Sequel: NightCurse

Welcome to the Black Parade

Wow...

A half a hour later, he was finally in Mikey’s room. Mikey was sleeping soundly on his bed when Gerard first came in. He had a laceration on his neck the size of a pencil. Spider-web cracks shot down one of the lenses of his glasses that lied peacefully and undisturbed on the table next to his bed. His blood-stained shirt was peeking out of the garbage can near the door. Gerard yanked it out of the can. There were only three clean spots the size of dimes on the dirt!

Gerard didn’t want to wake Mikey, so he left Mikey’s room for Cheyenne’s. Cheyenne was lightly asleep in the bed. When he opened the door to her room, she awoke. When she saw, him, she shot right up, and tears trickled down her pale cheeks.

“I’m SO SORRY, GERARD!” she began to cry. Tears formed an ocean on her blanket as she sobbed.

“Huh?” Gerard asked, “For what?” His face was full of bewilderment. He obviously didn’t know much about the accident.

“For attempting SUICIDE!”

His eyes grew big, and his jaw nearly dropped to the icy floor underneath him. “Wha?”

Cheyenne just stared at him. How did he not know? She thought of something to say but couldn’t.

“But I thought you and Mikey were in a car crash!”

“What? I don’t recall being in a car crash.”

“That’s what the doctor said.”

“But I slit my--”

“You WHAT? But how is that possible? I locked every item you could possibly use up!”

“I, I, sorta,” Cheyenne’s eyes began to rain even harder. This was the calm before the storm, however.

“Cheyenne, I’m not mad at you!” He hugged her tight, and she hugged her back.

He then picked up her arm and examined her wrist. The laceration of the wrist had to be about a centimeter deep! There were also a few smaller ones going across the gigantic one, too. Stitches crossed each cut, of course, except for one that barely bled at the time of the attempt. His eyes filled with sorrow-filled tears as they lied on each wound.

When Cheyenne noticed him crying, she began to cry even more. A few more minutes after that, her bloodshot eyes became sore. That didn’t prevent her from crying, however. She could not help herself. The guilt nearly suffocated her. Like a bullet, it shot her down hard. She began to cough from crying too much. Gerard embraced her feather-tight body. She tried to stop crying but just couldn’t. Her blanket was drenched in tears as if someone had spilled a bucket of water on top of it.

Fatigue over-whelmed her, and about two hours after that, had dried up her tears. Her head collided with the pillow, and within five minutes, she was out like a light bulb. Gerard kissed her head and left for Mikey’s room.

When he entered his room, Mikey was just getting up.

“Gerard!” Mikey shouted excitedly, “I’m SO GLAD you’re here! I missed you SO MUCH!” He tried to get up to give him a big bear-hug, but his arms failed to move. He then realized there were teal casts on both of his arms. A frown shot across his face. “How am I going to play in the concert tomorrow with my arms like this?” His face was permeated with sadness.

Gerard had forgotten their first concert of The Black Parade tour was tomorrow. He began to worry when a fantastic but risky idea hit him.

“I don’t think you’ll be able to.”

“But how are we going to have tomorrow’s concert without a bass player?”

“Cheyenne can play bass, can’t she?”

“Yes, but--”

“Then she’ll have to play tomorrow. We have no one else to fill in for you.”

“But last night, while we were sleeping, she tried to--”

“I know. She told me a little while ago. We don’t have another choice, though. Maybe it’ll even help her.”

“Should we actually take that risk?”

“We’ll have to. She’ll be fine. I hope.” Gerard gulped a tiny bit of saliva down his throat.

“Err, alright…”

“When she wakes again, I’ll talk to her about it.”

“Alright.”

A nurse popped inside of the room. “Err, Gerard?”

“Yes?”

“Can I talk to you for a few minutes. It’s about Cheyenne.”

“Okay…”