Waking The Dead Out Of The Living

It's Her Fault

“W-what do you mean?” Charlotte stuttered.
Seth sighed and looked at her.
“I think that, when I…”seduced” you, what ever happened to you, happened to me too.” He explained. “I wasn’t in control. If I was, I would have stopped it.”
She nodded understandingly.
“OK, well, let’s just not do that again.”
Seth nodded back at her and the both of them were suddenly left in silence.
The feeling of Seth’s lips on hers kept replaying in her mind and she couldn’t seem to get it out. The coldness of his hand under her shirt felt like it still lingered on her skin, and the tightness of his arms around her waist still squeezed.
Pulling quickly out of her thoughts, Charlotte looked at the clock to see it flash three in the morning.
It’s only been three hours since he came back and already he sucked my blood and kissed me, Charlotte thought.
“I won’t be able to go anywhere.” Seth suddenly said, making Charlotte turn around to face him
“What do you mean?” She asked.
“Everyone thinks I’m dead, Charlotte. I can’t just walk around in public; I’ll have to hide somewhere.”
That issue had never came to her mind and it surprised her.
She didn’t know what to say.
“I could just stay here until we figure something out.” He finally said, sensing her speechlessness.
Charlotte gently took his white hand in hers, holding it tightly.
“I’m so sorry, Seth. This is my entire fault.”
He shook his head to shush her.
“It was an accident, Charlotte. You didn’t know what you were doing.”
“But still-”
“It was an accident.” He repeated strictly.
His hand was now holding hers, much more tightly then when she was holding his.
Her hand started to hurt as he squeezed tighter, compressing her bones together and turning her hand numb.
She could see her skin under his fingers turn as white as his.
His eyes suddenly followed hers and he quickly realized what he was unconsciously doing.
Letting go of her hand, a low, inhuman growl escaped his throat as he turned away from her, clutching his head.
Charlotte then knew that even if he told her every second of her life that this was just an accident, or that it wasn’t her fault, she’d always know for sure that it is.
All of this is her fault and she only wished there was a way to change it all. But as far as she knows, there isn’t.
“Seth, its o-”
“No, it’s not okay.” He snapped at her angrily, cutting off her words, yet again.
“It was an accident.” She repeated his earlier words, though her voice sounded shaky and sensitive, as if about to break.
He looked back at her in concern, his hair tousled from his hands.
“Please don’t cry again, Charlotte.” He pleaded. “Please.”
Charlotte quickly wiped the stray tear that fell and gave him a wide smile.
“I’m not crying.” She assured him, her wide smile struggling on her face.
Sighing, Seth shook his head and passed his fingers through his hair one last time.
Then, he looked at the clock and turned back to her.
“It’s late and I’m pretty sure we both can say that we had a rough night.”
Charlotte nodded, letting her wide smile go and replacing it with a small, real one.
She then got up and went to her bedroom door, locking it to make sure her mother wouldn’t catch Seth and walked back to her bed.
Lying down beside Seth, she sighed and closed her eyes, not bothering to get under the blankets. She didn’t feel completely tired, but relaxing wouldn’t hurt.
Anyways, it was still a few hours before day, and then they’d find out if Seth could go out into the sun.
“Good morning.” Seth told her jokingly.
She laughed with him, and it hurt her inside, as if it was passing through her bottled cry from her earlier tear.
It would have to stay there, she thought, because I’m not going to let it out anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 8! Wow, I'm surprised I got this far.
I'm proud of myself. :D
Anyways, please comment, rate, and if you like it, then subscribe because more chapters are going to be coming.