Sequel: Until Forever Comes
Status: In Progress.

I Like the Remix

Rude Fans and Odd Jobs

Raelyn woke up in her bed the next day, she turned her head to see Matt sleeping next to her. She smiled as she ran her finger along one of the tattoos on his right arm. After glancing over at her alarm clock, she begrudgingly forced herself to get up and walked out into the living room to see Tori sitting on the couch with a bowl of cereal. “I don’t remember moving last night…” She mused to Tori.

“That’s because your secret boyfriend moved you. You must have been exhausted to not even stir a little bit… Or he’s done this before and you’re used to it.” Victoria gave her theories and then stared at her deeply, wanting to know which theory was correct. She waited and tapped her foot impatiently until Raelyn rolled her eyes.

“I was exhausted.” Raelyn answered even though both were true.

“Okay. Thank you. So, your phone has been ringing non stop since like 8 AM. I almost answered it to tell them to leave you alone.” Victoria stated with a frown. “And there it goes again.” She put her bowl down so she could cross her arms and glare at the phone that had been abandoned on the coffee table the night before.

Once she saw it was filled with missed calls from her mother, she ignored the call and returned the call from work. After a brief conversation she put her phone back on the table. “They liked us for the music video. They said if anything else came up they would give us a call. He also mentioned that the band seemed impressed with the final cut. The music video will be premiering in a week.”

“You mean we actually have to watch it? I don’t even know what song it’s for… And I don’t think I’ve heard anything past their ‘Avenged Sevenfold’ album.” She stated with a look of disdain on her face.

“I don’t think we have to watch it, I was just passing along what he said.” Raelyn shrugged. She looked up to see Matt walk out of her bedroom. “Hey, thanks for moving me. I hate sleeping on couches…”

“I know.” Matt laughed. “I think you should make me breakfast as a thank you.” He grinned as she rolled her eyes and nodded. Victoria pouted on the couch.

“If I knew you were going to be cooking I would have waited!”
After breakfast, Victoria had left to finish up her job from the day before. Matt and Raelyn had opted for a beach day. After spending an hour getting distracted by little things, they had finally gotten ready and headed out for Raelyn’s Corolla. She handed the keys over, tossed their bag in the backseat and got in on the passenger side. She hooked up her iPod and hit play and the two were off to Long Beach.

After helping one another with sunscreen, they found a spot to camp out and took a seat on towels set out on the sand. “So you just came out here to visit me?” Raelyn asked curiously. He gave her a mischievous smile.

“It was definitely part of the reason.” She tilted her head at him. “The Golden God awards are coming up, and I was hoping you’d be my date.”

She smiled at him and shook her head. “You didn’t get sick of me after the Kerrang! awards?”

“I wouldn’t be asking you if I didn’t want you there. Come on, it’ll be fun. And good publicity.” He added on. “So, please accompany me to the Golden God music awards?” He asked as he took both of her hands in his and looked into her eyes.

Raelyn laughed and nodded. “Alright, I’ll be your date. When are they?”

“A couple of days from now…” He smiled sheepishly. “But hey, they’re always in Los Angeles so that’s not too far. And, I think we’ve spent enough time on the sand.” He declared, he quickly stood up and scooped up Raelyn.

“Matt!” She squealed and squirmed as he went straight for the water. Once he made it in far enough he dropped her, laughing as she resurfaced. “Mean!” She smacked his chest, but found herself unable to stay mad at him with the way he was smiling down at her. “You’re really lucky that you’re cute.” She stated firmly as she wrapped her arms around his neck and leaned up to kiss him lightly.

“How lucky?” He asked quietly as he placed his hands on her hips and closed the distance between their lips again. They pulled apart when they heard a girl screaming excitedly on the beach. Raelyn glanced back at the unwanted interruption and looked back up to see Matt looked a little miffed about it as well. But the girl was staring at him, and it would look bad if he was rude to a fan. “We’re not done here.” He promised Raelyn, kissing her quickly before slowly making his way towards the sand.

Raelyn followed slower since the girl had stopped looking at him long enough to shoot an envious glare at her. Matt had walked up to her with a smile, and the look on her face immediately changed as she basically threw herself at him. Raelyn made her way back to their towels and wrapped hers around her body. She pulled a brush out of the bag she had with her and tugged it through her tangled, wet hair. After finishing she threw it up in a messy bun and tossed her brush back in the bag as Matt walked over looking annoyed as the fan tagged along behind him.

“I thought you’d be prettier in person.” The girl told her rudely. Raelyn raised an eyebrow at her and then glanced over at Matt who looked like he had heard enough.

“Look, it was nice to meet you, Tessa was it? But I was just looking to spend my day off with my girlfriend, who you’re being completely rude to, by the way. I appreciate your support of my band’s music, but I have to go.” He grabbed his towel from the ground, wrapped it around his waist and then grabbed their bag. Before Raelyn could say anything he had taken her left hand in his right hand and they were headed back towards the parking lot.

“Thank you.” She spoke softly, he squeezed her hand in response and stayed silent as they walked up to her car.
Victoria resisted the urge to glare at the group of men standing off to the side of the photo shoot. Once again, she hadn’t been informed of who the job was for. She had been hired by Larry Jacobson to model the women’s clothing on Avenged Sevenfold’s website. She let out a relieved sigh as the photographer spoke up. “That should be all we need, thank you Ms. Thompson.”

She gave a polite smile and headed to the back area to change out of the tank top she was in and back into her shirt. Right after she had pulled the tank top up and over her head, she heard a low whistle. “Damn, I didn’t think you were serious about getting your back tattooed.”

Victoria’s cheeks heated up in both embarrassment and anger. He had no right to be staring at her half naked. Not anymore. She quickly pulled her shirt over her head and turned around to glare at Brian Haner… No, he wasn’t Brian Haner to her anymore. He was just Synyster Gates, an asshole who pretended to care and then broke her heart. “You have no right to be looking at me. You have a wife. And shouldn’t be walking into a girl’s dressing room to begin with. Fuck off, asshole.”

She went to walk past him out the door, and he caught her arm to keep her from continuing on. “Come on, don’t be like that, Ria.” Brian stated, the use of a nickname that only he had ever used had her chest aching.

“Don’t call me that. You don’t get to call me that. Fuck you. Leave me alone.” She pulled away from him and slapped him in the face when he refused to let go. “Don’t touch me.” She walked out the door and past the guys who all looked curious after hearing the reverberating sound of her slapping the taste out of Syn’s mouth.

She made her way to her black 2010 Mustang GT and opened the door quickly. She rushed through buckling her seatbelt and starting the car before racing towards her apartment. Her fingers were clenched so tight around the steering wheel her knuckles were white. She slid into a parking spot and put the car in park. Tori grabbed her bag from the passenger side of her car and headed for the stairs.

She made her way up and let herself in. Tori dropped her keys on the table next to the door and glared at the floor, shaking in anger. She looked up when she heard “Oh, momma noooooo!” The scene cut out and started again with Will Smith repeating his line and dancing a bit. She noticed Raelyn’s eyes were on her while Matt kept his eyes on the screen. Her best friend patted the spot on the couch next to her, and Tori dropped her bag and walked right up and sat down. She rested her head on Raelyn’s shoulder and sighed deeply. Her anger fading slightly.

“The shoot was for their merch. Brian went and ugh. I want to punch him, but I settled for slapping him across the face.” Tori grumbled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I'm actually writing this a lot faster than I was anticipating. I hope you guys like it, there is more coming. I'd like to thank my friend, Darkness Unleashed, for motivating me to continue writing more and for promoting my story. If you haven't checked out Never Left Behind, I recommend it since it helped me think of this story. And once I remember how to put links in my author's notes... I will provide links to her profile and story.

Anyways, thanks for reading and I hope to read your opinions on how I did and how you're liking the story so far.