What Was to Come

The Decision

The clerk stood up up from her seat next to the judge. In the matter of the welfare of Charlotte Phoenix Gibbs-Welton, We the court grant Denice, and Eric Welton three unsupervised weekend visits. I was in shock at this point. There was no way I could follow through with this. I started crying, literally sobbing. Karen pulled me into a big hug, and held me for seemed like an eternity. With Karen's hugs I could just stand there forever. I started to calm down. My breathing was slowly returning back to normal. Then it all spiked back up when my mother and father came over to me. They had the biggest grins on their faces. I was suddenly feeling sick to my stomach. My mother reached out to give me a side hug. I flinched so bad, I thought she was going to hit me. She looked deeply saddened by the fact that I was so scared of her. I couldn't help it, I was so frightened, thinking that if I went back in with them I would be hurt again. Over and over and over again. I was so anxious thinking about the whole situation.I guess Karen figured something was going on, because the next thing I know she had ushered my parents away from me, and whisked me outside the door. The whole car ride back to where I called home, I listened to the song "The war against ourselves" on repeat. Karen tried to talk to me quite a few times, but every time she tried, I would turn up my music, and pretend to be asleep. When we got back home Karen got a call. I figured it was just a friend she was talking to because of the high tone in her voice. But I was so wrong... She walked slowly into my room, and the look on her face was scaring me. "Charlotte honey, I have some very bad news that I am going to have to tell you". Karen said. Already tears were starting to roll down her face. "Tomorrow you are going to your parent's house for the unsupervised weekend visit. I started to panic. "You should probably start packing, i am very sorry, dear." I was so upset but I did what she said. After I was done packing, I was so exhausted. I was drained emotionally and physically. I walked to my bed, laid down, and in a matter of seconds I was fast asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
The lyrics to the song "The war against ourselves"
Another day alone
Another night
Another knife
I guess I'm on my own
The lights are on
My eyes are closed
And no one understands
The Dark I'm dealing with
And all the people in my life
Are way too blind to see the vice

All these scars
All these scars
From the war against ourselves
The war against ourselves
All these scars
All these scars
From the war against ourselves
I'm livin in a hell
its what is real.

Real, oh I don't wanna go anymore.

I know that you're confused
I've been there once
I've been there twice
The third I didn't choose
I guess I'm born to lose
The ones that break you down
They look so cool,
Its why I always break the fucking rules
My Synchronized wounds

All these scars
All these scars
From the war against ourselves
The war against ourselves
All these scars
All these scars
From the war against ourselves
I'm livin in a hell
its what is real.

They break me down
I can't block the sound
So I turn to the one thing
I know will not let me down
People don't think to ask whats wrong
I stop and go to the beat
of the broken flow in blood

All these scars
All these scars
From the war against myself
I'm a walking hell
I won't starve myself of the dark
Listen to me scream and shout
but do not say a word.

~Joel Faviere