Deadly Weapons

Chapter 15: Clearer Understanding

Chapter 15: Clearer Understanding

I woke the next morning wrapped in sheets with an arm wrapped around my waist I smiled at the thought of what happened last night. I rolled over as carefully as I could but I felt him begin to stir.
 
“Sorry I woke you.” I whispered wrapping my arm around him.
 
“Don’t worry about it.” He replied with his eyes half closed and sleep still heavily laced in his voice, which I thought was cute. Throughout the time we lay there I forgot about everything that had happened the day before; all of the Ronnie business seemed like a distant memory in the back of my mind and it was the first time in a long while that I felt safe.
The door burst open revealing TJ we jumped upright as he spoke, “Guys Jacky is cooking- woah okay I see you two got friendly last night.” He stopped mid step when he saw us, after he got over the initial shock of walking in on the two of us a smirk found its way onto his face causing me to roll my eyes.
 
“Yeah, yeah I’m ready for all the bad one liners you're going to throw at us.” His smirk grew bigger and I could tell that he was about to say something then so I quickly changed the subject. “What is Jacky cooking?”
 
The smirk however never left his face and I knew that Craig and I were never going to live this down, “Breakfast, be down in 5 if you want everything explained to you.”  With that he left the room again, I looked over at Craig who looked more than embarrassed and he buried his face in the base of my neck and planted a kiss there.
 
“Kiss me there again and we may have a repeat of last night,” I murmured as he started to kiss up my neck to my jaw line.
 
“I wouldn’t mind.” He replied voice barely above a whisper before pressing his lips to mine.
 
“You two are like dogs in heat c’mon!” Andy shouted through the door, well it didn’t take long for TJ to open his mouth to everyone else. I heard Craig sigh before pulling away from me.
 
“We should probably get ready.” He said I agreed reluctantly. I got dressed in the clothes I had brought with me and decided to skip doing my makeup and just tie my hair up in a ponytail before heading downstairs hand in hand with Craig where everyone was already waiting for us in the kitchen. As soon as we entered the room their eyes were all on us as we entered the kitchen and smirks were on all of their faces I ignored it and sat on Craig's lap it was silent for a couple seconds before Ashley and TJ burst out laughing like immature schoolgirls. 
 
"Anyway now we’ve got that over with, I believe you guys have some explaining to do." 
 
"Well what do you know?" Andy asked. 
 
"Only what Craig's told me, but it's all still confusing to me." 
 
"Alright, well what’s confusing you?” Jacky asked.
 
“Well one of the main things that I don’t understand is why don’t you guys like burn up in the sun?”
 
Andy let out a chuckle before asking, “Well I take it you know about half bloods and true bloods?” I nodded. “Well as you know we’re half bloods so we have some human qualities and some, not so human qualities. Because of that and some mutation in a gene we don’t burn up in the sun.”
 
“Is it the same for Ronnie, Natasha and their lot?”
 
“Not exactly.” Craig replied.
 
“No, they can go out in the sun but they can’t be exposed to it for long periods of time.” Jacky explained.
 
“But Natasha seems fine at school?”
 
“Do you ever see her out at lunch? Or walking around the place during free periods?” Ashley asked, thinking about it I had only ever seen her in the classes I had with her and very occasionally walking between classes. “There you go then.”
 
“So what else is different between the two?”
 
“We have higher senses than you do but true bloods have even higher senses than we do and the only way you can really kill true bloods is stabbing them through the heart-” Andy began.
 
“Or by caving their heads in,” TJ added with a smile and a shrug, I was starting to understand all this a lot more than I was before.
 
“So what happens if say Ronnie were to bite one of you guys?”
 
“That would kill us.” Craig replied.
 
“But why?”
 
“It would cause too many toxins to run through our blood, our bodies wouldn’t be able to handle it.” Ash explained. The guys also went on to tell me how they’d all ended up meeting, I’d learnt that Jacky used to live in Portsmouth in the UK but his parents had been killed which put him in danger so he moved to the States with his Aunt and Uncle. All of the guys had a pretty gnarly backstories that made me look at all the guys in a different light.
 
“You feeling less confused now?” Jacky asked.
 
“Yeah a lot less, I feel really bad for lashing out on you guys though.” I admitted looking down at my lap where Craig’s hands and mine were intertwined.
 
“Don’t worry about it, like you said all this was fiction to you a few weeks ago its understandable.” Craig said reassuringly, the guys agreed with him. They filled me in on some other details about their way of life and I now had the information I wanted to really know about them and I felt so much better and a lot less awkward around the guys. We headed out to a lake that Andy had found the last time he was here with his parents. As soon as the guys saw it they stripped out of their clothes and jumped into the lake creating a very loud splash, leaving me to pick up their discarded jeans and shirts and put them somewhere where they wouldn’t get dirty.

It was a really nice lake and unlike a lot of other lakes around the area, the water in this one was a lot cleaner. It was a fairly small but it was very secluded just like the area that it was in which, gave us free reign to do whatever we wanted without risk of being reported to the cops by other people. 
 
“Come on Lexi, leave them there and join us!” TJ shouted from the water.
 
I shook my head, “I don’t have a swimming costume or anything plus someone needs to watch your belongings.”
 
“Who around here is really going to steal our stuff?” Andy asked raising an eyebrow at me.
 
“You never know, and my first point still stands I have nothing to swim in.” They didn’t say anything after that, but I could tell that they were up to something because every few seconds they’d look over at me and whisper to each other. Craig eventually got out and started walking toward me with his arms outstretched I eventually clicked onto what they were planning and I jumped up and started to back away from Craig who was still walking toward me with a smirk on his face.
 
“You put me in that water you’ll pay.” I warned, as he got closer.
 
“Ooo, I like the sound of that babe.” Without even having time to think I was hoisted over Craig’s shoulder and from what I could gather we were running back toward the water.
 
“Craig Edward Mabbitt you put me down right now!” I exclaimed thrashing my legs around, I could hear the loud obnoxious laughter from the guys who were probably going to tease me later on for how I was acting.
 
“Ow you kicked me in the face!”
 
“Goo- Ah!“ The water was freezing cold as it hit me, as I resurfaced the guys were unsuccessfully attempting to keep straight faces but they cracked a few seconds later and their roaring laughter filled the air again. I pushed my hair out of my face and felt arms wrap around my waist.
 
“Sorry babe but that was an opportunity I couldn’t pass up.” He said above the laughter from the guys, I spun around and smacked Craig in the face. “Okay I deserved that.”
 
“Ya think?”
 
“Do you forgive me?” He asks pulling the best pout he could muster without laughing, his wet hair was stuck to his face making him so much hotter but I decided to play with him for a bit longer. I shook my head, which made him pout I did my best to hide my laughter.
 
"Hey Craig she's pissed at you man!" Andy hollered over to the two of us, I stuck my finger up at them not being able to bite back my laughter any more. With my other hand I pulled Craig closer to me by his necklace that was hanging loosely around his neck and pressed my lips to his. I felt his smile grow bigger as we kissed I felt his hand trail up under my shirt as the kiss became more feisty. 
 
"Alright you two get your tongues out of each others mouths and let's enjoy the rest of the afternoon." TJ shouted to us swimming over and pushing us apart. I gave him evils and splashed water in his face which of corse turned into a very competitive water fight.