I've Got You

six

“Listen…I know I’ve been really mean lately, and I’m sorry,” Miley said, looking down at her twidling thumbs. Sierra glared at her, not being able to see Miley’s eyes or facial expression to see if she was lying. It sounded real enough. But was it?

“I’ve told you before, Miley. I don’t need your pity.”

“I’m not giving you pity,” she insisted softly, still not meeting Sierra’s gaze. “I’m just trying to be friendly.”

Sierra was afraid that if she said anything else, she would offend Miley. That was the last thing she wanted to do.

So she just walked away.

As mean as it sounds, that was the best way Sierra felt she could deal with the problem. She didn’t want to give a witty remark, or a sarcastic backstabbing comment, so she just walked away.

But truth was, Miley felt defeated. She was starting to actually warm up to Sierra; besides the fact that she was sure Sierra was trying to steal her boyfriend. But after what happened with Matt….Miley shook her head, clearing the thoughts. She knew that Sierra had truly loved her boyfriend, but obviously there wasn’t enough trust in the relationship.

“Miley, why don’t you go and sit down,” Cody suggested, walking up behind his distressed girlfriend. You don’t look too good.”

Miley instinctively whirled around, throwing her arms around Cody’s neck, and buried her head into his chest as he rubbed his hands up and down her back comfortingly. Cody knew this was hard on everyone, seeing how the ‘best friends’ weren’t exactly, best friends. And Cody knew that Miley really wanted to be her friend.

Even though the two girls had pretended to be the best of friends around everyone else, Cody could see the jealousy and hate radiating from his girlfriend’s eyes when she came back from talking to Sierra. Cody at first was scared that the two would rip each other’s throats out, because the ‘best friend’ thing they were pulling around everyone else was so obviously fake. But they managed to keep it together until Matt showed up when Sierra and Cody were rehearsing.

“Miley, baby, it’ll be okay,” Cody soothed, continuing to hold her in his arms. He wished Sierra would stop being such a brat and open her eyes. He wished she would just accept Miley so they could actually be friends.

“Shh, baby. It’ll be okay.”

>>>>>

“Hey, Sierra,” Nick said cheerfully as he entered the pretty blonde’s dressing room. His smile faltered, however, upon seeing the girl sitting at her makeup station, crying into the table. She didn’t even look up as Nick closed the door behind him and walked over to her. “Sierra, what’s wrong?”

“Everything,” she mumbled, her crying softening a bit.

“Is this still about Matt?”

“Somewhat,” she answered, her voice muffled from the table and her arms.

“You wanna talk about it?”

Sierra really appreciated everything Nick did to make her feel better. But, she just wished he would stop going all ‘Dr. Phil’ on her. Even though she found it cute and comforting, he always seemed to walk in on her during the times she wanted to be alone the most.

Right now was one of those times.

“Nick,” she started, sitting up and wiping her eyes from the tears and smeared makeup, “I really love what your trying to do for me, but it just isn’t working.”

“What do you mean?” he asked, cocking his head in a cute manor.

“First, you’re far to young to be Dr. Phil. You need to be partially bald and grow a mustache,” she said with a small smile. Nick returned it with a big grin, a rarity for Nick. “Second, I really want to be alone at the moment.”

“Oh. Sorry.”

His face fell just a bit that Sierra noticed. He began to get up from where he was sitting on a stool near Sierra, and started for the door.

“No, Nick. That’s not what I meant.”

Nick turned back around.

“Huh?”

“Whenever I want to be alone, the second anyone tries to make me feel better I get really annoyed, and want to be alone even more. But when you try and make me feel better, all I know is that lonley feeling goes away. I don’t want to be alone anymore when you’re around. You don’t annoy me, like most people do. You make me feel better inside, almost like you’re the little sun in my world.”

Nick stood there, confused. Where was she going with this?

“I don’t only have problems with people on set, Nick. I’m having problems at home too. I can’t get the support of my mom. She thinks that I’m just gonna turn into a screw up from this. And my dad, well, my dad is gone. I think that’s part of why my mom thinks I’m just gonna screw this up, or become a screw up. He was in the buisness, and turned into one. He died just last month, driving home drunk from an afterparty. And my m-mom has s-seen the magazines…the ones w-with Lindsey Lohan a-and Britney and Jamie Lynn S-Spears…”

Sierra was full blown crying now. She just let the sobs rack her body, and Nick pulled her in close. He knew this was hard for her, and it didn’t help that being on set all the time led to part of her stress. Just seeing how close Miley and her dad were, Nick and his brothers; Sierra just had no one else to go to. Even if she did, she had lost him. It was Matt, and he was being a total knucklehead.

“Hey, shhh,” Nick coaxed as he hugged her close, letting her sob into his chest. “Shh, it’ll be okay.”

Sierra just let herself believe him. She had too. It was almost like she wouldn’t live to see the following day if she didn’t.

But Sierra couldn’t help but notice the butterflies in her stomach. The the tingling feeling that Nick left her with where he touched her.

Did she have feelings for him?
♠ ♠ ♠
So like I said before....Nicole was originally supposed to write this one, but she's had a lot of stuff going, because she's been sick. So I took over the chapter for her. (: So the NEXT one will be hers.
And I really liked this chapter....it seemed a lot better than the ones I normally right. That's also including My Heart's Melodie. I dont' know why....I just wrote this one a litte different. So let me know if you like it (: