Status: Complete

Breath Into Me

Fifteen

*Nat's pov*
(2 weeks later)
It's been two weeks since everything happened..and just days ago was the funeral...the hardest thing anyone could ever do..bury their best friend...today however Jorel and the guys were due home..for a few days then they started the Saints and Sinners tour...I decided not to go next month but agreed to bring Brooke out on the road in April..oh did I mention Jorel and I set a date we're getting married October 1st..and we're going traditional for the sake of our familes...with Lacey watching Brooklynn I sat at the airport tapping my foot impatiently..I'll be honest the only thing that kept me from breaking down these past 2 weeks was talking to the guys on the phone..I mean Brian and the guys helped but it helped more to have the outsider that wasn't close to him...I smiled as I heard the familier laugh of Dillon..I smiled "Aye Funny.."
Dillon hugged me "Aye Momma...where's Baby Rocker?"
I sighed "With Brian."
He pulled away and looked down at me "How you holding up?"
I sighed deeply "Better...I miss having him around..but I'm a lot better.."
Dillon hugged me again "Good.."
I laughed as I felt 4 pairs of arms..I moved my head to see Lizzie, JJ, Emily and Vicky.."Hi.."
Lizzie hugged me again "Oh my god we missed you and Brooke so much.." she looked around "Where is she."
I sighed "Home with Brian she has the flu...she got sick after the funeral..it rained like crazy."
Emily frowned "Aww the poor baby..."
Vicky sighed "How you doing?"
I smiled slightly "I'm better..how are you?"
She smiled "A lot better now...I wish I could of said goodbye."
I nodded "Ashley understood why you weren't here and no one holds anything against you."
Vicky nodded "Thanks..I'll have to go see her tomorrow.."
I nodded "She'd like that..."
She nodded "Okay.."
After hugging everyone I saw Jorel..I walked up to him and just hugged him "I missed you."
Jorel locked his arms around my waist not letting go.."Where's Brooke?"
I sighed softly "WIth Brian.."
He looked down at me "She still sick?"
I nodded "Yeah..she wanted to come but I didn't want to take her out."
Jorel nodded "I'm glad you didn't.."
I nodded "Yeah."
He gently took my face in his hands "Are you okay?"
I shook my head "Everyone has asked that..but yes I'm fine..I'm still sad but who wouldn't be..I have our beautiful little girl and you're home well at least for a couple days."
Jorel kissed me "I love you so much.."
I smiled "I love you too.."
He looked over my shoulder "They've left us.."
I laughed so "They have."
Jorel kissed me again "Come on I've been away from my little girl too long.."
I nodded "Let's go home.."
He picked up his bags then took my hand and we went out to the car..when we got home he sat is bags down and rushed upstairs to Brooklynn's room
I smiled at Brian "Thanks for watching her for me."
Briansmiled "I love the kid I don't mind at all..and with Lacey's due date coming in just a couple months I need all the practice I can get.."
I nodded "Yeah"
Henodded "You going to leave with them?"
I shook my head "April I am...Brooke is starting to ask questions and she's sick I don't want to take her out on the road with the flu.."
He nodded "That would be wise." he hugged me "I'll see you later alright."
I nodded "Take care of my neice and nephew alright.."
Brian laughed "I will.."
I smiled as he left...I took Jorel's bags upstairs and sat them in our room...I decided to take a quick shower and change into some sweats and a tank top...I walked into Brooke's room to find Jorel sitting in the chair with Brooke in his lap both of them sound asleep...I leaned against the doorway and smiled..I walked over moving my daughters messy auburn hair out of her face and took Jorel's hat off of him...I smiled when he opened his eyes.."Sorry.."
Jorel shook his head "Brian leave?"
I nodded "Yeah.." I picked Brooke up and layed her in her bed..I covered her up as I felt Jorel wrap his arms around my waist and nuzzle my neck "I'm glad you're home.."
He nodded "I wish I could of been here for you..even if it was just to hold you."
I entwined my fingers with his "You were..you listen to me..something you didn't have to do but you did..and I love you so much for it."
Jorel nodded "So have you started wedding plans?"
I nodded "It took my mind off everything..."
He kissed my shoulder "I bet he's up there smiling because all of you are going on with your lives...and you're finally marrying me."
I nodded "Yeah he was happy about that...us doing the right thing and getting married."
Jorel nodded as he looked down at my hand "How about we pay tribute to him..oneday."
I raised an eyebrow "How?"
He smiled "If we ever have a boy...we'll put Jeremy in his name."
I turned and looked at him "Really?"
Jorel nodded "He was your best friend..and our daughter adored him...and he adored her..I couldn't think of a better way to pay tribute to him."
I hugged him "Thank you."
He smiled "You're welcome."
I looked up at him "Let's go to bed.."
Jorel nodded "Sounds like a good idea to me."
I smiled as I turned off Brooklynn's light..we walked out and went to our room and went to bed