One Direction One Shots

Zayn Malik 1

*Zayn’s POV*
I stared down at the song our management had given us. The song was entitled: Loved You First. At the sight of most lyrics made me think of her. I started thinking about everything we had done together for the past couple of months before she found herself a boyfriend. I know you’re probably thinking how could she have another boyfriend if she’s dating you? Well, we weren’t exactly dating, although I wanted to be but, she only saw me as a best friend. Which we were, but that wasn’t enough for me. I just wish she could see that I wanted to be more than that, but she didn’t. Hence the need for her boyfriend, Jacob.
Girl it should be me, driving to your house
Knocking on your door, kissing you on the mouth
Holding on your hand, dancing in the dark
‘Cos I was the only one who loved you from the start
But now when I see you with him
It tears my world apart
I sigh and look around at the other boys and chuckle to myself. Louis was running around like an idiot, Liam yelling at him to stop, Harry flirting with fans on Twitter, and Niall practically eating everything we had in the fridge. I chuckle and look back down at the lyrics, remembering every single detail about her.
Because I’ve been waiting
All this time to finally say it
But now I see your heart’s been taken
And nothing could be worse
Baby I loved you first
Had my chances
Could have been where he is standing
That’s what hurts the most
Girl I get so close but now you’ll never know
Baby I loved you first
“You should really talk to her,” someone above me said. I look up and Liam was standing above me. “How’d you know I was thinking of her again?” I ask. “Because I know you, Zayn. And I know your ALWAYS thinking of her,” he replied. “So, what are you waiting for? Give her a call!” Then he walked away and I looked down at my phone, knowing she was one quick call away.
Girl it should be me, calling on the phone
Saying you’re the one and that I’ll never let you go
I never understood what love was really like
But I felt it for the first time looking in your eyes
But now when I see you with him
My whole world falls apart
One ring. Two rings. Three rings. I was starting to get impatient when I hear her voice on the other end of the line. “Hello?” she asked. “Hey, it’s me,” I reply, smiling. “Define ‘me’. Just kidding. I know it’s you Zayn. So, how’s it been going lately?” she says. “Well, there’s something I’ve been meaning to ask you,” I started.
Because I’ve been waiting
All this time to finally say it
But now I see your heart’s been taken
And nothing could be worse
Baby I loved you first
Had my chances
Could have been where he is standing
That’s what hurts the most
Girl I get so close but now you’ll never know
Baby I loved you first
“About what?” she asked me, clearly confused. “Well, would you maybe want to go on a date with me?” I manage to stutter out. She pauses before asking, “As friends?” “No,” I immediately reply. She pauses again before answering, “Alright Zayn, I’ll go out with you. But where do you want to meet?” I told her that I would pick her up in about an hour and hung up the phone.
First touch, first kiss
First girl who made me feel like this
Heartbreak, it’s killing me
I loved you first why can’t you see
I’ve been waiting
All this time to finally say it
But now I see your heart’s been taken
Nothing could be worse
*An hour later*
I cautiously knocked on her down and shove my hands deep in my pockets. About three minutes later, she opens the door and step outside, tears streaming down her face. “Oh my God, what the heck happened in there?” I ask grabbing her shoulders. “J-J-J-J-J-Jacob br-br-broke up with m-me,” she stuttered out. I wrapped my arms around her and told her everything was going to be ok. We sat and talked at the park for about three and a half hours.
Baby I loved you first
Had my chances
Could have been where he is standing
That’s what hurts the most
Girl I get so close but now you’ll never know
Baby I loved you first
Baby I loved you first
Baby I loved you first
Oh yeah
I looked over at her and realized that she looked extremely beautiful the way the sun highlighted her features. I smiled and said, “Ya know, I loved you first. Before Jacob, before anyone.” She didn’t respond, but I didn’t expect her to, because right then and there, I kissed her.
Baby I loved you first