Sequel: Until Forever Comes
Status: In Progress.

I Like the Remix

Moving In to a New Place

Raelyn Benson glanced behind her and rolled her eyes. “Are you coming or not?” She called, a small smile coming to her face at the look of frustration on her friend’s face. “Come on, Tori, it’s not that bad.”

“I don’t get why you’re in such a hurry to get up there. It’s an apartment… And it’s going to cost more than living with my mom did.” She stated with a huff. Needless to say, Victoria Thompson had needed some convincing on why they were moving from their previous living situation.

“Dude… We had to be back by nine PM. Don’t tell me you seriously enjoyed sneaking out to meet up with people.” Raelyn looked back at her incredulously. Victoria had been the social butterfly who could make friends with anyone back in high school. She wasn’t an A+ student, but got good enough grades to stay in whatever clubs or extracurriculars she wanted to be in. She could hang out with the goths one moment and then be sitting with the cheerleaders in the next.

Raelyn had been an outcast. She was the A+ student in advanced classes, the last one picked in gym and the one who would sit down and be ignored like she wasn’t even there. She’d had acne, thick-rimmed glasses, and had been slightly overweight. Nothing horrible, but picked on enough that she was the one who would wear unflattering long sleeved shirts and hoodies. Her one escape would come when she was done working on homework and made her way to the skatepark for a couple hours of freedom.

“I guess that was one downside… But I’m still not sold on this apartment.” Tori stated as she glanced around the simply furnished living room. “At least it’s closer to work. I still am in awe that we finally get to work together. I should have signed with them sooner.”

“Yeah, they’re more laid back than most modeling agencies.” Raelyn nodded. “Plus, I like that a lot of bands use us for music videos. You’ve seen ‘Glad You Came’ by The Wanted, right? I really liked being able to do a couple of tricks in it.”

“That looked like a huge party!” Tori stated excitedly as she recalled seeing the music video back in 2011. “And wait wasn’t that in Spain?!”

“Yeah. It was beautiful. And it turned into a party later on with all the alcohol and fun going on there.” Raelyn admitted with a chuckle. “But come on, be excited. We finally have our own place. No parents’ rules to follow. Just you and me.” She smiled brightly, relaxing a little bit when Tori nodded and returned the smile.
The next morning Raelyn and Tori headed for the set for the modeling job they had been offered. “Did they give any kind of idea for who we were working with?”

“Nope. Just that it was something for a band. They weren’t even sure if it was a music video or some kind of photo shoot.” Raelyn responded as she looked over the email on her phone again. She rolled her blue eyes. “I hate vague emails.”

“Well it can’t be that bad. I mean they chose the ‘Demons’ over the ‘Angels’ in the agency…” Tori stated referring to the name of the modeling agency, Angels and Demons modeling agency. There were two types of models available… The barbie doll models that were more likely to be seen on a Victoria’s Secret runway were known as the ‘Angels’ and the girls that were seen as a little edgier, with tattoos and piercings, were seen as the ‘Demons.’

“True. I still don’t like not knowing…” Raelyn sighed, brushing her dark brown hair out of her face. She glanced down at what she was wearing and frowned at the thought of having to change out of it. Her favorite pair of jeans, a crop top claiming she was a ‘Saint’ and a leather jacket covering her arms. She had contacts in and her back was towards the door as she looked Tori up and down. She was in a one armed tank top, jeans that showed off all the right places, and a strappy pair of heels that looked a little complicated to get off. Her lipstick nearly matched her dyed red hair.

“Oh come on, it won’t be that b-” Tori’s voice cut off as a group came through the door. “Cross that… I don’t know that you’ll like this, because I sure as hell don’t.” She grumbled upon seeing her exboyfriend amongst the five men walking in.

“How bad is it? Should I even turn around?” She asked in a whisper, almost wishing her friend knew sign language so she could ask that way instead.

“The director has good taste!” Came Johnny Seward’s voice, bringing back high school memories for both girls as Raelyn resisted the urge to cringe. She had been the butt of some of their teasing when she was younger, and had been beyond aggravated to be tormented by Johnny who was a year younger than her.

“They do look like they’ll work out pretty well,” An unfamiliar voice stated as Raelyn turned around and smiled brightly despite wanting to walk out the door. She could tell Tori was forcing a smile as well.

“Vikki?” Came the inquiring voice of Matt Sanders as he took a closer look at the two. Michelle who was standing next to Brian immediately glared as Val smiled at the revelation. “So who’s your hot friend?” He asked jokingly as Val went on to roll her eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the first chapter of a new story idea. Darkness Unleashed is my friend and is well aware that this story came from reading her story, Better Left Behind and told me to post it. Thanks for reading!