The Lure of a Vampire

The Grander Escape

Chastity woke up slowly, her mind dragging as she stretched languidly. Her sleep had been so deep and relaxing that as she pulled herself into wakefulness she mused about how long it had been since her last deep sleep.

As she rolled around in the bed, against the silk sheets, Chastity procrastinated getting up to face the day.

Silk?

Chastity say up quickly, her heart racing in a panic as looked around the unfamiliar bedroom. Immediately reality set in and she remembered the events that had taken place before she had woken up in the strange bed. Her dad selling her off to Max and him chasing her down and terrorizing her until she passed out.

Glancing around the room she took in all its details. It was decorated expensively; the bed was a dark wood frame that crested upwards to hold up a sheer, black canopy. The bed frame matched the rest of the furniture; the bedside tables and dressers. The walls were painted a dark red to coordinate with the red and black silk.

Peaking over the edge of the bed, she saw the plush red carpet that spread across the expanse of the room.

Carefully, she swung her legs over the edge of the bed and stood and tiptoed to the door. Using the utmost caution, Chastity opened the door and peered into the dark hallway. Listening intently for any foot steps or talking she came to the conclusion that she was alone.

Stepping out of the bedroom she looked down both directions of the hallway before deciding to go to the left. Taking off in a dead run, she was determined to find an exit.

Barreling down the hall, Chastity came to a set of stairs and ran down them two at a time without thinking; allowing them to take her to the ground level.

At the bottom of the stairs was when Chastity heard voices. A trio of them getting closer and closer to where she stood frozen. Panic bordering on hysteria overcame Chastity as she looked back and forth, frantic to find a hiding place.

Chastity darted to her right and in the opposite direction of the voices; towards a series of doors. A quick game of inny-minney-minney-moe determined she would go through the middle one.

Closing the door quietly behind her, she leaned against it and sighed deeply, trying to slow her heart and breathing as she continued to listen for the voices that were once again getting closer.

Closing her eyes, Chastity prayed they weren’t planning on entering whatever room she was in.

"Hey! Wait... Guys, do you smells that?" A masculine voice asked, the clarity of the words telling Chastity that whoever the voice belonged to was standing on the other side of the door.

"Is that--"

"Oh yeah it is," A different male voice cut off; his tone sounded pleased and curious.

"Who do you think she belongs to?" The second voice asked curiously, this one was soft, feminine. Definitely a woman.

Chastity backed away from the door, bumping into the cushiony edge of a mattress before sinking down to the floor. They blocked her only means of escape.

Much to Chastity’s despair, the door opened slowly and the first male voice called out, "Come out, come out, wherever you are."