Waking The Dead Out Of The Living

Bandage

A loud banging sound awoke Charlotte from her mild slumber.
“Charlotte, you open this door right now!” Her mother’s voice rang from behind her door.
Yawning and sitting up, Charlotte noticed Seth quickly getting up as well and running to her closet, closing it silently behind him.
“If you do-”
“I’m coming!” Charlotte yelled, cutting of her mother.
She tiredly stood up and went to open the door, though, before she had a hand on the knob, she heard a low coughing sound come from the closet as if Seth was trying to tell her something.
She was about to go ask him when she caught her reflection in the mirror, and the bandage wrapped around her neck.
“Oh.” She whispered and quickly grabbed a scarf hanging from her door.
After wrapping it securely around her neck, she unlocked and opened the door to an angry looking mother.
“You know that I don’t like it when you lock your door.” Those were the first words that came out of Julie Wolfe’s mouth when she saw her dishevelled looking daughter.
“Sorry.” Charlotte muttered.
Her mother nodded while her eyes slowly traveled to Charlotte’s neck.
Charlotte stiffened under her mother’s gaze, her hands suddenly turning clammy.
“Why do you have a scarf on?” Julie asked as her hands reached out to take the scarf.
Her fingers only skimmed the material before Charlotte took a quick step back.
“I’m just a little… cold.” Charlotte told her, taking another small step away.
Her mother raised a brow and reached out again.
But Charlotte was too quick as she took another step deeper into her room and slammed the door shut, locking it.
“Charlotte, what on earth is wrong with you?” Her mother pleaded from behind the door, her voice incredulous.
“What do you think?” Charlotte snapped, doing by purpose for her voice to sound thick and tearful.
She waited for her mother to respond, leaning against the door.
But, instead, she heard her mother take a few steps away and then stop again.
“I’m sorry, honey.” She said. “I know that this was going to be hard on you.”
Her mother’s foot steps then continued down the stairs.
Sighing, Charlotte turned around and jumped to see Seth standing in front of her.
She put a hand to her fast beating heart and widened her eyes.
“You scared me.” She gasped.
He chuckled and approached her, reaching for her scarf.
He slipped it off of her neck and dropped it onto the ground before starting at the bandage too.
As he unrolled the layers, Charlotte could feel the tension diminish from her neck. The last layer was sticky against her neck because of the blood, and her skin turned cold as the red liquid interacted with the air.
Seth wrapped the bandage into a bundle and threw it into her small trash can beside her desk.
He then turned back to her neck and frowned.
“What’s wrong?” Charlotte asked, taking her eyes off of Seth and turning to look into the mirror.
She approached it more to get a better look and almost gasped when she saw her neck.
Raising her fingers to it, she ran them over the skin of where there was supposed to be two, deep punctures.
“The bite, it’s not there anymore.” She said, looking all around her neck to see if she, by chance, confused sides.
Seth came behind her, and she saw him look down at her neck from in the mirror.
“Charlotte, are you sure that you’re not a vampire?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Nothing much to say, except, please comment and rate.
And, if you really like it, subscribe! :D