I've Got You

five

“You know, people are sometimes mean to other people because they feel threatened by them, or the other person has something the other wants. I think that’s the way it is with Miley. But you don’t feel threatened, or she doesn’t have anything you long for, so you are just mean to her because she’s mean to you. But when Matt hurt you, natural friend instincts kicked in, and Miley felt bad. It wasn’t necessarily out of pity. You don’t have to get mad at her. Maybe she really wants to be your friend.”

What Nick said sort of caught Sierra off guard. People are sometimes mean to other people because they feel threatened by them, or the other person has something the other wants. I think that’s the way it is with Miley. But you don’t feel threatened, or she doesn’t have anything you long for. What could Miley possibly wish she had that Sierra had? Miley was pretty, famous, a wonderful actor and singer, and probably a great person. At least, to people she liked. What else could she possibly want?

“W-what do you mean? Miley c-couldn’t possibly be j-jealous of m-me. I should b-be jealous of her!” Sierra looked at Nick through her watery eyes, confusion and shock run through her face.

“That’s the problem,” he said softly, letting his hand glid up and down Sierra’s arm, comforting her. “You’re both jealous of each other. But I think that you have no need to be jealous of her.

Could Nick possibly think that?

“Nick, I really, REALLY appreciate what you’re doing for me, but you hardly know me. Plus, Miley isn’t even the reason I’m crying,” Sierra say, sniffling a bit. She really did appreciate what Nick was doing, but he did hardly know her.

“I know. I know I don’t know you, but I’ve known Miley for awhile now, and know her pretty well, so I know that she gets jealous really easily.”

“I just don’t think she could possibly jealous of me. Plus, she didn’t even know my boyfriend. So how can she be comforting me?”

Knock. Knock.

“Nick! They need us in two!” Kevin’s voice could easily be heard through the thin walls.

“Sierra, they need you now,” Cody said as he opened the door slightly, to make sure she was ok. Sierra nodded. Miley was right, Nick had been able to calm her down.

“Right,” Nick said, turning back to Sierra as Cody closed the door. You should go.”

“Yah. Oh, and thanks. I really do appreciate it.”

“No problem.” Nick said, pulling her into a hug. “You’ve read the script, right?”

“Yah,” she answered, pulling away, giving him a confused look.

“Well, that’s why they call me the cute and sensitive one.”

Sierra laughed, feeling a whole lot better.

“Thanks again Nick,” Sierra said with a smile, walking out of her dressing room. Nick continued to stand there, watching her walk away.

I hope I helped.

>>>>

“Hey, Sierra,” Cody said once she got out on set. She smiled slightly, trying to focus on her scene that was before her.

“Hey.”

“So…..” he said awkardly, rocking back and forth between his heels and the balls of his feet. “I’m really sorry about earlier.”

“Oh, it was no biggie.”

Cody could tell she was distracted. “No, I shouldn’t have practiced with you. I mean, it also made Miley a little mad too, and I know that didn’t exactly--”

“Cody,” Sierra said, cutting him off. “It was my fault and no one elses.”

“Right.”

Silence.

“Sierra, can I talk to you, please?” Sierra heard, breaking the silence between her and Cody. Sierra looked around to see who the small voice belonged to, just to see Miley smiling at her. Sierra could tell that Miley felt a little guilty, based on the look of sympathy she was getting.

“Miley, what do you want? I’m sort of busy.”

Miley sighed heavily, almost sounding like an innocent little girl. Almost.

“Can I just talk to you?”

“Fine.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter written by me......take it over, Nicole (: