Status: Working on it as I go, I have alot planned for this may start out slow but will pick up as I go.

A Greater Fate

A new type of dream

“Oh where are you my love? My true hero? I’m sorry if I’ve awoken you but my love we need to speak. I feel like I’ve been waiting for too long I feel a useless purpose in my life maybe you can make me feel something again. I’m not asking you to save me. I’m asking for a chance…for something different, a change in this life I live. I cannot do it on my own anymore. I need you.”
I prayed to skies wondering where my hero was, everyone around in Hyrule had a purpose and a longing and had belonged to somebody.

Hyrule town was the busiest place in the land, there was always something for everyone but except for me who had nobody, I was a servant of Hyrule castle. I never intended to be, it wasn’t the career I was hoping for but ever since my mother died when I was two I was left here and raised by Impa, but when I was 12 Impa disappeared suddenly. She always told me I was destined to be someone greater than who I was and I had a greater purpose in my life. I never knew what that was but glancing at the birth mark that laid upon my wrist, I recall all the stories of such growing up from Impa but never understood why I a mere servant possessed such. She always told me that it would reveal itself one day but hasn’t yet and I had given up hope that it ever would. Impa told me the mark was called the triforce and it represented power, wisdom and courage. Every so often the bottom left hand triangle would light up, Impa informed me that meant that wisdom was my piece.

The other two pieces belonged elsewhere, and one day I would know who.

Glancing outside the kitchen window in the castle I realized I had never in all my 17 years have I been outside these castle walls, I mean I’ve gotten as far as the sacred waterfall in the garden but that’s about all, and it wasn’t quite far either. I always wondered what more there was out there, if there was anything out there, it was a mystery that I had always longed to discover one day.

I never went to school, Impa taught me everything she could growing up, I had learned so much from her from things like counting the stones in the river to the flower petals falling on the ground. To what shape the clouds formed when the sun rose in the morning and how to make the most delicious apple pies ever made. It wasn’t a real education but she taught me life skills, and how to be strong and brave. I wished one day that I would get to see her again. I never had any friends, except for Impa of course I was never allowed at any gatherings other than to clean or cook the food but Impa would always try and make my life a little less miserable than what it was.

“Stupid servant, get your head out of the gutter and scrub those dirty floors.” I shot up straight and turned around to see King Ganon standing by the door looking more furious than ever eyeing me down with a glare.

He was the ruler of this land, he turned it from what was a happy peaceful place to a horror show, years of abuse I’ve suffered from King Ganon and his Daughter, princess Zelda. Princess Zelda, I don’t know where to begin with her but she was well a princess. I always rushed to her aid when she needed something as servant was to do, I cleaned her room when I was told. The thing was that Zelda was 20 and I had just turned 17, she had been the princess since she was born. She never talked to me about anything other than chores, her mouth barely parted into a smile and her eyes were always straight ahead.

“You filthy peasant!” Ganons voice blared over my thoughts. “None of these chores are completed, the floors are dirty and the dishes are still piled in the sink.”
“I’m so sorry sir, I never meant to have taken so long. Everything just had piled up I’m so sorry I’ll get right to it I swear.” I said knowing that no matter how I tried to apologize he would still be angry with me.

I felt his hand slap me across the face with such force, but it was not unfamiliar. Every time I had done something wrong or out of orderly in his eyes he would strike me down and push me to the side, he never cared whether or not I was hungry or tired or cold. I never got anything I needed from him, I was used to the feeling of being hungry and cold. He had promised Impa that when she left that he would take care of me, but as the leader of Hyrule he knew he could get away with whatever he wanted. Even if that meant not keeping his promise to take care of me.

“If you don’t start doing as you’re told I will make you sleep in the cellar for a week straight.” He threatened with a cold dead stare in his eyes. I knew that threat was real, it happened before quite a few times when I hadn’t finished something I needed to. I hated sleeping in the cellar, but it wasn’t too different from my current living arrangements.

“I’m sorry sir.” I said again looking at the ground hoping he would leave.

“Zelda is thirsty. Bring her some tea this instant.” He demanded to me pointing at the door.

“Yes, sir.” I responded.

I left the room as quickly as I could hoping to avoid another strike from Ganon, he was so evil and frightening. He could get you do anything he ever wanted you to do for him even if you’re intentions were to never try doing it.

“Good evening Zelda.” I said hastily approaching her spot at the dining table.

She glanced up at me ever so slightly from the newspaper she was reading and rolled her eyes, which is what she was constantly doing. Impa always said one day her eyes are going to get stuck in the back of her head if she keeps doing that. I chuckled thinking of Impa’s sense of humor.

“What are you laughing at servant?” Zelda spat out slamming her newspaper down on the table.

“Nothing, sorry princess. Enjoy your tea.” I said pouring some tea into her cup and ever so slightly spilling some on the table.

She sighed dramatically and snapped her fingers at the spot. “Uh, clean it up?”

“Yes, of course Princess.” I said cleaning up the mess as quickly as I could.

After I had finished with cleaning up after the Princess I had grown tired and headed to my room for some hopeful rest. My room was really small, barely the size a bedroom should be. I had a deflated air mattress and one tattered blanket with an even more tattered pillow. The room was the coldest in the castle, but I did have a lovely view of the area from my window. I could watch the sun setting at night and rise every morning, I could sit and write in my diary and listen to the rain on the window. Which is exactly what I did that very night.

Dear Diary,
If I could grow wings I would indeed, I wouldn’t be here in this castle. I would be somewhere far, far away where no one knew me and I could start over. I wouldn’t have to worry about being scared or hungry anymore I could eat every cupcake and pizza I see and no one would stop me. I wish I could just … disappear and run away. I want somewhere else to go an adventure to find. A purpose to live, a companion by myself. If only this could be…

I slowly found myself slipping away into a dream, a familiar dream that I’ve had before and knew so well but could never figure out why.

“You… have… come.” A voice said to me softly. “You… have…arrived.”

“I’m here again.” I said reaching out to the figure before me, it seemed so real but I knew I was not awake. I laid my hands on his face, he felt so real and life like, I never knew who he was or why he showed up.

He reached his hand up and held mine in his “come with me, I need to show you something.” I could never see the figure clearly but I heard the voice, kind of like a young boy’s voice maybe a little bit older than I.

He took my hand and led me to a room with a single mirror in the center, I stood in front of it and saw myself. It was beginning to be different from the dream I usually had, but it still felt right. I glanced at myself in the mirror and saw who I’ve always been, I saw myself in the rags that were dirty and unchanged. My hair up in every direction imaginable, I saw tears begin to form in my eyes and fall down my face.

“You are the one.” He said stepping to the side of me as my appearance suddenly changed.

I turned and faced him and saw his face was starting to clear for the first time of all these years of dreaming about him. He was indeed a young boy, not much older than me, he had the bluest of blue eyes I’ve ever laid eyes on, maybe an inch or so taller than me.

“No, look at you.” He said turning me towards the mirror once again.

I was wearing a white gown this time, a beautiful long flowing white gown and since I’ve never seen myself in a gown before or any type of dress I gasped in surprise. My hair was braided to the back in a way I’ve never had it in a long time ever since Impa had done it when I was younger.

“You have lived a life of torture and pain, but now it’s time for you to discover who you really are and the destiny you were born to live. Its time. I will find you in reality and everything will… be…” His voice was cut off by a shriek of thunder forcing its way through the sky. “Wake up. Wake up and I’ll find you. Don’t look for me. Don’t look..” He whispered into my ear as I took one last glance at who I was supposed to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
This took me foreeeeeeeeever too write and yes I know obviously Ganon is NOT zeldas dad and zeldas the princess but LISTEN! (navi voice ahaha) its my story and this is how its gunna go :D Enjoy and I will try to update again soon