Saved

Vriska: Be... kind

She pressed lightly on my lower stomach and God only knows why my back arched and and sounds that were definitely not words escaped from my throat.

Wait Serket, that’s not supposed to be what leaves your mouth right now.

I tried to open my mouth to speak but only moaned again when her fingers dipped just below my waistline, pressing lightly. I was too aroused to create coherent thought.

What was I trying to say? My memory had left me. She bit my neck again and I got lost in the sensation. What was I trying to say? Why didn’t I want to say anything?

My memory came back to me hazily. That’s right, I wanted to tell her that she didn’t have to do this if she didn’t want to.

He fingers slid lower and instead of speaking her name clearly, I moaned it instead. Her breath caught for a moment and she kissed at my neck again.

“Terezi…” I said a little clearer. “Hold on a sec.”

She stopped, pulling her fingers back out and nuzzling my neck with her nose, “Hm?”

I made my legs let go of her waist and I held her tightly, “You know you don’t have to do this if you don’t want to right? I’m not going to make you do anything you don’t want to do.”

She shrugged and instead of giving her a chance to talk, I continued, “I’m not Makara, I’m not going to use you. I don’t want to use you like I’ve used everyone else in my life…”

I felt her smile against my neck and she kissed it lightly, “You’re growing soft on me Serket.”

“Shut up! I’m trying to be nice,” if my face hadn’t already been red, it would have been now.

“I know,” she laughed. “I appreciate it too.”

She nipped my neck again before rolling off me, “If you don’t want to do anything either, I won’t make you.”

“Oh trust me, I want to, I just don’t want to make you think you have to. I’m not gonna go anywhere just because I’m not getting laid whenever I want. I’m not that much of a bitch,” I rolled onto my side and kissed her nose, pulling her into my arms. “If you’d rather cuddle or something, I’m down for that too.”

She nuzzled her head under my chin and I rubbed circles onto her back. She made a noise like she was thinking, and kissed my throat again, “Not sure, you are really hot, and I am really turned on by that, but I’m not sure if it’s too soon or not.”

“Then we don’t have to do anything,” I kissed her head. Her hair was soft, so I reached up and ran my fingers through it with the hand that wasn’t actually made of metal.

She hummed in thought again and rolled off and curled into my side, “I think waiting might be a better idea for now. Plus, then I can keep you in suspense!”

I snorted, “Suspense for what Terezi? Please enlighten me.”

She pressed her lips to my cheek and grinned, “Guess you’ll have to find out.”

I groaned in mock irritation, “You’re a little shit you know that?”

Rolling back over onto her back, she cackled, “You wouldn’t have me any other way would you?”

“I hate to admit this but you’re right.”

The next morning I woke up to Terezi tracing lines on my collarbones with her nails. She wasn’t scratching them or anything, she was just tracing lines. It was nice.

“Mornin’,” I muttered. “When did you wake up?”

“About an hour ago, damn do you sleep like the dead.”

“Do you even sleep Terezi? I swear you don’t.”

“I do! Just not as much as you do!”

I rolled my eyes, slowly feeling more awake, “I’m rolling my eyes again, how do you even function on less than eight hours of sleep?”

“I don’t need a lot of sleep like you do, and it’s almost noon! You’ve been asleep for at least eight hours now,” she stated, rolling her eyes. She didn’t have her glasses on yet, and she was laying on her side beside me. I slept on my back, so naturally I was laying on my back.

“It’s almost noon already? Damn, I might not have enough time to eat before your appointment.”

“We’ll grab food on the way, Mom said she’d be here at one.”

I sat up, groaning as I stretched. My stomach growled, “Can we get Taco Bell or something?”

“Yeah, there’s one on the way isn’t there?” She was in the middle of sitting up when her phone started ringing on the table next to the bed. I grabbed it before her, cackling, and saw it was her sister. I answered, “Heeeeeeeello Latula.”

“Oh hey girl! Where’s ‘Rezi?” she asked without missing a beat. She had recognized me immediately, but I was hard to forget so I wasn’t surprised.

“Sitting right next to me,” I stated, with the girl in question giving me death stares that would make you think that she could see. “I can give her a message though.”

Latula snorted, “Mom wanted to ask if you two wanted to go grab food before Terezi’s appointment, we’re almost there. We may have left a little early.”

“You mentioned food, I’m in,” I said quickly. My stomach was growling something fierce and I was always up for food anyway. Especially if I didn’t have to pay for it.

Terezi burst out laughing, “I’d be fine with food, as long as you don’t steal any of mine Vriska.”

“No promises!” I grinned at her before speaking into the phone to Latula again. “Where are we going to get food?”

“Probably Skaia Diner, Mom loves the place.”

“Hell yeah that place has the best pancakes, how far away are you?”

“‘Bout two minutes, better get ready girl!”

I tilted my head back and mouthed a few curses before lowering my head, “Okay, give us a minute.”

“Hurry up!” Latula laughed and hung up. I handed Terezi her phone before hopping off the bed and grabbing clothes. Terezi cackled as she got up and got dressed at how quickly I put myself together.

“You’re getting ready awfully fast for someone who usually has to drag herself out of bed and trips over eight things before getting herself together!” she cackled.

“Shut up! There’s food involved and I’m starving. Plus, Skaia Diner has the best pancakes in the state,” I shot back, tripping over my own pant leg and nearly bashing my head into the lamp. This naturally did not escape Terezi’s notice and she almost fell over from laughing.

“Shuuuuuuuut up Pyrope!” I groaned, finishing pulling my cerulean skinny jeans up and hooking my belt around through the loops to latch the pirate skull shaped buckle in place. After pulling my blank tank top down, but still behind the buckle, I pulled a grey, black, and cerulean plaid overshirt on. In one smooth motion, I turned to face Terezi while grabbing a hair tie off the desk to pull my hair up once I finished brushing it. “I can get dressed fast when I am properly motivated.”

“I can tell!” she laughed, finishing pulling a brush through her hair. Her hair was just too short to reach her plain black shirt that she wore with black jeans. She kicked on red shoes and grabbed her red and teal hoodie as I pulled on my red converse.

We headed out the door laughing, locking it behind us, and heading down to the ground floor to find that Terezi’s mom and sister were already there, Ms. Pyrope’s engine still running. They must have just gotten here.

Latula popped her head out from the passenger side window and with a smile on her face called out, “Get in! I’m hungry and this diner is totally wicked!”

I almost facepalmed as we climbed into the backseat of the bright red car. Latula talked like it was still the 90s, but whatever.

The drive there mostly consisted of Terezi and Latula messing with each other and banter between the two of them and myself. Ms. Pyrope was snickering through most of the ride, meaning she wasn’t irritated by the noise. Good, because it wasn’t stopping any time soon.

Well, it did when we got to the restaurant, whoops.

Or not really.

“Can we sit at the counter!?” Terezi asked, sounding extremely excited.

“Terezi that’s cliche as hell, pluuuuuuuus there’s already a ton of people at the counter,” I drawled.

She turned and flashed a grin at me, “Even so, I want to do it. I’m the one who’s getting her eyes fixed and I want to sit at the counter.”

I groaned as Latula snickered, saying, “We should totally sit at the counter.”

“You’re outvoted Serket!” Terezi turned fully to face me, holding her cane vertical in front of her and resting her hands on it. “The jury rules that we sit at the counter!”

I groaned again, leaning my head back to stare at the ceiling. I felt a smile try to tug it’s way at the corners of my lips but I shut it down before lowering my head back to eye level again. Latula and Terezi laughed and headed over to the counter, arms linked.

That left me and their mom to stand there awkwardly before looking at each other, shrugging, and walking over to sit with them.

Terezi sat between me and Latula, and Ms. Pyrope sat on the other side of her eldest daughter. The waitress who was manning the counter walked over, said hello, and gave us menus. I already knew I wanted the pancakes, but what kind of pancakes there were so many options.

Terezi “looked” at the waitress and said, “I don’t really need a menu, I can’t see.”

“Oh! I’m so sorry I didn’t-” she started apologizing and stammering.

“It’s fine,” Terezi laughed, handing back the menu. “I’ll have one of these guys tell me what’s on it.”

“Get the pancakes!” I hissed, smiling. That got the waitress to smile a little bit as she excused herself to go help another customer.

“What kind of pancakes do they have Vriska?” Terezi asked, tapping her head against mine. She was on my blind side so I didn’t even quite realize what she was doing until I turned my head and she tapped the very center of my forehead. Snorting, I pulled the menu up, “They’ve got blueberry, raspberry, cherry, peach, apple cinnamon, banana, and plain.”

“Cherry!” she exclaimed, right in my ear. I scrunched up my face in pain for a moment before rolling my eyes, “I’m rolling my eyes Terezi, I’m not surprised.”

“You shouldn’t be!” she bumped her head against the side of my head this time. “What are you getting?”

“Probably blueberry, I usually get that here.”

“You’re not going to try something new?”

“Nah, I don’t feel like it.”

She rolled her sightless eyes, “Isn’t that booooooooring though Serket?”

I pointlessly glared at her, “Is that a challenge?”

“It might be!”

“You’re on! I’ll get the damn apple ones then!”

Her grin was as wide as ever as the waitress came back. Terezi got the cherry pancakes, I got the apple cinnamon ones, Latula got a breakfast platter, and Ms. Pyrope got cherry french toast.

I nudged Terezi with my shoulder, “Betcha you won’t be able to eat all your pancakes before we have to leave for your appointment.”

She grinned, “Is that a challenge?”

“You bet your ass it is.”

“You’re on!”

Latula was snickering as I bumped heads with Terezi again and her mom was shaking her head with a smile. I was smiling too, I couldn’t deny that one.

Soon enough the waitress came back with our food, and by God the apple cinnamon pancakes looked amazing. I barely said, “Oh my God these are good,” before completely devouring them. The pancakes here were delicious.

Terezi devoured hers as well, mimicking me almost exactly by stating that they were delicious and not saying a word until they were gone.

Latula had laughed, saying, “Wow, if I ever need to get you two to be quiet I just need to give you wickedly good pancakes!”

I shot her a glare and went back to all but inhaling my pancakes.

After finishing them I pushed the plate away and rested my head on the counter, saying, “Those were so good.”

Terezi finished hers about the same time, “Aren’t you glad that I challenged you to try something new?”

“Fuck off!”

She cackled, arms wrapped around her stomach and everything. I groaned and sat upright, “You win this round Pyrope, but next time I’ll have you in my web!”

She laughed some more before calming down enough to speak again, “You keep telling yourself that. I on the other hand am going to go to the restroom while you plot a futile plan to try and one up me!”

“It won’t be futile just you watch!”

She laughed as Latula stated that she would be going with her, and the two younger Pyropes headed off to the restroom, leaving a semi-awkward silence.

After a few moments of me picking at my nails, Terezi’s mom spoke up, “You know, I almost took up the case on Aradia’s death.”

My head snapped to look at her, “You wha-”

“I couldn’t of course, conflict of interest, but I almost asked to try. Terezi was upset when she had died, even if she hadn’t know Aradia very well.”

I nodded slowly, “I was pretty upset about losing my arm and the use of my left eye too. She was at fault, hadn’t stopped or paid attention to where she was going, and I lost my arm and eye because of it.”

She nodded, “I know, and I can’t imagine how traumatic that was.”

I shrugged, “I have nightmares of it sometimes, but other than that it’s mostly just inconvenient.”

“I can imagine, Terezi would have nightmares at first when she lost her vision.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, don’t tell her I told you though.”

“I won’t,” I nodded as Terezi and Latula rounded a corner and came back up to us.

Ms. Pyrope smiled and stood, “We should get going, we don’t want to be late.”

I nodded sharply, “Oh yeah, Aranea would be pissed if we were late.”

Terezi smiled, “Then let’s go!”