Sequel: Until Forever Comes
Status: In Progress.

I Like the Remix

Fighting Words

Victoria was furious. No furious wasn’t the right word… Tori was absolutely livid. She angrily slammed the cabinet door closed as she finished putting away all of the groceries. She wasn’t sure who she was angrier with… Brian who was still being a pain in her ass, even after all of the years apart, or Raelyn who hadn’t told her the truth about the previous night. Tori had worried for most of the night before getting that text message. And then continued to worry despite the message. She frowned when she heard a knock on the door.

She walked out of the kitchen and pulled open the door to find Raelyn on the other side, and resisted the urge to slam the door in her friend’s face. She walked back into the kitchen to find her purse, waiting until she heard the front door close before she whirled around to face the entrance to the kitchen. Once Raelyn came into sight, Tori lost it. “Really? You spend the night with Zacky and I have to hear about it from fucking Haner?!” She growled out.

Raelyn’s eyes widened in surprise. “It’s not what you-” Tori held her hand up and cut her off before she could continue.

“If you want to fucking sleep with him, go right ahead. But don’t fucking bullshit me. I left your fucking purse there, so have fun getting it back. You know the one thing I can’t stand in this world is liars… So why would you do this to me? And over Zacky fucking Baker? You two really deserve each other.” She sneered, grabbing her purse.

Raelyn frowned, her blood starting to boil. “If you really want to think that,” She clenched her fists at her sides to keep Tori from seeing that her hands were shaking. “Then go ahead. I’m so glad you think I’m some whore!” She exclaimed.

“Well, what do you expect me to think when you spend the night with a guy?!” Tori grumbled. “Are you telling me that the first time you stayed the night with Tuck, you guys didn’t do anything?” She asked, a dark look on her face.

Raelyn felt like she’d been punched in the stomach when she heard his name. She glowered at Tori, “You know, spending the night with someone doesn’t automatically mean that we were screwing one another. The first night I spent with Matt,” She paused, trying to will the tightness in her chest to go away. “We fell asleep on the couch watching movies and talking.”

Tori rolled her eyes. “Yeah, I’m sure that’s all you did.” Her voice was full of spite.

“You know, just because you can't spend the night at a guy's house without sleeping with him, doesn't mean I'm the same way. And it's good to know that’s the only thing you see in me.” Raelyn finally muttered as she walked away from her and into her bedroom, slamming the door shut. Raelyn let out a frustrated sigh as she slid down the door and pulled her knees to her chest. She hated fighting with Tori and would have to apologize for basically calling her a whore later.

Tori just glared at the closed bedroom door before deciding she needed to get away. She walked out of the apartment and down to her car, taking a moment to decide on where she wanted to go. Once she made a decision, she drove off.
Zacky’s drive home had been uneventful, so to find Meaghan sitting in his living room was unexpected. He let out a frustrated sigh, “As long as you’re here, you mind getting your crap out of my guest room?” He asked with a pointed glare. It had been the main reason he had put Raelyn in his room. He didn’t want her to see that Meaghan still had most of her things in his house. Hell, she had a closet full of clothes, and that was just in his house... She had multiple closets full of clothes in her home.

“No, I came to talk to you.” She told him as she batted her fake eyelashes at him. He rolled his eyes and stayed rooted to his spot. “Don’t be like that, Zacky.” She gave him a flirty smiled as she patted the couch next to her.

“I don’t want to talk. Get your shit, give me my key, and get the fuck out.” He stated clearly. When she made no attempt to to move, his tone changed from almost pleasant to dark. “Get your shit and get out, or I’ll have the police take you out.” He glared at her.

She rolled her eyes at him and stood up, she sauntered over to him and pressed her lips to his, pulling away when she felt no response. “I know you still love me.” She spoke softly, starting to try and turn him on as she trailed kisses down his neck, she frowned when he grabbed her by the wrists and pushed her back gently, and then held her there.

“What part of ‘it’s over’ do you not comprehend?” He grumbled. “Get your shit and get out.”

She scowled at him as she yanked her wrists out of his grasp. She brushed a loose strand her blond hair behind her ear. “You will regret this Zacky Baker.” She hissed as she stomped up the stairs to get some of her things. He rolled his eyes as he walked into the kitchen for his bottle of Jack Daniels. He sent a text to Brian asking him if he wanted to come over again and finish their conversation from earlier. He opened the bottle and went to take a sip when he felt a finger moving down his spine.

He let out a sigh and turned around to look at her and swallowed. Telling her to get out when she was fully clothed was one thing, now she had a smirk on her face as she stood in front of him completely naked. “W-what are you doing?”

“Anything you want me to,” She stated with an almost innocent smile. She reached over and started stroking my cheek with her hand. She then moved down towards the hem of his shirt. He swallowed hard as he reached forward and grabbed her arms to hold her away from him. “Oh Zacky, why are you denying it, I can tell you want me.” She smirked, glancing down towards his pants.

“What I want, is for you to get out.” He demanded quietly. “You’ve got two minutes before I call the police to escort you out.” He repeated before shoving her gently towards the stairs.

She scowled and stormed back up the stairs. And Brian had responded to his text saying he was on his way.
By the time Meaghan was done collecting some of her things, Brian was sitting in Zackys living room and the two were sitting in silence with beers in hand. She rolled her eyes at the scene before stomping past the two towards the door. “I’ll be back for the rest of my things later.” She stated, shooting a glare towards Zacky on the way out.

“So, that looks like it went well…” Brian chuckled. “At least she took some of her shit out of here.”

Zacky let out a heavy sigh. “Yeah, I can’t deal with her anymore. She’s taking it harder than I thought she would…” He admitted with a thoughtful look on his face. “I don’t even want to know how she would have reacted to finding out Raelyn was here.” He shuddered slightly at that thought before draining the rest of the bottle in his hand. “So what’s up with Michelle, why are you hiding out here?”

“When I went to my dad’s the other night… Tori was there, and then Michelle showed up. Plus I think she realized I was watching Tori all of yesterday too…” He admitted with a groan. “Plus I already told you she was being a bitch about it. If she were slightly normal, she wouldn’t be that jealous… But that would be asking for too much.” He downed the rest of his beer as well.

“Yeah, we fucked up when choosing girls.” Zacky sighed.

“Big time.” Brian admitted as he stared into the empty bottle. He had the perfect girl and he had fucked it up. Zacky couldn't relate to that because he had never had Raelyn to begin with.
Once Raelyn’s anger had died down and she had showered, she made her way to the Haner household. She walked up to the house and knocked on the door. She plastered on her fake smile just in time for Suzie Haner to open the door. “Oh, Raelyn, how can I help you, dear?”

“I think I may have left my purse here the other day.” She kept her answer short and sweet. Suzie stood back and let Raelyn walk into the house. She led her to the living room and then disappeared for a few moments before walking back in the room with her purse in hand. “Thank you,” She smiled and took the purse from the older woman. “I appreciate you holding onto it for me.”

“No problem, honey,” She smiled at her. “I’m really sorry about everything that went down yesterday. There was no reason for them to say those things.” Raelyn glanced back at Suzie in shock, she wasn’t expecting anyone to be very understanding about it.

“Thank you.” Her voice came out soft. She was about to say something else, but her phone went off, with a reminder. “Oh shoot, I forgot that was today. I’m sorry, I really need to get going. Tori is performing at that new cafe. Thanks again!” She stated with a quick smile towards the woman and heading towards the door, not having noticed McKenna standing in the kitchen doorway, listening in on the conversation.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to post. Thanks for reading and let me know what you think.