Status: pretty well completed

Whirl Wind

Phone Calls

Long road trips are the worst. You basically live in a hotel, and are not in your own bed. I am kind of in a bad mood so I decide to call Charlie, hoping that she cheers me up. I haven't seen her since I surprised at Valentine's day which was almost a month ago. She was busy with school and hockey was almost done, but later in April she would be coming to stay with me for a while during the playoffs.

"Hello?"

"Hey Char."

"Sid!"

"What are you doing love?" I smile, she already has me in a better mood.

"A little homework before bed. What about you?"

"Laying in bed, missing you."

"I miss you too, is everything alright?"

"Yeah, I was in a little mood so I wanted you to make me feel better."

"Aw, well I hope I am doing that. What do you want to talk about?"

"Do you want to go on a trip during the offseason?"

"Why are you thinking about the offseason already?"

"So is that a no?"

"No, it's a yes but you need to stay focused on playoffs Sid."

"I know and I am, but I just want to talk about others things that my hockey right now."

"Okay, well where did you us to go?"

"I thought it would be really cool to go to Greece, maybe. But also I want to like help out in Africa or The Dominican Republic."

"They both sound like really cool ideas babe. But how are you going to pick?"

"Well I was thinking ten days in Greece with my family and then we come home to Canada or something. Then go to the Dominican Republic for five days. What do you think Char?"

"That sounds unreal."

"It might be just the stress talking, I'm not sure yet."

"That's okay. We can talk about it more later on."

"Yeah, so how was your night?"

"Good, Kath and I actually facetimed your sister."

"Well how was that?" I chuckle.

"It was good catching up. She said you haven't talk to her in a while?"

"Yeah, we kind of got into a argument."

"Sid."

"I know, I know. I should apologize but I haven't had to time to call, or figure what I'm going to say."

"What are you two fighting about?"

"It's really stupid Char."

"Sidney Patrick tell me."

"You're so cute when you get mad."

"Stop changing the subject."

"I usually FaceTime or Skype Tay once a week, and I hadn't in over a month. So she got mad at me. When I told her sometimes she needs to understand my lifestyle, she yelled saying something like but your my brother and hung up. That was two weeks ago."

"You haven't talked to her in two weeks?"

"I've texted her apologizing but she hasn't responded. I have put the effort in but now I need to focus on the playoffs, so I can't call her constantly like she wants me to."

"How about tomorrow right after morning skate you call her and work things out. Then you get your head into the game for tomorrow?"

"Okay, I will."

"Good. Now I'm getting tired, I'm sorry but I like I have to go to bed."

"I should get some sleep too, every though it is only 9."

"I miss you."

"I miss you too babe."

"I can't wait to see you." I hear her sniffle.

"I love you beyond words. Please don't cry beautiful."

"I love you Siddy." She sniffles again.

"I know this is hard, but its worth it baby."

"I just want to take forever off and live with you."

"Well you graduate this year, and then you can come live with me. But hockey comes first so it might not happen next year."

"Why do you always know what to say?"

"Captain perks."

She laughs. "So skype me tomorrow."

"It will be really late. We agreed to go out after win or lose."

"I will wait up."

"Okay well sweetheart I better let you go."

"Remember to call your sister, okay?"

"I promise, go to bed."

"Goodluck tomorrow."

"Love you Char."

"Love you too."

_____

"Taylor pick up." I groan into the phone. Today in morning skate, we worked a lot on our power play and I don't have the patience to play phone tag with my sister.

"Hello?" It's Taylor.

"Taylor." I breath out.

"Hi Sidney."

"Look can we talk about things? Do you have time?"

"You have five minutes tops."

"Look Tay I'm sorry I haven't called and I broke my promise but things got rough there was a road trip and mini road trips and I went to Minny to see Char."

"Yeah I heard about that, so romantic!"

"Are you even mad that I didn't call or that I went to see my girlfriend?"

"Sid I hadn't spoken to you for a month, my brother a month without talking."

"I apologize but also Charlie is apart of my life, you are the one that set us up. Why are you getting all jealous?"

"You didn't call!!"

"Yes I did!!" I yell back. I need to go to my car if we are going to yell some more.

"No Sid you didn't. Not a voicemail, call, text. No thing."

"What are you talking about? I called and left you a voicemail stop being stupid."

"How many times? The one time?"

"Which you didn't respond! Okay I only called you once but I have a life, a frigging hockey career. A now that I have a girlfriend I have to manage my time differently. You know how it is around playoff time, we want the best position possible and right now we aren't there."

"I know I have been watching the standings."

"Well I'm under a lot of stress and usually my sister would help but she wouldn't talk to me and my girlfriend has not had practice with helping me."

"Sid she knows the stress of playoffs, she is in the NCAA. They lead the league, she does in scoring. What if one night she doesn't score or plays bad. She's like us, thats why I knew you two would be perfect together, you get each other."

"I'm sorry about everything Tay."

"I'm sorry too Sid."

"Love you little sis."

"Love you too big bro, I better go. Good luck tonight."

"Bye."

Well that was a bizarre conversation, I guess the anger of not being able to talk to Charlie about the playoffs flew out of my mouth. Gosh I'm so stupid, why wouldn't Charlie know what its like? Why am I so selfish all the time?

____

We played so good tonight earning us a win in L.A, now we are going out for a bit and then back to the hotel it is. A shutout for Flower and a overtime game winner for Hornqvist.
"Great game boys, well deserved win." I cheer after all the media has left. They crank up some music and Flower, Downie, and Suttsy start dancing around the locker room half undressed. I laugh and get undressed and head to the showers.

"Sid your phone went off." I hear from the locker room.
"I will get it after." I call back.

"Well 'ello Charlotte." I hear Tanger say. I half laugh and groan, they found my phone and facetimed Charlie.

I finish showering quickly and walk out into the locker room with a towel wrapped around my waist. "Hey Char." I smile.

"Good game tonight boys." She cheers loudly. I wink at her and go to my stall to change while Tanger takes her around the locker room talking her ear off. I put on my suit and pack my bag.

"Hey Tanger, get changed and leave my girlfriend alone." I chirp at him.

"Not my fault she loves me more than you Sid."

"Oh shut up." I take my phone and sit down at my stall when Geno sits beside me wanting to talk with Charlie.

"Hey Geno." She smiles at him.

"Hello beautiful Charlotte." He sings.

"She's mine big guy!" I push him lightly.

"Be nice Sidney, how are you G?" She scolds me and the whole locker room laughs at me. Flower makes a whipping noise while Geno and Charlie had a little conservation.

"Crosby is whipped." Perron sings beside me.

I shake my head and just shake the comment off. Geno gives me back my phone so we can say goodbye.

"Good game tonight Sid."

"Thanks Char, good game for your game too. Two goals and an assist, aren't you the real deal." We both smirk.

"Shut up, call me later okay? Have fun tonight."

"You don't have to wait up for me. But okay I will talk to you later. Say bye everyone!" I turn the camera to the group still in the locker room and they all wave.

We walk out to the bus and get off to take us to the hotel to change quickly. My phone vibrates 'I love u xx'. I smile and reply back. Man she is the greatest girl.