A New Dawn

Whose Dante

The next morning my body felt so rested. I was awake and aware of my surroundings but I kept my eyes shut. I didn't want to get up and start the day just yet. I was replaying last nights activities over in my head and I just wanted to live in that moment forever. So much passion and love in I never wanted to drift back into reality. Realizing I had work at 12 I groaned and stretched while rolling over.

"Ew creeper." I exhaled seeing Javien just laying there staring at me.

"I love to watch you breathe as you sleep." He defended kissing my forehead.

"I don't want to go to work today." I groaned sitting up.

"Then don't." He copied my same tone.

"I can't just not go."

"You can just not go. Girl you don't have to work if you don't want to. You know I got you."

"I like to work. I would have nothing else to do if I didn't."

"You could be with me all day and have no worries."

"Yes true but I think you'd get tired of me after a while because I do get bitchy especially the third week of every month."

"Then I'll be extra nice to you every third week of the month."

"You are just almost to good to be true. You know that right?"

"How so?"

"Because you have been nothing but genuine to me from the start. Any man would of just kept right on going that night in the alley way. But you stopped and helped me, you got me home, you checked up on me I mean you have been consistent since day one."

"When I see something I want I go for it. And even if I wasn't interested in you I still would have saved you because any man who would let a woman be attacked like that is out of his mind."

"You're right."

"How would you feel about moving with me to Brooklyn? Permanently."

"I really don't know. This is where Ive been all of my life. I don't really know anything outside of this."

"That's why you should. I have a nice home up there you could be comfortable and it would be a new start for you."

"I really don't know dear. I'll have to think about it. I do love you and I do want to be with you but just give me some time to think about it."

"Absolutely, no worries."

I had gotten up to get ready for work. Javien stuck around long enough to carry me on over there and promised to see me at dinner and to bring me home. I was noticing some tension from Karmen when I walked in and it's gotten a little worse as the hours have passed by.

"Go serve them." Karmen spat after she rang someone up for their curb side order.

"Uhm, ok." I answered back lowly. "Is something wrong?" I finally asked getting a bit annoyed with the attitude.

"Nope." She huffed filing her fake nails.

"Well I really feel like something is wrong because you've been nothing but nasty and short with me all evening."

"Bitch nothing is wrong! Jesus just shut the fuck up God!" She shouted back getting in my face.

"Well that was a little uncalled for."

We had finished up early and closed 15 minutes early so I walked across to the Walmart across the parking lot to wait for Javien. No sooner than I sat down to check my phone a silver Altima rolled up and Karmen and 3 other girls jumped out and started walking over to me.

"So you think you bad enough for Javien huh? You think you big shit now because he buying you shit and fucking you?" Karmen started screaming.

"What are you talking about? I have been the same person I always have been. Just because I'm in a relationship doesn't mean anything. And If I recall correctly you were the one who told me to go after him. But in fact, he was the one who asked me out."

"Jump her!" Karmen shouted, rage filling up inside of her.

So Karmen and the other 3 girls ganged up on me and began taking turns using me as a punching bag. Of course my attempts to fight back were useless since 4 on 1 were against me.

"Film that shit! White girl getting her ass beat!" A male voice echoed in the approaching crowd of people.

"Get the fuck off!" I screamed finally kicking one of the girls in the leg to knock her over. "Karmen what the fuck!? You couldn't just fight me yourself!?"

"Shut up bitch that's why I'm fucking your man!" Karmen spat hitting me just above my eye with her ring. Blood gushed down my face at that blow.

"You couldn't fuck yourself!" I shouted punching Karmen in her groin knocking her over. I grabbed her by her hair and gave her a few hits to the face. One of the other girls grabbed me by the back of my hair and threw me face first into the wall. In the distance I could hear Javiens Audi coming closer so I knew I would have some help in a second.

"Javien is coming!" Someone shouted but Karmen kept trying to fight me. I picked up rock and threw it at her head and it sent her straight to the ground. She looked around for a second at everyone and just as she was about to get up and swing at me again Javien stepped in front of me.

"Ive never hit a woman. Don't be the first." He seethed with pure anger in his voice.

"Fuck you Javien! I don't know why you messing with her no way you need a real woman!"

"Bitch you nothing but a fucking slut! All you was good for was sucking this dick. You ain't even worth that now." Javien spat back. "Are you alright baby girl?"

"Just take me home." I shot back slapping his hand away from my eyebrow.

"Are you alright? You have a pretty deep cut you need stitches."

I said nothing.

"Are you going to talk to me?" He sounded more concerned.

"Just get me to wherever."

"Alright."

We pulled up to the hospital and I got out before he even parked the car. I was about 10 feet ahead of him when I walked in. As soon as he was visible to the staff they looked at him as if he was the one who did this to me.

"Ma'am are you alright?" The nurse sitting behind the counter asked getting up.

"Yes, I was jumped by 4 girls a few minutes ago and I think I need stitches in my eyebrow."

"Not a problem right this way."

Once I was set up in my own room Javien came in to join me.

"Baby, please talk to me." He pleaded kneeling in front of me.

"I don't have anything to say right now. It's apparent you have something to tell me about her. I mean no one gets jealous like that out of no where."

"Alright listen. Before we got together Karmen was some bitch I would hook up with here and there. She was just one of those whore's I called on when I wanted to use her. I told you in the passed that there were some females I used like that. But believe me, here look in my phone. All my contacts are either of the men I do business with or you. I deleted every single booty call I had in my phone. You can examine my phone to the max if you need to. Please don't buy into that shit. She is just a jealous bitch who could never be like you. You are so special and unique and worth so much more than she is. I love you and I want you. Fuck anyone who tries to make you believe otherwise."

"I'm sorry I'm just angry right now. I guess I'm just aggravated at the fact that you messed around with her. I just don't even want to go back there again. Im quitting. I'll find something else."

"In Brooklyn?" He smirked trying to get me to agree.

"I still don't know. Ok, alright I guess goodness." I smiled playfully.

"Amazing! Girl I'm telling you, trust in your man you'll love it! You'll be in a bomb ass house with new clothes and make up and whatever you ever dreamed of having it's all yours!"

"Ok Romeo slow down. That's wonderful that you want to do all of that for me. But I just want you to know I don't love you for all the things you do for me and buy me. I love you for you. You don't have to go all out and be extravagant although it is nice, I am happy with just the bare minimum of things."

"Don't ruin my excitement I will spoil my queen."

After another 2 hours we were finally on our way back home. 6 stitches later I was looking a tad bit normal. I had sent Alex a quick text letting him know that I was quitting and I wasn't going to come back for a 2 week notice thing. He was a little upset about it but he understood after I told him what had happened between Karmen and I. I have no desire to sell my grandmothers house so I'll keep this open in case I need to come back.

"Rae are you about ready?" Javien called from outside.

"Almost!"

"Baby I want you to meet a friend of mine. This is Dante. A childhood friend of mine introduced me to him a few months back before he ran from a charge. He's been nothing but loyal to me so I trust him and I also trust him to protect you as well if I'm not around."

"Hi I'm Rae!" I smiled shaking his hand.

"Nice to meet you."

"Alright my love I'm all set lets get going before I change my mind."

"Ok lets go! Don't want you chickening out on me."

Staring out the window I got lost into my own thoughts. I truly don't know 100% what Javien does for a living. I guess I have a hunch but I don't want to assume things. Like meeting this guy Dante raises my suspicions even more but I did promise to not pry into his business life unless he was ready to confide in me. But I mean he just gets up and goes. It's not like he has an office or a regular 9-5 job. He gets up and goes whenever he sees fit and comes home at different times. He's got about 3 homes and 7 separate cars that I've seen so far. I need to keep this curiosity in the back of my mind before I find out something that I might not like.
♠ ♠ ♠
So who is Dante?