Status: revamping.

Her Broken Life

02: Past

Kara was seventeen years old and had no idea where her life was headed. Her parents disowned her when she was sixteen and she had no friends. Thankfully she had money saved up so she wasn’t sleeping on the streets. But soon enough that would run out and what would she do then?

She wasn’t sure what would happen if she couldn’t find a job within the next few months. She’d lose her car and her hotel room then she’d be out on the streets. Kara had to find something before it was too late.

Walking into Starbucks later that evening, it was quiet and the perfect place to get some studying done. Kara set her laptop on the table and took out her books. Little did she know, this night would change her life forever.

“Excuse me...Are you Kara Dawson?” A guy asked.

“Yes? Who are you?” Kara asked looking up from her laptop.

“I’m Matt Casey and I have an offer for you.” He said.

“How do you even know who I am?” She asked.

“I have my ways. But I’m not here to talk about that. I’m here to offer you a job.”

“What’s that job entail?”

“Being a criminal. I make the plans and you put them into action. You will get paid $1000 a day as long as you do what you're told. If you don’t, then face consequences. Now I understand that this is a lot to take over so I will give you a few days to decide.”

He left her his phone card by her laptop and stood up to leave. With one last glance at her, he walked out of starbucks.

“Did you talk to her?”

“Of course I did. I think she’ll say yes. She has no other job offers and clearly needs a job.”

“You better hope this works.”

“My plans always work.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Guess we'll see how this works out..