, missing being able to do this every time I wanted. He slowly put me back on the ground without our lips breaking. Sid pushes his hands in my hair before we break apart with huge smiles on our faces.

“What are you doing here?” I ask.

“I’m only here for tonight, I have to go back to Pittsburgh tomorrow for a game. I wanted to surprise you for valentine’s day.”

I smile so wide. “I-I love you.” I blush and start to look down.

He lightly pushes my face back up to meet his eyes. “I love you too.” I hide my face in his neck. “I wanted to say it first.” He pouts a little. I grab his hand and walk into the dining room where Kath and Riley are almost done eating. “Hey guys.” Sid says. He hugs Kath and shakes Riley’s hand. “So is it okay if I take this girl off your hands for tonight?” He asks them. I look at him with a confused look on my face. They nod and he takes my hand and I lead him to my room.

“What are you talking about?” I ask him.

“We are going on a date, be ready in 45 minutes.” He kisses my cheek.

“But come in my room and help me get ready.” I grab his hand and walk into my room. There is a long sleeve black skater dress laying on my bed and some nude flats. “Did you do this?” I look at him.

“Kath picked out the clothes. But yeah.”

“Thank you so much.” I kiss him lightly before slipping into the bathroom and into my dress. I curl my hair quickly and lightly apply some makeup. Soon enough I’m ready to go. Sid has changed into a bottom down and some jeans. I smile at him and wrap my arms around his neck. “I missed you so much.”

He kisses me gently. “I missed you more.” He pokes my sides, making me squirm a little. “You’re honestly the most beautiful girl I have ever seen.” He looks me up and down. “I’m a pretty luck guy.” He smirks.

“Oh shush. Are you staying here in my bed tonight?” I ask.

“I got a hotel room for us, I figured we could leave Kath and Riley alone for the night. That’s so nice of you to make them dinner though.” He winks.

“I can’t believe I didn’t get any, but okay that sounds fun.” I smile at him and nuzzle my face in his neck.

“Ready to go?” He asks rubbing my back. I nod and we grab our coats saying goodbye to Kath and Riley on the way out. I hold out my hand for him to hold and lead him our to my car.

“How did you even get to my apartment?” I ask while getting into the car.

“I took a taxi. I’m sorry you have to drive.”

“It’s different, I like it.” I smile at him and start the car. “So where to?”

“Back to my hotel room. I figured you just wanted it to be just us two tonight, not surrounded by every other loving couple in the city.” I laugh and feel Sid’s hand on my thigh. We turn into his hotel parking lot and jump out of the car and hurry into the room. “It’s so cold here.”

“C’mon Canadian boy, I thought you were used to this.” I smirk.

“I am, but it’s still cold!”

We get to Sid’s room and we open the door to rose petals and candles all around the room. I gasp and cover my mouth. Sidney just smiles and leads me to the table set in the middle of the room. There is a heart shaped pizza on the table and I chuckle a bit.

“Pizza was the first thing we eat together, so it’s basically a tradition.” He smiles at me and pours me some juice from the pitcher.

“I have a present for you.” I smile and go to my purse where there is his present. I walk back and hand him the perfectly wrapped present.

“Babe, you didn’t have to.” He looks at me and I tell him to open it. He slowly does and it reveals the picture of us after a game of Sid’s and he is kissing my cheek, we are both smiling. I put it in a frame with a little pink heart on the bottom corner.

“I don’t know who took it, I found it on the internet and printed it off. I have one on my desk at home, and it’s my phone background.” I smile sheepishly.

“I love it, thank you.” He kisses my hand. “Now it’s my turn.”

“You coming here is enough.” He hands me this card and I open it and inside the card says I love you so much. And then my eyes land on two tickets. I squeal out loud, ED SHEERAN.

“Babe, you didn’t.”

“I knew he was your favourite, and I think his music too so it’s a win win.”

“There are floor seats.”

He nods. “I know Char.”

“I love you.” I wrap my arms around him.

“So you like them?” He smirks. “I love youuuu.” He kisses me softly before we finish our dinner.

“So Char, I told my parents about you.”

“I told mine about you too.”

“And they’re okay with it?”

I nod. “They seemed to have been, but they want to meet you. My dad is a pretty big fan and He can’t wrap his head around that I’m dating you. Are yours?”

“My mom is, she already loves you. And my dad at first was kind of timid, but he knows you and likes you so yeah they are okay with it. Tay misses you.”

“I miss her too, and that’s such a relief.” I smile nervously.

“You had nothing to worry about.”

“Okay. Can we watch a movie?” I ask him.

“Yeah but do you want something comfier to be in?”

“Do you have one of your sweater’ssss?” I smirk, I already have one at home but I loved them.
He walks over to his suitcase and takes out a property of pittsburgh penguins sweater with the number 87 on the sleeve. “Here.” He smiles at me. I take off my flats and take off my dress a little slow, not wanting to rip it or anything. I put it on and it covers my butt so I don’t need any pants on, perfect. I crawl onto the bed as Sid is looking through the tv for something. “What about this? It’s called “What If”.”

“Sure, hey look it has the guy from Harry Potter in it!” I say laughing a little.

“Charlie Lloyd please tell me who know what his name is, it’s Daniel Radcliffe!”

I blush a little. “I knew that.”

“Uh huh, yep you did.” He crawls onto the bed and almost on top of me. He leans down to kiss me but instead he starts tickling me.

I scream and squeal and try to move but Sid is holding me down. “Babe, stop.” He tickles me harder. “Babe, please.” Doesn’t stop. “Ow ow ow my ribs. Sidddd.” I wine, he stops immediately.

“I’m sorry baby, are you okay?” He asks searching my face for an answer.

“No.” I pout and sit up.

“I’m sorry sweetheart.” He pushes some of my hair out of my face.

I smirk and jump on him. “Gotcha!!” I sit on top of him and tickle him until we both get tired.

I wrap my arms around his neck and snuggle up to him. I kiss his neck nightly and he takes one of his hands off my waist to gently pull my face to his. I missed him, I missed his kisses. We lay in bed for the rest of the night, kissing each other because in 24 hours, we wouldn’t be.