Status: pretty well completed

Whirl Wind

Breakfast

Groaning, I roll over to turn the alarm off. Ugh the things I do for my sister! I start to doze off again when my phone goes off.

It's Taylor 'I will meet you at Richie's for breaky, gonna walk. See u in 20. Get up'

I reply. 'Ok, see ya.' I get up and put some jeans on and a sweater. I wash my face and then put my hat on and grab my coat. Walking out the door, I decide to take the stairs to the back parking lot where I parked. I am not in the mood to get noticed by the media today, I'm just here for my sister. I start the car and warm my hands up before leaving the parking lot. The drive to Richie's diner takes about 10 minutes with the little traffic Rimouski has. I walk in looking for Taylor but I guess she hasn't got here yet, I get a table, order a coffee and orange juice, and wait. I play around on my phone and decide to text Taylor saying I am here. I'm so busy I don't even see her walk in, her being Charlotte Lloyd.

"Sid, Taylor didn't tell me you were coming?" She says confused.

"Wait what?" I'm so confused.

"Tay and I are meeting for breakfast, I didn't know you were coming." She smiles awkwardly. "May I sit?"

"Of coarse, but uh Taylor was supposed to meet me for breakfast." Just then I get a text from Taylor of coarse 'You can thank me later, have fun;)'. "Well Charlie I think it's just us." I smile at her.

"Well at least we got the confusion cleared up, have you ordered yet?" She smiles at me.

"No, not yet. Just my drinks."

"As in plural drinksss?"

"Haha yeah, orange juice and coffee."

She makes a face and laughs. "That is probably the worst combination ever."

Her laugh is music to my ears. "So I guess you got your answer."

"Pardon?" She looks at me confused.

I chuckle. "Last night when you texted me when we will see each other next. You got your answer." I smile at her.

"Well aren't you on the ball, I guess I did."

"Ohh don't make me blush." I cover my face and laugh.

"Alright, alright smarty pants."

The waitress comes over to take our order. Charlie orders an omelet with rye bread and fruit on the side, I scrunch up my nose. She sticks out her tongue and I order scrambled eggs, sausages, two pancakes with brown bread. Her eyes widen. The waitress walks away and she laughs.

"What?" I ask, smiling.

"Is there an army you are hiding to help you finish that?" She looks around.

"Very funny, I can probably finish it. But next in line is you."

"Oh no you are a big boy, you ordered it, you finish it."

"Maybe just a spoonful?"

"We will see, if it looks good obviously." She smiles like crazy.

"Did I tell you that you look beautiful this morning?" She was wearing leggings, a minty green Victoria's Secret Pink sweatshirt, a grey beanie and I saw she had two Montreal Canadiens bracelets on her wrist. She was beautiful with out even trying.

She blushes. "No, you didn't."

"Well you do."

She looks down. "Stopppp." She wines.

I smirk and reply."Never, so you're a Canadiens fan eh?" Pointing at her wrist.

"Born and raised." She smirks.

"Me too, until I got drafted of coarse." I smile. "I pegged you as a Toronto fan."

"Wash you mouth out with soap!!" She looks so serious, I have to laugh really hard. Our food arrives anomy plate is piled with all my food it looks so good. We fall into a happy silence as we eat.

"What's it like?" she asks out of the blue.

"What's what like?"

"Doing something you love for a living."

I have to think about the question for a while. No one has really asked me that question in that type of context before, they always said being the face of the NHL. Nothing about how much I love hockey.

"A dream." I answer.

"I'm so jealous."

"Is that what you want to do? Play hockey?"

"Yeah but not in the CWHL. I couldn't make a living there."

"Then play in the NHL."

I scoff slightly. "You of all people would know that a girl will never play in the NHL."

"Then what happens to the women who are better then some in the NHL, what do they do?"

"They don't get to play, this subject makes me so mad." She laughs. "If a woman were to ever make it, it should have been Wickenheiser, hands down."

"I see your point Charlie." I smile and put some pancake on a fork for her to try. She eats it and her face looks like she liked it by the pleasureful look.

"Wow, that's amazing, yummy!" She laughs.

"you're a goof." I laugh with her. We finish eating and I offer to pay the bill.

"No, I'm not letting you."

"Charlie please let me."

"But you paid last night."

"You just owe me then okay? I'm paying. You can leave a tip if you want but that's it."

"Ugh, fine."

I go pay the bill and she leaves a tip. We end up walking to my car and I know this is where we have to say goodbye. "So you leave soon?"

"My flight leaves in an hour, yours?"

"I'm driving, remember?" I lightly tap her head. This lets me move closer to her. "I had a really good 12 hours with you."

She laughs. "It was a pleasure meeting you, oh I almost forgot I will text you the schedule later today when we land okay?"

"Okay so I guess until we see each other again?"

She grins and grabs my coat and pulls me closer. She wraps her arms around my waist and hugs me. "Don't forget about me Crosby, maybe one day I will play against you."

I pull away to look at her and say "Oh I will most definitely see you before you are drafted to the Penguins." Then wrapping my arms back around her neck I squeeze her a little and kiss her head. "Text Taylor saying thank you because if I do it, I won't hear the end of it."

"Okay I will. I better get going."

"Goodbye Charlie." One last squeeze.

"Goodbye Sid." She smiles and walks away in the direction of her hotel.

She isn't even my girlfriend and I already think I'm falling for her.