The End of Light

Kiss of Death

It was the wedding day. It had only been a week since Vega had been placed in a comfortable room instead of the dirty, cold, lonely cell. She didn't see Katie as often as she would have liked to but she saw many other people during the day. They were all soldiers and she had gotten a peek at many of their faces. All of them were human from what she could see.

Vega thought about Tyce. She couldn't stop. He was supposed to be there on her wedding day. He was going to be a groom's best man and her wedding was supposed to be in a beautiful green garden with flowers everywhere. Who was this man that she would marry? She didn't know but it was going to be a man that she loved dearly. A dress as white as milk and the weather perfect with warm weather and the slightest breeze.

Wedding day was not all that special to Vega now. She was marrying a man in whom she knew next to nothing about. There marriage was going to be in a grand hall on the ship. It was not as extravagant as ever wished. It was military and dark. At the very least, she got to wear a beautiful dress the way she imagined it. It was completely white and had lace all over it like a princess. It was not all that professional but it still was done amazing and Vega was thankful to the onboard wardrobe team.

She was all alone in the backroom. Why was she doing this? Why was all this so quick? Did her life mean so little to her at this point that she would just marry this man whom she was scared of. What if he beat her and abused her? Suddenly, she heard a piano start playing and the doors opened for her. She walked in and the first thing she noticed was all the soldiers standing like they were getting ready for combat. Vega gulped and held her red roses tightly. Her palms were sweating as she made her way to the front.

Once she got up to the front, she saw a man in what seemed to be a Nazi uniform or something similar. That's all she could think about. He did not look happy nor mad. He sighed and looked at the girl. Vega avoided his gaze and when she did, she saw the man whom she would call 'husband,' walk towards her but he was still wearing his mask. It seemed to be a staple to him to have it on.

Kylo looked down at her once he was in the center isle as well. It was a peculiar service. There was nothing about God in the sermon or service. It was all about something called the force. It was a topic that Vega still knew absolutely nothing about.

"Kylo Ren, you may now, kiss your bride." The man at the alter said in disinterest. The kiss. This kiss! How could Vega forget about it. This was a moment she was unprepared for. Kylo had not touched her even once. He had not held her yet, hugging her, cuddle, kiss, or any duties of a man to the woman he would have to be with for the rest of her life. The man in black just leaned in to her and lifted his helmet off his head and put an arm around Vega's head. It was clear he was not very experienced with kissing. He leaned in and kissed her soft lips for a moment and without meaning to, she leaned back slightly. Her eyes were wide and she blushed after they pulled away and he put his helmet back on.

They left the room together and that was the end of it. They would have a small dinner as they did every night and the rest was history. His bed was not just his any longer and she knew that. It was theirs. The storm troopers went back to doing their duties and Kylo led her to the dinner table. He never ate with her but tonight, he took off his helmet and there was a bunch of food. Vega put a few things on her plate but she found it hard to eat. Her eyes just went to Kylo as she twisted her new ring on her finger.

Kylo saw her staring and put down his fork and knife. "If you have something to say, you should say it."

Just as she always did, she thought carefully before saying anything. "What is the force?"

Kylo Ren was definitely interested in this question. "The force is a simple way of saying economy. And if you know anything about economy, it's that just like economy, the force maneuvers in between everything and everyone. It's a power that pulls us together to create something bigger than life. It could either have a good impact or a bad."

Vega just furrowed her eyebrows and lifted her arm to look at the beautiful ring. There was some strange type of gem in it and it was from the same one that Kylo's ring came from. "I'm lost for words, Kylo Ren."

Suddenly, the doors opened and the 'priest' was there. He looked immediately at Kylo. "Thank you for inviting me to dinner."

"General Hux, as you know already, this is Vega. Vega, this is General Hux. He stands beside me on the Star Destroyer. He is just a step below me."

Just by the look of General Hux, Vega could swipe up what kind of person he was. He was cold, just like Kylo Ren and he hated life itself. He wanted to destroy it. All that resonated from just his eyes.

She took a deep breath. "General Hux, I wanted to say, thank you for doing our wedding." She didn't mean it when she said that but she figured it would be best to stay on his good side. Kylo Ren's wife or not. She was just as much in trouble as the next person.

To her, Kylo Ren was not as scary as Hux. She stayed quiet for the rest of the meal and hardly ate or drank. There was too big of a knot in her stomach. In all honestly, she didn't mind not saying anything because she knew nothing about any of what they were talking about. It wasn't her place yet to know everything. She was still the new girl and she felt like Hux was not the biggest fan of her according to her gut. Kylo Ren and General Hux spoke for a good hour until they closed up their talk and Hux left the dining area with an unfriendly goodbye to Vega. She understood a few things and she started getting a better sense of who these people were.

Kylo just turned to her. "I'd say it's time for bed. Wouldn't you?"
♠ ♠ ♠
2 Chapters tonight because I'm on fire tonight!

I also have 2 extra chapters but I won't post again until tomorrow night.