Deadly Weapons

Chapter 16: Missing

Chapter 16: Missing
Craig’s POV:
 
The sun was starting to set when we left the lake; because I had thrown Lexi in the water in fully clothed in the only set of clothes that she’d brought with her to the lake I gave her my shirt and hoodie to wear on the walk back to the cabin. Once we got back to the cabin the guys headed upstairs to change into their pajamas or take a quick shower, I followed behind Lexi who was currently searching for her pajama bottoms that she thought she had brought in the house with her.
 
“They’ve gotta be in the car babe,” I told her as she flung the contents of her small case over the room.
 
“I’m sure I put them in the case, why would they be in the car?” She asked standing up straight from her previous hunched position.
 
I shrugged. “Dunno, do you want me to out there and look for them?”
 
She shook her head, “Nah I’ll go, where are the keys?”
 
“Ashley had them last time I checked.” She thanked me with a quick kiss and left to find Ash. I quickly changed and headed downstairs where Ashley, Jacky and TJ were sat on the couches eating food they had found out of the cabinets, I joined them and waited for Lexi and Andy to join us. Andy appeared about five minutes later but Lexi still hadn’t returned, and I seemed to be the only one who really found it strange. I sat there for a few more minutes when we heard loud frantic banging coming from the back door, which made us all jump.
 
“Why is she coming through the back?” Ash asked.
 
“More to the point why is she frantically banging at the door?” Andy added. The banging continued until TJ answered it.
 
“Hey Dude! Get back here! You’re not coming in! Hey!” We jumped out of our seats at the commotion but as we were about to go and see who it was, one of the guys I recognized from the night that Ronnie had attacked us at TJ’s burst into the room quickly followed by TJ who, grabbed the kid's shirt and pulled him backward.
 
“Please! Here me out!” The kid pleaded as he tried to brake free of TJ’s grasp.
 
“Why should we listen to you? You’re one of Ronnie’s pack.” Andy questioned eyeing the kid up and down skeptically, his cold blue orbs burring into the kids body; if looks could kill he’d be 6 ft deep.
 
“Because I’m not! I’m not one of them! I’m like you guys, I'm a half blood!” That I certainly wasn’t expecting. “Please let me go you’re in a lot of trouble.”
 
TJ scoffed, “Why the fuck would we believe you? Last time we saw you, you were fighting against us. How do we know that this isn’t a trap?” 
 
“If you want to check me for wires, weapons, bombs anything then go for it but you're only putting yours and your friends life in danger- wait where is she?”
 
I threw him a questioning look, was he talking about who I think he was talking about? “Who Lexi?”  
 
“Yeah her! Where is she?” He asked again, this time with more force like he was demanding an answer.
 
“Why would we tell you? We don’t know who you are?!” Ashley spat in disgust.
 
“Hi my names Cody, nice to meet you all, shame it’s under life or death circumstances and you’re all choosing to waste time with formalities!”
 
“Dude, now’s not the time to get smart with us.” Andy warned.
 
“What’s going to happen that’s going to put us all in trouble?” I asked Cody who was now being searched by TJ for anything that could be seen as a threat.
 
“It’s Ronnie and his gang. They’re coming here tonight to ‘finish what they started’.”
 
“And how does that put Lexi in danger?” Jacky asked.
 
He threw us a look that chilled me to the bone, “If they find her, they’ll kill her.”