World Is Ugly

Ten

Past few days were very hard for Lexi. She avoided Mitchell, but even she tried her hardest she couldn't run away from him, couldn't forget what happened and couldn't stop what she felt. She was spending all her time either at work or at home with Carrie and George, whose presence was becoming more natural to her.
"So they just think I can do everything! I mean, yes I am their assitant, but not their slave," Carrie rolled her eyes at her friends. She was complaining about her job as they were sitting in the living room, drinking a coffee.
"Try to use some mask so they won't recognize you," Lexi grinned at her.
"Here we go, Alexis Stevens and her sarcasm," tiny werewolf girl groaned and rolled her eyes once more.
"Oh, I almost forgot. Did you know our hospital decided that it is time to rebuilt all employees's relationship, because they think we are not close enough, so there'll be a masquerade ball?" George joined the conversation.
"Sure, that's not because there're so many people working so it's actually impossible to meet all of them, right?" Lexi shook her head.
"But I actually think it should be fun. I would love to take you Carrie, but only employees are allowed," he sighed and rubbed his thumb across Carrie's hand.
"What is this? Prom?" Lexi laughed out.
"Sort of. You wear nice dress and dance the night away," George admitted with a soft smile.
"There's no way I am coming," vampire girl said with a small nod which added relevance to her statement.
"Actually, I think you should go with George," Carrie suggested and while George smiled, Lexi only snorted. "It will be fun, I can't go so he won't go alone. And you also need to distract yourself."
"That is brilliant idea!" George grinned and pecked his girlfriend on a cheek.
"Yes. But I am not coming," Lexi shook her head and crossed her arms stubbornly.
"That's good, because as I think of it I doubt you'd able to act like a lady. I mean, I don't want to spend the whole night with someone who will be mean and sarcastic to everyone. I think I'll rather go alone," George agreed and Lexi let her jaw dropped.
"What? No way, you are coming with me whether you like it or not! I am a real lady and I'll prove it to you!" Lexi yelled and stormed to her room.
"You exactly know how to deal troubled roommates," Carrie giggled to George before their lips connected in a passionate kiss.
***
"I'm so excited about this ball, I just feel sorry that I can't go," Annie sighed softly as she sat on a bed. She was in Lexi's room, watching how Carrie was doing her hair.
"I know, right?" Carrie agreed and combed dark locks of vampire girl.
"Yes, so thrilled," Lexi mumbled forming her fingers in a shape of gun and pretending to shoot herself in a head.
"Then why did you agree to go?" Annie questioned and raised her perfect eyebrows.
"I don't even know! That little George is pretty sly! But I won't make him happy by letting him win, so I'll go and act like it's best night of my life!" Lexi pointed out and hissed as Carrie not-so-accidentaly tucked harshly her hair.
"Be nice, he's my boyfriend," werewolf girl frowned.
"Anyway, I don't get why is everybody so excited about it. It is just like prom night, but in this case you can drink legally," Lexi pointed out.
"Wonderful,"Carrie rolled her eyes. "Now stand still," she mumbled at Lexi who was turning her head the whole time and started to put her hair in a high elegant bun.
"I think, even it is only because of this prom night, I could get used to this. I love how nice you girls treat me," Lexi admitted as Annie started to paint her nails in a shimmering soft grey color.
"Will you stop calling it prom?" Carrie groaned as Annie only giggled.
"Will you stop calling it prom?" Lexi mocked up her friend, only receiving a punch to her arm. "Ouch, seriously for such a tiny girl you can punch pretty well."
"You know, I always longed for a friendship like yours," Annie sighed quietly.
"Like having a friend who's punching you?" Lexi rolled her dark eyes at first, but smiled immediately. "Don't worry, Annie, now you have us."
"Now we will be quite extraordinary trio. Vampire, werewolf and ghost," Carrie grinned.
"Exactly vampire who is in love with another vampire, but refuses it, a werewolf who is dating another werewolf and a ghost who is just all by herself, but watching over everybody's happiness," Annie corrected with a huge smiled and all girl bursted out laughing.
"Ok, I just need to do your make up and you're done," Carrie said after a moment as she sprayed some hairspray on Lexi's bun, so it won't mess up during the night.
"And I will go naked!" Lexi grinned. "Don't worry, it was just an idea. And besides you said that after my make up I'm done."
"Tell me, why am I even friends with you?" Carrie sighed and started to put grey eyeshadow on Lexi's eyes.
A little later Lexi walked out of the bathroom, her make up and hairstyle perfect, already wearing her gown. She was wearing strapless silk gown, sweatheart neckline and sparkle lacey applique giving the dress beautiful style, so it fitted her perfectly. The chain and lace mask gave her dangerous yet gentle persona mysterious aura.
"So, how do I look?" Lexi asked nervously and bit her bottom lip as the other girls didn't say a word.
"You look gorgeous. Absolutely beautiful," Annie said truthfully as Carrie only nodded, speechless.