Saved

Vriska: Be released

After a week of them poking and prodding at my head to make sure that my head wasn’t completely smashed in, which obviously it hasn’t because I’m still alive, and a week of being bored out of my mind, they were going to release me.

Terezi came in every so often, it was her birthday soon, September 20th, and I was hoping that I’d get out by then. It was the 17th and I was being released. It’s about time.

She was only able to come visit when either Karkat or Equius would drive her here, seeing as she can’t drive herself for obvious reasons. When she wasn’t here and not in class, she would be on the phone with me.

Like right now for instance.

“I’m still, well, considering Aranea’s offer by the way,” she was saying.

“Yeah? I’d still be wary of her being anywhere near your face with a scalpel,” I drawled. “She might dissect it instead of fixing your eyes.”

She laughed for a moment before saying, “I don’t know, I kinda want to see what my friend’s look like, what campus looks like, hell what anything outside of my hometown looks like. I mean my hometown has probably changed since I was eight, but still.”

“Yeah,” I said while twining my fingers in the phone cord. I never really thought about what might have happened if I had lost the use of both of my eyes in that crash. I wouldn’t be able to see anything at all and I wasn’t sure how I felt about that.

“What do you look like anyway Vriska?” she asked curiously.

“Eh, long wavy black hair, one blue eye, one lighter blue eye. Like what your eyes look like blue except with more blue. Well, I guess you don’t know what your eyes look like but yeah. I’m about five foot eight, and I have a robotic arm. I’m kinda pale skinned, like almost as pale as you,” I described thoughtfully.

“Sounds beautiful,” I could hear her smiling.

“Well what did you expect!” I exclaimed, my face burning. My blind girlfriend was calling me beautiful when she couldn’t even see what I looked like, it was tooth decaying sweet.

She snorted, “Self centered as always aren’t we Serket?”

“You know it!”

We were quiet for a few moments before Terezi spoke up again, “I think I’m going to take her up on that offer of hers.”

“If that’s what you want then I can’t stop you, just be careful because my sister is literally insane,” I warned.

She laughed, “I’ll be careful.”

“You can’t be careful when you’re unconscious!”

She laughed again, “Why so worried Serket?”

“Shut up! I’m just warning you that my sister is a fucking bitch.”

She cackled, “It’ll be fine Vriska, I’ll be fine.”

At that point the doctor came in and I had to say my goodbyes. He looked over my chart before looking up at me and checking my vitals, “How’s your arm and head feeling? You’ve been on pain medication for a few days instead of the morphine correct?”

“Yeah, and they feel pretty much fine. I just can’t move fast otherwise it’ll hurt like a bitch,” I yawned.

He nodded and walked over to look at my head. They had to shave the part of my head that Gamzee had broken to fix it, so the side of my head was shaved. I wasn’t complaining though, I had been wanting to shave half my head for awhile. Looked pretty badass if you asked me.

He deemed that I was ready to go home, so I signed out my paperwork, which took much longer than necessary, and I waited the next hour for my mom to get here to take me back to campus.

The drive back was silent, which was nice I guess. I didn’t want to talk to my mother and my mother didn’t want to talk to me, which was perfectly fine,

She dropped me off, neither of us saying goodbye to each other, and I walked up to my residence hall. Terezi had told me that some of our friends had been there to welcome her back, but I specifically told her not to tell anyone that I was coming back.

I walked up to our floor and walked over to Terezi’s room. I knocked loudly and obnoxiously, and got a yell of, “Quit it Serket! I know it’s you.”

I burst out laughing as she opened the door, grabbed me by the shirt with her good arm, and pulled me into her room.

“Hey there Pyrope,” I snorted.

She laughed, “Hey yourself Serket!”

She pulled me into an awkward hug, which had us both catch our breath in slight pain from the still broken bones we had. She let go first and grinned maniacally at me.

“You get that room transfer in?” I asked, grinning even though she couldn’t see it.

“Of course! What kind of person do you think I am!”

“A lazy one!”

“Lies!”

We both laughed before Terezi spoke up again, “We have a week to move all our stuff to the joint room upstairs. I already asked everyone else if they’d help us move up there tonight once classes are done. I’m already done, Wednesday’s are my easy days.”

“I don’t return to class until tomorrow. Want to start moving things up?”

“We both have an arm out of commission Serket, we’re going to have to wait.”

“Damn,” I crossed my arms, a not too difficult feat for someone in a cast instead of a sling. Mine was cerulean blue, my favorite color.

“So we wait, want me to come help you pack?”

“Hell no,” I scoffed. “You can listen to me pack.”

She rolled her eyes, “Okay fine, I’ll listen to you pack.”

I laughed and pulled her over to my room, her kicking her door shut behind us.

Months passed very slowly. Terezi got, well not lucky per se, but lucky in the sense that her non-dominant shoulder got broken. Writing in a cast is such a pain in the ass.

Soon my cast was removed and she no longer had to use a sling. Physical therapy was a pain in the ass and pretty pricey, but thank God for insurance I guess.

Speaking of insurance, Terezi must have good insurance because it was covering her eye surgery with Aranea.

The date for it was approaching faster than it seemed to be. Terezi had an appointment tomorrow actually, the Saturday before Fall Semester finals to be exact.

How’s that for stress?

She had many appointments actually, she had four more before her operation though. Aranea knew what she was doing though, and promised me not to cut up my girlfriend’s face more than she has to.

I knew Terezi was nervous, she was good at hiding it and wouldn’t say so if you asked her, but at her appointments her voice wavered sometimes and she never sat still. She was anxious, but she wouldn’t let anyone in on it.

She was trying to stay strong, I knew that much. She didn’t want to seem weak to anyone.

I looked over at the clock. It was almost 2AM Saturday morning, but we were studying for our exams and I didn’t count it to be Saturday until I went to sleep. Finals started Monday and we were going to be gone most of tomorrow at Aranea’s office.

I flipped through pages of our Criminal Law textbook and groaned. I was so tired I wasn’t retaining any of the information that we were studying anymore. I looked over by Terezi, who had her headphones on as she leaned back against the wall. We were sitting on her bed, my textbooks spread everywhere. Criminal Law was probably the class I was secretly the most worried about because I thought half the laws were stupid and didn’t bother to memorize them.

Studying was boring too. We had been studying since five in the evening. Terezi looked like she was going to fall asleep sitting up. I was sitting next to her, also leaning against the wall, so I shut my textbook, put it aside, and leaned over to peck at her cheek and to wrap my arms around her shoulders.

She tried to stifle a smile but ultimately failed, “What? Bored already Vriska?”

“It’s two in the morning, of course I’m bored.”

She laughed, pausing her audio recording, pulling her headphones out, and putting them aside. My desk was right next to my bed and by extension right by her, so she reached over and set her headphones on my desk. Normally I would have snapped at her to put her own shit on her own desk because I knew she knew exactly where it was, but I didn’t care because I didn’t want her to move from this spot.

“Well what do you want to do to kill your boredom?” she asked curiously, smirking.

She knew, she definitely knew, so I didn’t get a shocked noise at all when I kissed her. What a shame, I liked those sounds.

Although, kissing her was my favorite part of the day hands down.

It was great that we didn’t have casts or slings in the way of this either, because she was damn good at this. Not to say the chaste kisses here and there weren’t great either, but with this she was skilled and knew exactly what to do. I was no slouch either of course, I’ve had my experience, and I knew she liked it by the soft moans or whines she gave me when I bit her lip or traced the roof her her mouth with my tongue slowly.

Not to say I wasn’t quiet either, she definitely knew how to work her tongue. I would never admit it but when she’d run her tongue along my neck it was damn near orgasmic.

She also was really rough, which I’d be lying if I didn’t say it was hot. Like right now for instance, despite it being really early in the morning she was really into biting my lip. She shoved her tongue roughly into my mouth, running it along my teeth and along the top of my tongue slowly.

I retaliated of course, nipping her tongue so she’d pull it back so I could bite her lip and plunge my own tongue into her mouth. She tasted really good.

She turned me and started to push me back slowly enough for me to shove my textbooks out of the way so she could lay on top of me. I moved my head aside to trail kisses along her jaw and to her neck, kissing her where I could feel her pulse under my lips. Her heartbeat was fast, and I could feel her breathing start to grow heavy as I kissed lower on her neck and nipped the sensitive skin there.

She tilted her head aside and sighed. I sucked at the skin along the soft part of her neck and her back arched a little, a low whine escaping from her lips. The sound went straight between my legs and I had to stifle myself from moaning.

“Having fun?” I breathed, letting up with my mouth enough to talk, but letting my lips ghost her neck. She shivered.

“I don’t know, are you?” she countered, sounding breathless herself. Glad to know it wasn’t just me.

I nodded, nuzzling my head against her neck. She laughed softly, “Did you know that a blind person’s skin is much more sensitive to someone who can see?”

I kissed her neck, “Of course I did, who do you take me for?”

She snorted, “My girlfriend, who else?”

I laughed, “Damn right I am.”

“Shut up,” she laughed.

“Why don’t you shut me up?”

She pulled my head back down so she could lower her mouth to lick a strip along where I could feel my pulse beat against my skin, nipping the skin just below my jaw. My back arched on it’s own accord, and I bit my lip hard enough that I swore I was going to break skin and forced myself to exhale slowly instead of all at once. She definitely knew how to shut me up.

I was glad that tonight wasn’t one of those days where we had any residual pain from our injuries. While, yes, we were healed, but sometimes my head or arm still ached and her shoulder still hurt at times. Tonight wasn’t one of those nights.

She nipped my neck again and poof my train of thought was gone. Gone like someone walking into a spider web. I didn’t mind though, it did the exact opposite of hurting.

She ran her tongue along my neck again and kissed the spots she bit. She nipped all over, sucking on the skin and leaving marks of her own, claiming me as hers. Not that I was complaining, she was as much mine as I was hers.

She bit at that one spot and my back arched sharply and I took the sharpest breath I’ve taken in quite awhile. She giggled and bit it again, sucking on it. My legs wrapped around her hips on their own accord and I swear on my life that I didn’t whine for a minute straight. Okay that’s a lie, I did make some more shameful noises at that moment in time.

She dragged her fingers down my side, making me shudder involuntarily, and nudged her ice cold fingers under my shirt, cooling to my already burning skin just a little.

She nipped at my neck and rested her hand on my hip, tracing circles with her fingers. It was all I could do to not buck my hips upward.

While it was hard to form coherent thoughts now, mostly because Terezi seemed dead set on getting me off, what kept me from reciprocating too much was the thought that came to surface as she ran her fingers up my stomach, leaving cool trails in her wake.

Had I manipulated people in relationships before? Yes. Was I proud of it? No. Had these subtle manipulations gotten me laid before? Yes. Was I proud of that? Not at all.

Somehow though, as much as I probably would have done anything to sleep with her right then and there, I didn’t want her to think that she had to. I didn’t want to manipulate her into this, I didn’t know why this was, I just knew that I didn’t want to hurt her like I hurt everyone else.

I wasn’t Gamzee, I wasn’t going to make her do anything she didn’t want to do. I wasn’t going to lay my hands on her in anything else but adoration and appreciation.

I traced circles on her back with my fingers, biting my lip to keep myself (mostly) quiet, with my whole body straining to not be swept away by her affections.

Normally I didn’t care who I hurt. I took what I wanted and cast aside the object of my manipulation like they were nothing. I knew I was a bitch, I was a huge bitch. I wasn’t a good person, and no one had ever come along to make me want to be one.

Until now. Something about her made me want to be a good person, at least to her. I guess being a bitch didn’t excuse me from having emotions.

I didn’t know why this was. I don’t know how she’s different from everyone. I never really had romantic feelings for many people anyway. I did for Kanaya in high school, but that went away pretty quickly.

I didn’t know why, I just didn’t want to use her like I’ve used everyone else.