Deadly Weapons

Chapter 7: Secrets Revealed

Chapter 7: Secrets Revealed
 
“So Craig and you huh?” TJ smirks at me nudging my arm lightly as we walked the usual route to school.
 
“There is no ‘Craig and I’ we’re friends that’s all.” I shrugged looking down at my converse clad feet.
 
“Yeah, friends with benefits.” I heard him mumble, I shot him a warning glare, letting him know that I wasn’t in the mood for any of his bullshit. “I bet if we hadn’t of interrupted your little… thing, y’all would’ve been fucking against that wall like there was no tomorrow,” I smacked his arm lightly just as we reach the front gates to school.
 
TJ continued to crack jokes about Craig and I as we walked over to our usual bench where everyone was sat around looking half dead- I smirked knowing it was because of the alcohol intake from last night.
 
“Good morning, good morning, why do you look half dead? Good morning, good morning to you!” I sang sitting next to Andy who had his head on the bench top and his eyes shut.
 
“Why are you so happy this morning?” Ashley groaned from his spot pitched next to Jacky and Andy with sunglasses covering his eyes.
 
“Because I clearly don’t suffer from hangovers as bad as you guys. Plus at least you didn’t have to clean up the mess you all made before my mom got back! I was up till half one clearing your shit!” I exclaimed prodding Andy’s cheek, his eyes scrunched up and he lazily batted my hand away from his face.
 
“Yeah, yeah whatever, less talking woman!” Andy mumbled still half asleep- they wouldn’t last the day without falling asleep in at least one class. I smiled and shook my head deciding it was best to just let them get as much rest as possible before first period.
 
-*-
I was right, the guys didn’t last the day without falling asleep in one of their classes, the only one who got told off for it though was Craig who stupidly decided to doze off in our Science class which ended up in him receiving a harsh wake up call and a lunch detention.
 
TJ was the only one who wasn’t sleep deprived at the end of the day so he came back to my house with me and helped me with some coursework I had to do and sat with me and watched movies back to back- as each movie progressed I slowly began to notice that he got quitter and quieter until he suddenly jolted up making me jump.
 
“What’s wrong?” I asked sitting up, he said nothing as he stormed toward my hallway. I sighed and followed him where I saw him slipping on his shoes and then his hoodie.
 
“Where are you going TJ?” I asked irritated that he was rushing off like this, again.
 
“Nowhere to your concern.” He muttered pulling out a cigarette and lighter from his hoodie pocket. He lifted the lighter up to the end of his cigarette and he was about to light it and walk out the door but I snatched the lighter from his grasp, this wasn’t happening again.
 
"TJ just tell me where the hell you’re going! You always do this! If its not you it’s Andy or Ashley or Jacky or even Craig. I'm sick of it!" I hissed, his dark stare shifted from me to the lighter in my hand, he reached out to snatch it back from me but I smacked his arm away which caused a low snarl escaped his throat, I reared my arm back, chucked his lighter at him which he caught with ease and stepped away from him. 
 
"Just let me go." His voice was a lot deeper now and I didn't want to question it further causing him to get angrier so I held my arms up in defeat. Without another word he lit his cigarette and rushed out of the door quickly rushing down the path until I couldn't see him any longer. I sighed and shut the front door.

What was it with these guys?
Why were they so secretive?
Why did they seem to know exactly what I was thinking too? 
 
I wandered back into my living room where the long forgotten movie was still playing to itself; I sat on the windowsill and watched the world go by blocking out any sound coming from my TV. I was in a daydream, lost in my thoughts for a good fifteen minutes- that was until I saw a group of strangely familiar guys walking down the sidewalk, hoods up and heads down.
 
I sat up and watched them until it hit me that it was the guys! I rushed out to the hallway and threw my hoodie on and slipped on my vans before heading out onto the street making sure that I kept my distance from them so they wouldn’t notice me. I carefully followed their every twist and turn, I became confused when they reared away from the main streets of the city and began making their way toward a wooded area that I had no idea existed until then. 
 
I followed them for a little while longer when they stopped behind a cluster of trees, I halted to a stop and hid myself behind a large hedge that was near by and peered through the leaves and branches watching them carefully. I strained my ears to attempt to hear what they were saying, but the wind blowing harshly and the distance between us meant that I couldn’t distinguish what they were saying.
I saw what looked like Craig pointing using vigorous hand gestures and pointing in various directions around where the group was stood.
 
It was annoying me that I couldn’t hear what was being said so, I decided to shuffle undetected to a spot I noticed behind a tree. I was about to get up and try and maneuver myself closer to where they were stood but as I lifted my left foot of the ground, I lost my balance and fell flat on my butt causing twigs to snap and leaves to crunch under my weight, I prayed that the guys hadn’t noticed but of course they had and they were now staring in my direction. I mentally cussed myself over and over as I watched Craig strut forward to the hedge.
 
“What the fuck are you doing here?” He hissed as he grabbed my arm hoisting me off the ground before he’d really even seen me probably.
 
“I could say the same for you.” I retorted snatching my arm away from his grasp.
 
“Craig leave it-“ TJ started but Craig held his hand up to shut him up.
 
“No, I want to know why she’s been stalking us.” He snarled baring his teeth, I frowned when I noticed that they were considerably sharper and looked more pointed than normal.
 
“I want to know what’s going on with you lot!” I exclaimed, “All of you act so weird! You always look at me as if you know what I’m thinking or you know the next thing I’m about to say. Not to mention the fact that you randomly fuck off random places when were hanging out and don’t tell me where you’re going, and for god-sakes your freaking eyes change colour! What is up with you guys?!”
 
“Lexi go now, its not safe here.” Craig hissed in warning completely ignoring my flood of questions, I sighed in frustration raking a hand through my hair pushing it out of my face.
 
“I’ll go if you tell me what the fuck is going on with you lot!”
 
“I didn’t know we were inviting outsiders to the club, Craig?” A voice from the trees divulged mockingly. We turned sharply just in time to see three figures emerge from the trees, one a few steps in front of the other two. I squinted to get a better look at the three; all of them had a threatening aura about them especially the one who was in front.
 
“What the fuck do you want Radke?” Craig growled pushing my back slightly with his arm, the guys laughed and the one who Craig called ‘Radke’ sauntered forward a few more steps walking into the strip of moonlight that streaked through the trees. His long raven hair framed his pale face and his dark brown eyes locked straight onto my emerald green ones causing me to feel un nerved, his smug smirk caused his top lip to lift up slightly causing one of his considerable sharp canines to poke out of it.
 
He chuckled darkly and finally turned his cold stare to Craig. “That’s no way to talk to me Mabbitt, especially when there’s such a… delightful looking girl in our presence.”
 
“She’s off limits Ronnie.” Ashley growled, stepping forward in a protective manor but this didn’t seem to faze Ronnie or the two guys stood behind him as they simply laughed again.
 
“If I were you Purdy I’d keep your mouth-.” One of the guys threatened, he looked a lot like Ronnie only his hair was longer and he had more piercings than Ronnie did, Ronnie held his hand up mid rant to stop the guy from speaking further.
 
“Now Max put your claws away, after all at least you don’t fuck every girl you see then discard her like trash the next day.” The three of them laughed again which caused Ashley to growl making him sound more dangerous than before. I could see he was about to lunge for Ronnie so I grabbed his arm trying to stop him.
 
“Not the time Ash.” I muttered to him, he threw me a sideways glance before I felt his muscles relax. I released my grip on his arm and let my head drop not wanting to look at Ronnie any more- he freaked me out.
 
“Will you just leave us alone? Now’s not the time.” Andy sighed.
 
“Oh Andrew!” Ronnie exclaimed sarcastically. “I almost missed you, ya know with you hiding in the shadows like the fucking coward you are.” He smirked clearly liking that he was getting under their skin. Andy stormed over to where Ronnie was stood and griped his hoodie in a tight grasp. Max and the other silent one rushed forward to push Andy off but Ronnie held them back.
“Its alright boys,” The two of them backed off. “I’m not here to taunt you gentlemen tonight I want to know who this lovely lady is.” I felt his eyes burning holes in my head and I didn’t want to look up from my shoes but the feeling was causing my nerves to crack and I peered up, looking at him through my hair, he had pushed Andy off him and was now walking forward toward me- why did I follow the guys?
 
Craig moved so he was completely in front of me and I hid behind him, I hadn’t been this scared of anyone ever and I hated the feeling.
 
“So this is your new chew toy then Craig?” Ronnie smirked tilting his head to the side- wait did he just call me a chew toy? “You really got a good one this time mate I’ll tell you that.”
 
“Chew toy?” I questioned, my voice coming out in a meak mumble but it was loud enough for Ronnie to hear.
 
“Oh,” Ronnie chuckled darkly a wicked smirk spread across his face. “She doesn’t know does she?”
 
“Don’t you dare Radke.” TJ threatened from behind me.
 
“What are you guys talking about?” I asked, my voice firmer and more demanding this time.
 
“Did they not tell you sweetheart? You’re buddies and new fuck boy here are vampires,” My jaw dropped, what the fuck was this guy on?
 
I let out a cold laugh, “You are on some seriously messed up shit, I’d go get yourself checked out hun because there’s something loose up there.” I tapped my temple as I spoke, I saw a look of anger flash across Ronnie’s face but it quickly disappeared and the creepy smile found its way back onto his face.
 
“Oh sweetie I wish I was joking, but all of them questions you were demanding Craig here to answer earlier are easily answered.” I furrowed my brows together in confusion. “They’re vampires- well half vampire.”
 
“He’s joking right?” I asked the guys, none of them spoke, and hell none of them even looked me in the eye. I slowly began to back away from them. “Right?!”
 
Craig shook his head ‘no’, “He’s right.”
 
A dark chuckle escaped my lips as the information processed in my head, “So you were just going to keep this a secret? None of you were going to tell me this!” I roared angry tears quickly filling my eyes.
 
“We were going to tell you we jus-“ TJ started.
 
“You just what? Couldn’t find the right way too? Or none of you had the balls too?”  Craig reached out and tried to grab my arm but I battered it away from me. “No! Fuck you! Don’t touch me!” I screamed before using all the energy I could muster into spiriting back toward the city. I could hear their calls after me and Ronnie’s dark chuckles but I kept on running, my mind was too clouded to think clearly and my vision was too blurred to feet 2 feet ahead of me as I ran, but I kept on running forward doing everything I could to get as far away from them as possible.