Status: Complete

Breath Into Me

Fourteen

*Nat's pov*
(2 weeks later Feb 10)
The guys left for Europe 2 days ago so I was hope alone...well with Brooklynn who was upstairs asleep while I sat downstairs drawing up some designs...suddenly there was a knock at the door I got up and answered it to see Kaci and Twitch.."Hey.."
Twitch looked at me with sorrow in his eyes...and Kaci looked like she had been crying.."Nat sit down.."
I raised an eyebrow "What's going on guys?"
He sighed "Lusk was in an accident the other day...he crashed and hit head first...we got a call not too long ago from Ashley...Nat...he didn't make it.."
I shook my head "No...I just talk to him last week..he can't be.."
Twitch nodded "He's gone Natalie.."
I bit my lip fighting back tears.."He said he's be careful.."
He hugged me "Nat.."
I broke down in tears..."No.."
Twitch sighed as he rubbed my back "Shh.."
I pulled away wiping my eyes "Can you watch Brooke..I have to go see Brian.."
He nodded "We'll watch her.."
I grabbed my phone, purse and keys..I slipped on my shoes quickly and rushed out to my car...I sped off to Brian's when I got there I rushed into the house to find Ronnie, Beau, Todd and Brian sitting on the couch.."Someone please tell me this isn't true..that this is someone idea of a fucking joke...tell me Jeremy is going to walk through that door laughing like he alway does.."
Brian shook his head "No Nat...he's gone.."
I shook my head "No.."
He walked over and hugged me "Nat don't.."
I buried my face into his shoulder and cried..my best friend is dead..just days after I talked to him...suddenly Ash popped into my head "Ashley?"
Ronnie sighed "She flew out to San Jose after the accident..she called us and told us the he passed.."
I sighed deeply "Damn it..this isn't fair..why Jeremy?"
Brian shrugged "Life isn't fair."
I sat down in a chair "Right.."
He sighed "Who has Brooke?"
I sighed "Twitch and Kaci are watching her.."
Brian nodded "Go home...be with your daughter and call Jorel...that's all you can do right now...if we find out more I'll call you first thing I promise.."
I sighed softly and nodded "Okay.." I hugged the guys and left...when I got home and Twitch and Kaci left..I walked upstairs and took a shower and put on some pajama pants and a tank top..I walked into my daughter's room to find her wide awake playing with the bear Jeremy got her for her birthday..I smiled slightly and picked Brooke up and her bear then sat down in the chair "What you got here Brooke.."
Brooklynn looked at me "Boo."
I kissed the side of her head "Remember Brooklynn no matter what me and your daddy love you so much..nothing in the world is ever going to change that..and all your uncles love you just as much..you're aunts too...and your Uncle Jeremy loved you too...just like you were his own flesh and blood.." after I fed her, bathed her and got her ready for bed I sat in the chair and just held her until she fell asleep...I layed her in bed and placed the bear in her arms..I sighed softly and flipped on the monitor then turned off the lights..I went to my room and got in bed...I picked up my phone and called Jorel..my voice cracked "Baby.."
"Nat whats wrong.."
I bit my lip "Jorel...Jeremy's dead..."
"Twitch?"
I shook my head "No...Lusk."
"Baby I'm sorry...you okay?"
I shook my head "I don't know...he had an accident during his run on the 7th...he passed earlier today."
"We'll be home in a week or so...will you be okay?"
I nodded "I think so...baby my best friend is dead...and I came home and Brooklynn was sitting in bed playing with the bear he got her.."
"You know this is probably the last thing he would want you doing...crying over him...try to remember all the good stuff you two have been through...like I don't know..you helping him propose to Ashley.."
I sighed "Ashley...god I haven't even thought about calling her...all I could think about how you're in another country and our daughter."
"She won't hold that against you...why don't you call her now and I'll call you tomorrow?"
I shook my head "No...I need to here your voice..I'll call her tomorrow so I don't break down because if I called her now I would and she doesn't need that."
"Well I'm just sitting out here on the hotel balcony smoking so just talk I'll listen."
I sighed "I'd rather here you tell me how everything is going."
"It's going good..Europe is amazing...I'm definetly bringing you and Brooke out here oneday...let her live the rock star child life."
I smiled "Don't spoil her too much.."
"Natalie...I know you had a close relationship with Jeremy but from what I know he would kick your ass for crying."
I laughed slightly "I wish you were home right now."
"I'll be home soon..baby I will..until then keep you're head up becuase Ashley is going to need all of you..but with you being his best female friend she'll probably lean on you more so stay the strong woman I fell in love with.."
I sighed deeply "I love you.."
"I love you too..more than I could ever say...now get some sleep please and I'll call you tomorrow.."
I nodded "Good night.."
"Good night..I love you.."
I sighed "I love you too...bye.."
"Bye.."
I hung up and turned off the lamp...I snuggled into my pillow and surpringly slept soundly