Status: Bare with me for the updates, I'm trying to get back into writing

Our Own Type of Hell.

2

After my shower, I made my way to the bedroom and started getting dressed for family dinner tonight. I knew Jax would be in a rush to get out of here so he wouldn't be late, I didn't want to either. The last thing I needed was Gemma breathing down my neck for the next month before the next dinner.

In the middle of doing my hair, I heard the front door open and glanced out the doorway to see Jax, "Hey hun." I said, turning my attention back to the mirror to make sure I didn't mess anything up.

"What are you so dressed up for? It's just dinner at mom's." He said as his eyes scanned over me, "It's nothing special, ya know?"

Rolling my eyes, I glanced at him again, "Seriously Jax? What do you want me to wear? I have to keep your mom impressed otherwise she'll end up seeing me as a crow eater again, and I know neither of us want that." Seeing the color go from his face a little bit, I knew I was right.

When the two of us had been teenagers, Gemma was doing anything in her power to keep the two of us from being anything serious. In her eyes, she was thinking of me as another girl that just wanted to get in his pants. It had taken years for her to realize I wasn't going anywhere.

"Alright, I get it. I don't feel like going through all that shit with her again." Jax said, sitting down on a chair, "Just don't take too long."

Once my hair was done, I walked out to the hall, "Let's get out of here, before your mom decides to kill both of us."

Nodding, Jax followed me out the door, "We gotta stop by the store so I can grab some more beer, mom said it wouldn't take too long before they were outta beer at the party, we all know how much Bobby drinks."

Parking the truck at Gemma's, Jax got out and grabbed the beer, following him inside, I could already hear everyone inside. Of course Gemma was practically jumping at the door when we got there, "It's about damn time you two got here, Jax go put the beer in the cooler by the table, gotta keep it close to the guys. Hazel, come help me out in the kitchen, would you?"

There was no telling Gemma no, I followed her into the kitchen and quickly went to work, helping gather the food she wanted on the table and taking it out to the table, "Ay, there's that beautiful girl of your's Jax!"

I smiled, knowing exactly who it was, "Chibs!" I went over to him and hugged him, "It's been awhile, I'm glad to see you, you're looking good."

He laughed, "Not nearly as good as you, girly. Jackie boy treating you alright?"

"It's fine, he's been wonderful. We're even looking at a house together, get me out of that nasty apartment." I smiled.

I could tell I caught Jax's attention because he looked over at me, "Oh, before I forget to let you know, we got that house, we can start moving shit in on Monday, you're welcome babe!"

Walking back into the kitchen, Gemma looked over at me, "You're moving in with Jax? When did that come about?"

Shrugging slightly, I grabbed a drink from the fridge, "We had talked about it for a little over two months, we looked at the house about two weeks ago, and I guess he did the paperwork on it yesterday."

The rest of the dinner went off perfectly, of course there was some drama between Jax and Clay, but that was normal for us. Giving Gemma a quick hug good bye, I followed Jax out to the truck and we went back to the apartment.

"Are you staying the night tonight?" I asked, looking back at him as I unlocked the door.

Jax smiled, pulling a bag from behind his back, "I figured it'd be alright."

This guy hadn't changed a bit since we had met, he was still the same as he was when we first met. Sure the club had made him a bit more rugged, but I loved him all the same, and nothing will ever be able to change that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, there's chapter two! Thanks to everyone who's commented! It's going to get better, I promise!