World Is Ugly

Eleven

"Hey Le..wow, you look stunning," George said as he spotted Lexi before the hall, where the ball was taking place.
"Why thank you, you look great too," she smiled brightly at the werewolf guy and poked his cheek.
"You can be actually sweet?! I'm truly proud at you," George smirked as he took her hand and they walked inside together.
The scent of roses hit their noses before they entered the hall and the golden decoration shined in their eyes. Everything was either in gold or black, giving the place expensive look. The soft music was playing as many couples were dancing, and even Lexi wasn't excited she had to come, all her anger disappeared and a frown was replaced with a huge smile.
"This is so beautiful," she breathed out as looking at the whole place.
"But it is nothing compared to you," someone whispered in her ear and she turned around surprised.
Mitchell was standing there, looking unbelievably attractive in his black suit and a simple black mask, but George was nowhere to find.
"Where's George?" Lexi asked as looking around, trying to hide the blush which formed on her tan skin.
"Would you come if I asked you?" Mitchell pointed out.
"It was planned?!" vampire girl asked in shock, though not an unpleasant one.
Mitchell parted his lips to answer her, when another man grabbed Lexi's hand and pulled her away from Mitchell, to the crowd of dancing people.
"Wha-?" Lexi started, but frozed as she looked in the eyes of stranger.
"Good evening," Liam smirked and harshly pulled her to him as squeezing her hand painfully.
"What are you doing here?" she asked and grimaced as his fingers digged in her skin through the silky material of her dress.
"How do you think I realized where you work? I'm not a stalker, I'm a doctor in the hospital, that's where I got all the information about you," Liam smirked and casualy smiled at the couple next to them.
"What do you want from me?" Lexi gritted through her teeth, not wanting to cause any trouble, but desperately trying to get away from him.
"I told you before, I want a revenge," he hissed and spinned her around before grabbing her roughly again.
"I am not afraid of you," Lexi said as she stared in his eyes, ignoring the pain from his touch.
"I bet so, but you should be. I always get what I want, always," Liam whispered in her ear before turning away from her and walking away leaving her standing in the middle of a dancefloor by herself.
Lexi smiled at some couples who were looking her direction before running to the table with drinks and leaned against the wall with a sigh.
"Lexi!" Mitchell yelled her name as he was approaching her and she throw herself in his arms. "What happened?"
"He's here. Liam's working in the same hospital we do," she explained as she pulled away from him.
"That bastard! Did he hurt you?" he almost yelled as his hands balled into fists.
"No, he didn't. I don't think he would do anything here, there are too many witnesses," Lexi said as she rubbed the bridge of her nose nervously.
"I will find him and..." Mitchell started angrily.
"No, please don't. I-I don't want you to go," Lexi whispered softly and smiled as he nodded. She grabbed one glass of wine from the table next to them and drank it quite quickly, trying to calm herself.
"Shall we dance?" Mitchell asked suddenly, even it was more a statement then a question, and tried to ignore the electricity from Lexi's touch as he leaded her to other couples.
"I'm glad you're here," Alexis admitted after a few minutes of silence. She was truly happy and even she tried to ignore a strong love toward him, she couldn't.
"I wouldn't want to be here with anyone else. Because you are the one," Mitchell smiled lightly and pulled her closer to him, so their bodies were touching.
"I don't know what to do. I am so scared," Lexi sighed as she sneaked her hands around his neck.
"I'll be here by you side, because from the first time my eyes landed on you, you stole my heart. I won't let you down. I won't let him hurt you," he whispered reffering the last part to Liam.
"Why do you love me so much? I am a mess! And I still keep pushing you away," she asked quietly as rubbing soft circles on his neck with her thumb.
"Maybe because I'm a mess too. But when I'm with you I don't feel like it, I feel complete. I'm always empty when you go, I feel scared and worthless. With you it's different," Mitchell said truthfully.
"But what if I can't do it. I know nothing about love," Lexi sighed softly.
"I'm not expert on relationships or love either. I mean, my life is a mess. I must fight my fear, my hunger or my past actions. I made so many mistakes in my life, that even asking you to love me is selfish. But I am still asking you. I'm willing to take a chance, to risk it all and make my life better so I can keep us together. I won't give up on you!" he said with so much passion in his voice.
"We are just two lost souls," she said after a moment of silence.
"I am not lost. I have found you," Mitchell whispered and ran his thumb across her cheek.
"I won't be afraid anymore just as long as you stand by me," Lexi said quietly.
She made her decision, she needed to do what her heart longed for. Mitchell was the cause of her fears and problems, but he was the only one she felt safe with. Her breath stopped as he grabbed gently her chin and brought her face closer to him slowly until their lips met. The whole world stopped for them, Mitchell's head started to spin, Lexi's knees went weak and if he didn't held her, she would fell down.
The moment was perfect.
That's when everything went wild as the bombs in the hall erupted and a loud noise was mixed with screams of fear and cries.
Then everything went black.