Status: Engaged

7 - 11

Money Maker

Sam shoved a large man out of her way earning the attention of the men in question, both of them looking down at her as Aiden trailed in behind. Sam fixed the two taller men with a look, glancing at the fight as Logan landed a firm punch to his opponent’s belly sending the large man staggering back. Sam ignored the whistles and boos and looked back at the dark haired man eyeing her with mild interest, both of them had very similar features but were different in their own way. The one with sandy blond hair elbowed the one looking at Sam to nod at Aiden behind her.

“I’s the bartender from Doc’s,” he said and Sam spared Aiden a look before leaning over to be in their line of vision.

“Where’s your bet?”

“Te pretty one,” the replied in unison as they pointed to Logan, swiftly followed by a wince as he was punched back into Riley. Sam watched Riley whisper something subtly in Logan’s ear, making sure no one saw her doing it as she shoved Logan back into the thick of it. Someone else noticed though and he shot a look to Sam as she looked back at them.

“That’s my brother,” she informed them simply, “And I wouldn’t call him the pretty one.”

“Not wit ye to compete wit no,” the brunet said with a devilish smirk and Aiden stepped up closer almost protectively beside Sam earning a look of annoyance. The man held up his hands innocently and the other just chuckled, running his thumb along his lip as he watched the fight and looked back between Sam and his cohort. It was then that Sam noticed matching tattoos, they had to be related.

“Must be a good investment, bettin on ye brother,” the sandy haired one said and Sam shrugged heavily, looking at both men as she merely told them,

“I bet against him.” Aiden reached a hand up to rub the back of her neck, visibly wincing when Logan hit the dirt and spit out some blood. The two men looked at each other then the ring as Logan seemed to gain new life. “Get your lazy ass up and win us some money!” Sam shouted at her brother and Logan seemed to seek her out in the crowd before sharing a look with Riley who had been watching the bets rise and fall. With the softest of nods, Logan sprang back to his feet and grinned, bloody teeth a ghostly vision as he began practically floating around his opponent.

“Seems ye made a wrong bet,” the brunet said with a play smirk on his lip while the other watched the fight.

“Oh I never lose,” Sam said suggestively and he grinned a little wider before the other elbowed him, muttering a fake apology as he lifted a cigarette to his lips. Sam shot the sandy blond a dark look before it brightened into a smile as the other man looked back at her with a friendly smile.

“Well miss never-lose, I’m Murphy ti’s is my brother Connor,” Murphy offered and Connor cheered loudly as Logan landed a strong hit to the larger man’s face knocking him out cold. Murphy looked at the ring and Sam looked over while Aiden made a mad dash for the ring, Logan collapsing onto Riley as she picked him up off the floor.

Sam looked at Connor and Murphy, nodding her head towards the ring,

“C’mon, I’ll introduce you.”

~*~*~*~

“Did we win? Be honest, Riley, is my face okay?” Logan asked deliriously, blinking away spots and leaning heavily on the smaller woman. Riley grinned and gave a light shake of her head.

“Sorry Logan but I think this is it, your career as a porn star is officially off the table,” she replied as Aiden came pushing through the crowd’s line to scoop up Logan’s other half, which was hard on him as she was much shorter than himself or Riley.

“Aiden, lovebeetle, you don’t think I’m fucked do you? Would you sit on my face? Just for fun?” Logan asked through a bloody grin at Aiden’s sudden shyness. She shoved his side which cut off his laughter with a yelp and she immediately began apologizing. Riley helped Logan stand up straight, steadying him as he swayed and Sam made her way over with the brothers. Logan looked at his sister then the men behind her. “Hey I just went four rounds with Mount Stinky so whatever she said gimme a minute and I’ll serve you my fist,” he held up a severely bruised and bloody fist, looked at it then held up his other which was much the same before he fixed the men with an apologetic pout, “A strong verbal threat it is.” Riley handed Logan a water bottle and the man gargled a mouthful and spit it back out as Connor spoke,

“She didn’t say a t’ing, we bet on ye.” Logan’s brows rose as he shared an impressed look with Riley before they both looked at the men.

“Smart and good looking, okay baby sis we’ll keep you around.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Big shoutout to JurassicLover for the super kind review!

We'd love to hear more and I'll probably start working on the character bios and such for this story then part three so stay tuned!

Thanks again JurassicLover!